A Christian review of Breakdown

Yuck

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for posting that! It was hilarious. They censored the word "bastard" b--tard! Hahhahaahhah!

And Gloria topless? WTF?!?!!

Anyone can quote select lines from a song and epically fail at understanding them in the context of the song. The review is a bunch of selective interpretation and word twisting. Any five year-old can do that. I'm not too chuffed.

That was the most retarded review I have seen so far, whoever wrote this piece failed to see that Green Day actually has grown in maturity over time. Apparently the writer has little if any knowledge of the band because most of what he has written could not be further from the truth

Um, this was interesting... They have grown, idiot. You're just too stupid to realize it.

Haha that was the most bullshit I've ever read about a Green Day CD haha I love the part where they say Billie says sarcastically not to believe in religion because they will be sacrificial suicides like a dog thats been sodomized. That was such bullshit :lol:

Ugh..I hate it when people try and review albums and not do any research before at all. I mean, I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions, but come on. Do some research first whether that be from watching interviews of the band or getting into their background history. If I was some kind of journalist and I needed to review and album, i'd research first, instead of just drawing quick conclusions. Cause just writing a review without any research to me is just kinda un professional in a way and people are going to think you're an idiot xD

"East Jesus Nowhere" describes religious believers as "a sacrificial suicide/Like a dog that's been sodomized." The song sarcastically suggests that such people shouldn't even be allowed to have children."

Okay...where did they get that from??? I don't know if that's what Billie meant by those lines..

"Clearly, these guys are very angry, and it's hard at times to discern whom they hate more: Me, you, themselves, God, politicians or America in general. Unlike some artists who grow in maturity with time, Green Day seems trapped in a perpetual adolescence."

I don't know about you, but I think that Green Day are one of the most matured bands of this time. I mean...what do they want Billie to write about? A world full of bunnies, rainbows, and flowers? Because that's not how this world is. I think Billie did an amazing job protraying the emotions in each song, and I think they're very realistic. Idk..i just hate how people want to live in this fantasy world that everything is okay and nothing is going wrong what so ever. I mean, yeah..It's good to think positive, but I think that negative things are much more interesting and true. It's more realistic.

These people are fucking stupid :lol:

Look at this.

Many tracks appropriate political and religious jargon to launch seething, mocking attacks on both of those organizations. "East Jesus Nowhere" describes religious believers as "a sacrificial suicide/Like a dog that's been sodomized." The song sarcastically suggests that such people shouldn't even be allowed to have children.

I didn't get that :lol:

"Know Your Enemy" counsels anarchic revolution ("Overthrow the effigy/The vast majority/While burning down the foreman of control").

Umm....ok if you fucktards are going to diss a song have the decency to get the fucking lyrics right.

That was fucking hillarious :lol:

And anarchy can be romantic atleast in my opinion.

Dude Gloria's topless??? Where? I need something new to whack off to.

there is a topless pic. but thats in the special edition form best buy at least.

Oh and where is this phantom topless Gloria, because I am not seeing it. The reviewer must have a copy that no one else in the world has if he is seeing a topless Gloria

EDIT: I just saw the post above me about the topless Gloria being in the Best Buy Special edition, I was not aware of that. I knew I should have gotten that one

Ugh..I hate it when people try and review albums and not do any research before at all. I mean, I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions, but come on. Do some research first whether that be from watching interviews of the band or getting into their background history. If I was some kind of journalist and I needed to review and album, i'd research first, instead of just drawing quick conclusions. Cause just writing a review without any research to me is just kinda un professional in a way and people are going to think you're an idiot xD

"East Jesus Nowhere" describes religious believers as "a sacrificial suicide/Like a dog that's been sodomized." The song sarcastically suggests that such people shouldn't even be allowed to have children."

Okay...where did they get that from??? I don't know if that's what Billie meant by those lines..

"Clearly, these guys are very angry, and it's hard at times to discern whom they hate more: Me, you, themselves, God, politicians or America in general. Unlike some artists who grow in maturity with time, Green Day seems trapped in a perpetual adolescence."

I don't know about you, but I think that Green Day are one of the most matured bands of this time. I mean...what do they want Billie to write about? A world full of bunnies, rainbows, and flowers? Because that's not how this world is. I think Billie did an amazing job protraying the emotions in each song, and I think they're very realistic. Idk..i just hate how people want to live in this fantasy world that everything is okay and nothing is going wrong what so ever. I mean, yeah..It's good to think positive, but I think that negative things are much more interesting and true. It's more realistic.

Amen, well said.

wow, the funny thing is that EJN is about people like the person who wrote this review. and did he say that GD were angry? christ! they need to review a record that is REALLY angry. maybe All Hope Is Gone? actually i am going to look and see if they have reviewed that record if they have it should be hilarious! :cool:

By the end of the album, America is on fire as it devolves into dystopic anarchy

Haha, wonderful. :)

can we post the pic of Gloria

cuz i still dont think it exists

Someone was angry when they wrote that review. Terrible...

The so called "positive" part is more hilarious than the negative part.

How have they not grown up? I don't see them writing songs about Masturbation and shit anymore and unlike some bands, they speak the truth through their lyrics. I normally don't care about bad reviews, but this one is just horrible. But it was amusing to read.

Some Christian people with their faith remind me of the preacher of off "Footloose" :lol: and that's the mental picture I saw was a preacher going crazy lol

o.o at first i thought that this review was only a joke.

Really...

Even after i read the review.

What a terrible review. I think they just set out to find "bad/offensive" lyrics and that's all they focused on. They didn't even really give a feel for the album, just lots of misinformed whining.

Here's the topless Gloria(mind you, you can't really see anything). Side boob.

Archived