Why did Billie fight that fan in 1997?

AndrewSon

I don't know how anybody can tell whether he's a violent man or not. Although there is definitely evidence to suggest that he can be. Refer to OP.

Edit : I think they call it "Small Mans Syndrome"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard he was beating up a kid or summat, I can't remember properly.

"small man syndrome" xD

Because he refused to give Billie oral before the show.

All I know is OUCH to the person who he managed to land on. Whether it was the right person or not, paaaaaaaaaaainful.

I wouldnt care wouldnt it be great to have billie on your shoulders :lol:

The Billie Joe of 1997 and the Billie Joe of 2009 are two totally different people. Anyway, when I saw Green Day at the Roseland Ballroom in 1997 they actually stopped playing Geek Stink Breath to yell at somebody in the crowd.

Yeah that is so true, two completely different people. Billie of the 90's seemed like he was always on speed, was crazier, and was actually a lot funnier than he is now (we saw that on the Colbert Report haha). The epitome of 90's Billie for me is that live She video on MTV in Chicago where he just freaks out in the beginning :D I think I like Billie of today more though, he's way more mature, and probably easier to be around.

Wow and for some reason i thought this thread got closed already in any case it should be soon

You like making

useless

threads don't you?

haahhaa thanks ?

yeah MODS close this.. its been enough of a discussion about this.. i heard some good theories its enough :-)

Apparently the guy wasn't a fan, but ended up going with his girlfriend so he could basically just yell out about how much the band sucked. Billie was drunk and lost his temper. Apparently though once he got in the crowd he didn't hit the guy, he missed and got the guy's girlfriend. So he spoke to her afterwards and apologised, gave her a kiss and tickets to the next night's show. I think this all came from the girl herself.

so that's basically it. Not very interesting.

Ah, that make sense.

ehm... welcome? :huh:

He either didn't read the highlighted bit, or he didn't realize your sarcasm. :lol:

When Billie is just about to land in the crowd, mike pretends he is landing in there too. :lol:

He just lost it i guess. Could have just been a rush of blood to the head and this guy obviously did something to make him see red

I've heard it was because the guy was causing trouble/violence in the crowd, just Billie's usual crowd-control taken too far and out of control.

I've seen another video from Dookie time where he goes into the crowd threatening to fight someone who was spoiling the show by being an idiot (but in the end no fighting occurs and it's turned into a lighthearted joke). I've also read both Billie and Mike say they've jumped in the crowd to fight on other occasions too. So it's not a one-off.

I'd say it was probably done with honorable intentions, but just taken way too far. I admire how they go out of their way to prevent trouble in the crowd, I think that sets Green Day aparts from a lot of bands. But probably best to stick to doing it vocally!

^yeah he stopped the show in chicago and told this gal to quit flashing her boobies.

^Ahh yeah. And Mike stopped a show in Phoenix to berate some moron trying to stick his hands down this girl's trousers. He looks so pissed off, he looks like he's about to jump down and fight him but lets security deal with it instead. Probably the best idea.

haahhaa thanks ?

yeah MODS close this.. its been enough of a discussion about this.. i heard some good theories its enough :-)

You can't keep making rubbish threads and then, a page or two later when people point out it's rubbish, give permission for the mods to close it. More of than not they'll get closed anyway. Stop asking for it.

Meh I think it's quite an interesting element of how Green Day behave onstage. And lets be honest here, it's an interesting video to watch!

does anyone remember at KROQ someone was getting pushed around in the pit, and Billie actually stopped playing and told them to stop because the girl was getting hurt?

i remember watching it.

does anyone remember at KROQ someone was getting pushed around in the pit, and Billie actually stopped playing and told them to stop because the girl was getting hurt?

i remember watching it.

Was that during Homecoming? I remember watching a vid like that, but I never really pay attention at from what it is...

That's why I said "this came from the girl herself" meaning it was her own account of what happened. But really no one knows what happened and it's been over ten years ago, I don't see why it matters

I think i read somewhere that Billie said that this "guy" was some kind of punkguy and he was yelling at the band that they sucked and that they did sell out and similar things. That plus alcohol i guess could be the reason..

Archived