Billie Joe Vocals Question

iHasan

Billie can do falsetto, but I read that he doesn't do it live because he doesn't want to mess up. It's tough to pull off. I'm sure it took many takes in the studio to get everything right. But on the last chorus on SNL, he does pull off the falsetto once. So he can definitely do it.

And yeah, Green Day use a lot of auto-tune, but so do a lot of bands. If it makes it sound better, then have at it. Just as long as it isn't overused.

this! XD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they find a balance between the two

One thing that you have to consider is that when an artist is in the studio, it can take a lot of tries to get the right vocal take, or even the right verse or chorus, or even just one fucking line (tom delonge's case for "i miss you"). billie didnt do everything in one take. well, maybe 39/smooth is the exception. now, about autotune: you can use it, but not *over* use it. chances are that billie was pretty close to some notes (as you'll notice in live performances), but had a good performance. a lot of people simply cannot do both. so what if they used autotune? would you rather hear it without it? i wouldn't wanna with some artists!

Archived