21 Guns (New Single and Videoclip?)

Punk_Rocker_Guy

So true. I guess that makes "21 Guns" the "BOBD" of this album. Boooooring.

yes, so in order not to hate the song, I order for an immediate 21 Guns "shutdown" before we get boner-blocked

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes, so in order not to hate the song, I order for an immediate 21 Guns "shutdown" before we get boner-blocked

I second that motion. I'm sick of being Green Day boner-blocked.

Not surprised that 21 Guns is the next single. In the music industry, ballads are traditionally the second single.

If 21CBD follows the same pattern as AI, East Jesus Nowhere will be the next single after 21 Guns since it is the "Holiday" of the album.

lolwut?

I knew 21 Guns is going to be a single but....wha?

I dunno I like 21 Guns. It's a cool sounding song I'm all for it being a single 8D

ugh why is it a single?

why couldnt East Jesus Nowhere be a single?

trust me it will be!!!!!!!!!!

Seems I have to keep asking this question on these forums....why the hell do you guys care what the single is? Its to promote the album to people who haven't already purchased it - its not in any way for the fans of the band. It is nothing but a marketing tool.

People on here bitch about KYE being a single but its been a huge success as a single and promoted the album to land at #1 on the billboard charts.

well, most singles come out with music videos, but I think this is merely speculation

I dont think this is speculation.

It says on the cover of the cd featuring Know your enemy and 21 guns.

Seems I have to keep asking this question on these forums....why the hell do you guys care what the single is? Its to promote the album to people who haven't already purchased it - its not in any way for the fans of the band. It is nothing but a marketing tool.

People on here bitch about KYE being a single but its been a huge success as a single and promoted the album to land at #1 on the billboard charts.

exactly and 21 guns will cross all charts just like BOBD which will sell more!!!

I'm sure it will be a single. Everywhere they go, they play Know Your Enemy and 21 guns.

I hope the 3rd single will be East Jesus Nowhere

I really love this song.

Shame its going to be a single though. It means it'll get overplayed to shit.

Why is everyone saying this is the BOBD of Breakdown, its clearly more like September, RHS is very BOBD.

21 Guns is more like the WMUWSE.

But, it is like Boulevard in the sense that it's the second single and it's a slower ballad type. If they release Last Night on Earth as a fourth single, presumably after East Jesus Nowhere, then that would be more like the WMUWSE as opposed to 21 Guns.

But whatever, all these comparisons are doing my head in. It's interesting to note that the order of releases are following a similar pattern to AI though.

edit: personally I think they should release Peacemaker to throw everyone off a bit.

i'd like 21 guns to be the next single. and i really think it would be. it is so single-ish and it may be huge like wmuwse.

east jesus nowhere is good too it might be the third. i can hear foxboro hot tubs in that song.

Guest Hayley

It's cool, i like this song even though I think that EJN would make a great single.

this was to obvius to me.

on the CD it stod:

"Fetures Know your enemy and 21 guns"

and that is usualy the singels listed

It was already pretty obvious that 21 Guns would be the next single.

But nice to know have more confirmation or something. :happy:

I will love this video :wub: The lyric and the music are beautiful

i'd like 21 guns to be the next single. and i really think it would be. it is so single-ish and it may be huge like wmuwse.

east jesus nowhere is good too it might be the third. i can hear foxboro hot tubs in that song.

Yeah, here in Spain is the single now

Nice! It's one of my least favourite songs on the album, but that's by Green Day standards so that just means 9.5/10 instead of 10/10 :D, I look forward to hearing it all over the place and the video.

Plus this brings us one step closer to the third single, hopefully being East Jesus Nowhere :wub:

East Jesus Nowhere will still be released as a third single, I don't think they are only going to have 2 singles.

they'll have 4-5 singles. they also had five for american idiot.

EJN is defiantly next, and after that obviously another massively mainstream track...RHS. Really, Lobotomy should be released.

Yeah, I want it to win the "new music knock-up" on the radio station i listen to. haha. Know Your Enemy went against Sean Kingstons song...and it didn't win. :( but I think 21 Guns will do better.

Archived