21st CB fastest selling album of the year in the UK

SOMERTEN

Thats pretty impressive. I think eminem's new album will be very close to matching it if not beating it though.

how i hate eninem...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think that is why it got positive reviews. :lol:

Well of course, there's more to it then that, I never denied that some people actually like the album. Look at the bloody Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana, those very magazines / newspapers are probably giving positive reviews to them too.

do you know your eninemy ?

That made me laugh out loud way more than it should have done.

I don't think that is why it got positive reviews. :lol:

Neither do I :lol:. Going over the top slagging off big bands gets lots of attention too, I think critics would've loved to pan it as a failure to match American Idiot if they had the chance.

The fact that pretty much all the negative reviews have been so poorly written shows something I'm sure. They've had to skim over the actual album and focus on comparing it to their old stuff in a desperate attempt to justify calling it bad.

Very cool!

I can agree to disagree with someone who does not like the album.

I went into it with an open mind, because if I don't like a song I will say so, even if it is by any of my favorite bands.

"21st Century Breakdown" to me is a masterpiece.

To some people "Stairway to Heaven" is a masterpiece. It is fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Ugh.

I love The Beatles a ton, but "Sexy Sady" and "Michelle" make me want to smash my CD player.

So everyone is different. I respect that

I don't really agree with the statement that high reviews sell magazines. Again, my opinion.

Time will tell how well ti sells and all that. Personally I think it will be in the top selling albums of this year.

No need to flame her for not diggin the album. its all about freedom of speech and ideas on a public forum such as this. but of course, people here tend to forget that when the almighty lords of music are critisized. Its not hard to believe that people don't like this album. get over it

if you bothered reading my post ud see that i actually do respect her opinion on not liking the album.i just said that saying that the majority of the people in the u.k won't like itso soon after its released,is as far fetched a prediction as saying it'l be the album of the year.i have nothing against people who dont like the album and green day are not my gods,musical or otherwise.

Jillie Boe is right to express her opinion. Obviously, she IS in the minority and the majority love the album. I'm sorry she cant enjoy the album as much as we can.

She Wants To Be The Minority ;)

I think you're going a bit too far here to be honest. Personally, I believe the album is utter crap, and I believe that a lot of the people who have bought the album were probably 'disappointed'. Of course, I was intelligent enough to listen to it online instead of being the fool that went out and bought it first.

I'd be extremely interested to know what you consider 'good music' if you don't like the album. I think it's amazing and I like a really wide range of music.

Perhaps there's other people that feel they have the 'intelligence' to understand the spirit of the album the same as you feel you were intelligent enough not to buy it. I also think more people are surprised at how good it is rather than being disappointed. I also agree with Larry Livermore that there's no other band around to compete with Green Day at the moment, but as usual, that will be down to future generations to determine that in the way that today's listeners lament past bands.

As for eminem, I can't believe people buy that crappy bippy nursery rhyme shite there isn't a fuckin original thought in it, they want a slap.

You found it! thanks, it didn't seem to be online earlier.

You found it! thanks, it didn't seem to be online earlier.

hah yeah it wasnt....

its just my addiction to googleing the band every ten minutes that resulted it the find

:lol:

I like Eminem :happy:. Shame he's gone downhill so much but I will give the new album a listen, he's earned me giving it a chance with his fantastic early stuff. As long as he doesn't keep Green Day off number one I'm happy.

I like Eminem :happy:. Shame he's gone downhill so much but I will give the new album a listen, he's earned me giving it a chance with his fantastic early stuff. As long as he doesn't keep Green Day off number one I'm happy.

which is why you ARNT gonna buy his album :wink:

which is why you ARNT gonna buy his album :wink:

Not until my boys are safely at number one :lol:

Not until my boys are safely at number one :lol:

Good:D

or maby you could limewire him

Oops sorry, now I'm slagging off personal taste! I really hate rap music but I wouldn't go as far to waste time slagging it off to people who like it!

I do agree that most people in the UK don't like Green Day as most people in the UK are basically morons who think Pop Idol contestants are famous, that Katie Price is a celebrity and the rubbish in the UK top 40 is actually music.

Ok question from the Eminem video, is Brett Michaels actually bald? never seen him hatless!

Wow that's awesome. :woot: I wounder how many they will be after a week.

No need to apologize, I enjoy slagging off things I don't like it's fun. As a matter of fact I hate the new Eminem video and song anyway, it's rubbish!

Positive reviews on big bands such as Green Day sell magazines well.

Negative reviews sell too.

well, congrats to GD

She Wants To Be The Minority ;)

oh god :P

Well, clearly on this forum I am in the minority, for obvious reasons. In the UK in general, I don't think I am.

But the whole point of this thread is to say that it's the fastest selling album in the UK so far this year. So ... that doesn't make much sense.

wow fastest selling of 09...cool! From preoders though they sold a load!

But the whole point of this thread is to say that it's the fastest selling album in the UK so far this year. So ... that doesn't make much sense.

True...:/

Archived