Your Favorite Green Day Album

TomDB

Favorite Green Day Album  

589 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is a special place in my heart for American Idiot. That album has done so much for me.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waw 21st Century Breakdown on the first position lol i love so much this album like the others but i don't think he diserve that more than my favorite Dookie

I think that or those uf us who joined the Green Day-wagon after American idiot was released hold 21CB high. Musically it's a masterpiece, and I think the reason so many fans don't love it is because a large portion of the fans expect Green Day to be Green Day the way they were in the 90's. For those of us who fell in love with green Day because of American idiot, 21Cb is a gift from god :)

^True. All their albums are a gift. And there hasn't been a single dud, regardless of which is a favorite.

Up through 21CB, my albums are ordered thusly:

1. American Idiot

2. 21st Century Breakdown

3. Nimrod

4. Dookie

5. Warning

6. 39/Smooth

7. Insomniac

8. Kerplunk

American Idiot will always hold a special place in my heart, being as that's how I discovered Green Day. And it's just so flawlessly constructed, passionate, moving, perfect..... epic. I love it. My favorite album of all time by any artist, I think. However, 21st Century Breakdown is a close second - I love how musically diverse and complex it is. They really pushed themselves with that one, and it paid off. Quite impressive. I love how varied and personal Nimrod is. The rest are great too. Kerplunk has the most songs that I actually kind of dislike though. :/

Now, it's not yet clear where the three new albums will fit. So far I'm really digging Uno, but I think Dos will be way better, and Tré could potentially be the best. Who knows. But I think they'll definitely all be in the upper half of my list. (Wait, that would require pushing down Nimrod and Dookie.... hmmm...... this will be tough!)

For me, the order is this:

1. 21st Century Breakdown

2. American Idiot

3. ¡Uno!

4. Dookie

5. Warning

6. Nimrod

7. Kerplunk

8. Insomniac

9. 39/Smooth

21st Century Breakdown is my favourite album, I don't know why so many people hate it. :(

My favorite album is Kerplunk. Here's why

2000 LYA- This isn't a sappy love song, but a song that most people can relate to

One for the Razorbacks- About helping cheer up a girl with a broken heart, showing that Billie isn't always a snotty in-your-face guy

Welcome to Paradise- This raw track was written only a week before it was recorded and is about living life in the warehouse, where punks, bums, and druggies all got along. Everyone obeyed the "code" of the warehouse, and it's a society within a society, with its own structures and community

Christie Road- About needing to get away, just to be alone or be with someone you care about. A song that every teenager with 'sexual tension' can relate to.

Private Ale- This song I think about everytime I see a girl I know in public. Do I go up to her and say hi, or do I turn my head and pretend not to notice.

Dominated Love Slave- Tre's goofy humor about my sick fetish :creep:

One of My Lies- For me, this song is when you get fed up with a girl and just flip shit. You spill the harsh truth, and after that, all you wanna do is get real high

80- A killer guitar track about a breathtaking chick who leaves Billie with a loss for words and a lust for life

Android- this was one of my top ten for a while. Where are you going in life?

No One Knows- A breathtaking beautiful bass intro, with outstanding lyrics. This could have easily been on Dookie. With Mikes harmonies, I get a boner every time.

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?- Sums up the classic novel with a great vibe

Words I Might Have Ate- Billie Regrets his actions, another example of Mr. Nice Guy, and Mike's beautiful voice again

(I'll throw in Sweet Children)

Sweet Children- A pop-piss attitude while telling tales of the teens that took the fun route

Best Thing In Town- One of Billie and Mike's first songs, this song is great

Strangeland- Looking at life from a new perspective, and asking why

My Generation- Heineken, fuck that shit!

Guest MadeInRatCity

Can't get this thing. GDC has some thousand members but the votes are only 500. Where are these thousand members?

And to everyone with uno in their top list, do you really like it, or are you just hyped for the new material. Give it a while to sink in.

• 7 months later...

I voted for Dookie. like alot of people it's the first time I heard of Green Day. the album is so nostalgic to me. i'll never forget getting that album on cassette back in the fall of '95. when I was 10 years old. i'm 27 now and I still adore Green Day and that album.

I feel like I'm being asked to choose between my children.

I love everything equally, except for the trilogy, which is one step below unfortunately.

I feel like I'm being asked to choose between my children.

I love everything equally, except for the trilogy, which is one step below unfortunately.

So your triplets each get 1/3 of the love? :cry:

So your triplets each get 1/3 of the love? :cry:

What can I say, I've been overwhelmed and shattered since they were born, but it seems my love for them is growing deeper each day. We'll see.

American Idiot means a lot to me, so i'll vote for it, but i love the trilogy, 21stCB and Nimrod too :wub:

Archived