Jasons new gear for 21CB tour

Guest Brian

damn i want a gibson special or junior! i want me some p90 sexy sounds!!!!!

Or i could just drop some p90s into my rg321... but sigh

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Brian
damn i want a gibson special or junior! i want me some p90 sexy sounds!!!!!

Or i could just drop some p90s into my rg321... but sigh

I think everyone should have a Junior. I love mine, it sounds so awesome. It's really weird too, unplugged its almost as loud as an acoustic guitar. :blink:

I've been told to "turn the volume down" a few times...lol

I think everyone should have a Junior. I love mine, it sounds so awesome. It's really weird too, unplugged its almost as loud as an acoustic guitar. :blink:

I've been told to "turn the volume down" a few times...lol

what junior is yours? is it a VOS custom ? a vintage one ? or just a regular gibson?

i would diee for a VOS or vintage !!!

woohoo, great information^^ thanks so much for posting that

Guest Brian
what junior is yours? is it a VOS custom ? a vintage one ? or just a regular gibson?

i would diee for a VOS or vintage !!!

It's a Les Paul Junior '58 DC "Re-issue" from 1987. Although the word reissue is used lightly. It has a tune-o-matic instead of the regular wraparound bridge, some other in-accuracies too but still an awesome guitar. This was the first time they made Juniors since the 60's ones, they made Specials in the 70's but no Juniors.

I'm guessin' it was an older song considering Billie is playing one of the Blue strats ( I doubt its the blue!). The older songs were in Eb tuning, I think pre-Dookie?

I don't think that's an old LP. :/

^He/she said he played an old black LP, so i thought he used an other one as well. :)

It's a Les Paul Junior '58 DC "Re-issue" from 1987. Although the word reissue is used lightly. It has a tune-o-matic instead of the regular wraparound bridge, some other in-accuracies too but still an awesome guitar. This was the first time they made Juniors since the 60's ones, they made Specials in the 70's but no Juniors.

its still a sexy guitar though , :D ur lucky!

i swear i'll get a vintage one , eventually!

lol , you do know that everyone swears the wraparound bridge is the key to amazing sustain ... it beats the tune-o-matic TOTALLY ... :P

LOL im joking, but yes it does increase sustain... but yeah guitar makers just love to throw words like" reissue "around.

Guest Brian
its still a sexy guitar though , :D ur lucky!

i swear i'll get a vintage one , eventually!

lol , you do know that everyone swears the wraparound bridge is the key to amazing sustain ... it beats the tune-o-matic TOTALLY ... :P

LOL im joking, but yes it does increase sustain... but yeah guitar makers just love to throw words like" reissue "around.

Well... I like what I'm hearing from it so I'm not gonna change for a wraparound. I am planning to put together a Flying V junior with a wraparound though. That's gonna rock. :cool:

SUGGESTION:

make a Setup page if we get the setup for Billie and Mike

We do have an equipment page, which we've recently started updating for Tre. I'd love any help I can get for Billie's and Mike's setups, because they haven't been updated in a long while. When I get Billie, Mike, and Tre in good shape, I might just add this info about Jason, too.

Whoever helps gets credited in the section they helped with, and if you have a source I should credit, be sure to let me know that information, too.

Thanks for posting, Brian. This is awesome. Please do let us know if the site posts the setups for Billie and Mike as well.

Guest Brian
We do have an equipment page, which we've recently started updating for Tre. I'd love any help I can get for Billie's and Mike's setups, because they haven't been updated in a long while. When I get Billie, Mike, and Tre in good shape, I might just add this info about Jason, too.

Whoever helps gets credited in the section they helped with, and if you have a source I should credit, be sure to let me know that information, too.

Thanks for posting, Brian. This is awesome. Please do let us know if the site posts the setups for Billie and Mike as well.

You're welcome. If you need help with the equipment page just let me know, I know a bit too much about guitars and basses. :blink:

Well... I like what I'm hearing from it so I'm not gonna change for a wraparound. I am planning to put together a Flying V junior with a wraparound though. That's gonna rock. :cool:

i was totally kidding abt the superiority of the wrap around! it is good in its own ways though .

i just love the p90 crunch though , but from the thread u can see billie used to use stacked p90s (like in his gibson signature custom ) but he's stopped using them, i guess it is true about how the stacked one looses its edge.

It also mentions that Billie uses some custom shop juniors , but gibson has closed their custom shop... so does this mean that they do special stuff for him ? or are they referring to their custom line of guitars?

Guest Brian
i was totally kidding abt the superiority of the wrap around! it is good in its own ways though .

i just love the p90 crunch though , but from the thread u can see billie used to use stacked p90s (like in his gibson signature custom ) but he's stopped using them, i guess it is true about how the stacked one looses its edge.

It also mentions that Billie uses some custom shop juniors , but gibson has closed their custom shop... so does this mean that they do special stuff for him ? or are they referring to their custom line of guitars?

No, they still have their custom shop. It's just seperate from Gibson USA. It's their "Custom, Art & Historic division". The CS Jr's are probably just the VOS ones.

I agree about the stacked P90's though, they don't sound the same. I'd love to see pictures of Billies rack setup, I wonder what he's using to get rid of the hum. I got an ISP Decimator recently that does an amazing job of getting rid of the hum without affecting the tone.

id like a nice (accurately) detailed list for tre's gear this go 'round....

its bugging me that zildjian discontinued one of the crash models he uses/used (i played them as well, great cymbal)....i wanna know if he has a back stock of them or if hes playing something different now....

normal_P1010176.JPG

LP Standard in black :)

normal_P1010170.JPG

R8 Les Paul

He has a few "Tele's"... well actually one I've seen is a Telecaster Custom and the other is an Esquire (single pickup). You can see these pics on the FBHT website.

I'm guessin' it was an older song considering Billie is playing one of the Blue strats ( I doubt its the blue!). The older songs were in Eb tuning, I think pre-Dookie?

I seriously doubt it's Billies guitar... but do you have any links to the studio photos?

Look at GDA, might be there, they are new, the ones with Billie with ALL of his guitars...fuck, hes deffiantly a collector. He has Reissues, Standards, Juniors, Teles, Strats, Gretsch ect.

Look at GDA, might be there, they are new, the ones with Billie with ALL of his guitars...fuck, hes deffiantly a collector. He has Reissues, Standards, Juniors, Teles, Strats, Gretsch ect.

well i've read somewhere he has around a 100 guitars! damn .

but yeah he definitely deserves it and he has the $$$ so ... GREAT for him! He gets to enjoy what he loves.

found some info on the internet regarding billie's rig:

i dont know if this has been posted before , but it seems pretty accurate

B.J. Armstrong/Green Day: Black Les Paul, Les Paul Junior, Fernandez Strat (w/ SD JB) > TS-9 > Ibanez Phaser > Boss Tremelo > Marshall 100w Plexi heads (w/ Dookie Mod w/ better preamp and biasing) > Marshall 412 w/ V30. Also has a CAE Preamp > Marshall power amp rig (Jan 2005 G1)

Guest Brian
well i've read somewhere he has around a 100 guitars! damn .

but yeah he definitely deserves it and he has the $$$ so ... GREAT for him! He gets to enjoy what he loves.

He mentioned before in an interview that he has 25 Les Paul Juniors, well... that was a few years ago. I'd wager a bet to say that he has more now!

I just found this pic... really random. I didn't know he had an Explorer! It would be awesome if he used that live.

varie.gif

http://greendayauthority.com/Picture_Vault...astup&cat=0

Scroll down, try not to cum at the ammount of beautiful guitars he has. See if you can spot a vintage suburst les paul standard up the back in the rack, it looks identical to mine!

My guitar just got more awesome :lol: Now I need a Sunburst Junior!

I can see guitars that resemble R8s...and holy fuck...a REAL 1950's Lemondrop LP?!

Guest Brian
http://greendayauthority.com/Picture_Vault...astup&cat=0

Scroll down, try not to cum at the ammount of beautiful guitars he has. See if you can spot a vintage suburst les paul standard up the back in the rack, it looks identical to mine!

My guitar just got more awesome :lol: Now I need a Sunburst Junior!

I can see guitars that resemble R8s...and holy fuck...a REAL 1950's Lemondrop LP?!

Clean up on aisle me! :pinch:

Damn there are some tasty guitars there!! But I really wanted to see more pics of Mike's basses. It looks like he has two new colour signature Fenders. One is silver and one gold. :cool:

What year is your LP?

07. Gibson dont even admit to making VS's (well before the new Standard LPs) so when I got a serial number, they finally did. They are very hard to come by and rare. Now they dont make a VS Standard, what with making the new models with all those new features.

Archived