Regaining interest in Green Day...

Pan.

Until just weeks ago, I hadn't listening to Green Day for years (I even have an old account here from 2006 which was never used.) My brother, who's obsessed with Blink-182 (and Slipknot, but don't get me started) mentioned that GD's coming out with a new album (he was interested because as he put it, "GD are friends with Blink". I guess that's true, since they toured together all. But I'm not that into Blink I must admit.) Anyways... oh yeah, Green Day! I remember them! Let me find my one GD album...

I hadn't listening to it for a very long time and it's rough shape, but Bullet in a Bible is one of my prized possessions. I got it in Canada during a family trip to Prince Edward Island (beautiful place by the way) and so it has some French writing on the front! That whole trip stands out in my mind because I would watch it on a portable DVD player in the bedroom. I remember fondly Tre saying "God wants to see his favorite band again!" and when watching in the living room (we didn't stay in a hotel, but a cabin place), we watched the slideshow with the instrumental "Boulevard of Broken Dreams". I was obsessed (I was actually obsessed before getting Bullet, but whatever. I tried starting a GD website and planned on coding it during the trip, LOL.)

And for some reason... after a while... my interest in GD faded away. I'm glad it came back. I can't believe what I was missing. I fell in love with "Wake Me Up When September Ends" all over again. And I'm finding it more meaningful than ever before.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really lost interest in them. They will always be one of my favorite bands. But, there was a time (a few months) when I was starting to get bored with the old music, and really wanted to hear a new album. That time is definitely gone now!

i lost interest for a while during the summer when i started listening to blink-182 and other bands

it all came back and hopefully staying

and i was only like a fan for a year, so yeah

you never know, age takes you to where you wouldn't expect it

Well I somewhat stopped listening to Green Day so instead I was listening to The Beatles for a few months but as soon as I knew 21st Century Breakdown was coming out I started listening to Green Day everyday like I do now. I listen to them non-stop now and I'm impatiently waiting for it to come out!

they are STILL my fav. band, but they have become so omnipresent in my life at the degree that I am not shocked for every bit of news that come out

I really need the album

they are STILL my fav. band, but they have become so omnipresent in my life at the degree that I am not shocked for every bit of news that come out

I really need the album

Definitely this.

I think this break has been good for me. I've had the chance to expand my musical taste. Green Day is and will always be my favorite band though. I am so excited for the album.

I haven't really been trying to regain interest in them to be honest. I haven't watched any videos or listened to any songs yet. We'll see when the album comes out. I don't think I'll ever have the same level of interest I once had though. I listen to totally different music now and I like it that way. Meh.

I don't really need to regain interest in them. They're just kind of always there in the background.

My two loves in the music world are Weezer and Green Day. I was obsessing over Green Day when American Idiot came out, listening to them non-stop. Then Weezer came out with Make Believe, then I regained my love for Weezer. I continued my obsession until The Red Album came out. Right now, I'm putting them on the back burner (Mind you I still listen to then occasionally, A little Blue Album always cheers me up :happy: ) because Green Day is back!

i've never lost interest in green day.

and even if i ever do, they will always be a massive part of my life.

The only time I've lost 'interest' in GD was between Warning and AI. But even then, it wasn't a lot of interest lost lol I've always loved them, and always will. They're special that way :wub: But I do find the excitement intensifying during all this newness. It's exciting!

Never lost it. If anything, I think the long break tested that and I think I passed that test with flying colors!

I can admit when I was going through depression I lost interest in doing GDA...but never in Green Day. I always have them with me (tattooed on me) to remind me that I'm a huge fan.

Now that medication is getting me back to what I was, and i have more free time, and able to do more on GDA.

I NEVER LOST MY INTEREST 8D

They have still been my favorite band for years. Even when we didn't hear shit from them for months in the past XD Sure I wouldn't listen to them AS MUCH AS I DID before, but they werestill my favorite all along.

I wouldn't say that I ever lost interest, but in the time between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, I did get a little tired of hearing the same songs over and over again. Yeah, there was the Foxboro Hot Tubs album (which was fantastic), but other than that there was nothing. So I started listening to other stuff and getting into other artists (Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, etc.). But now that the album is a mere 2 weeks away, I've found myself listening to nothing but Green Day, with the occasional break to hear something else and keep things "fresh".

They never lost their spot as being my favorite band. It's just nice to take breaks from time to time.

I haven't been as crazed as i used too but with the new album out i have become ultra excited. I started making green day graphics again and blabbing to my mom and friends about any news that i find on here. For one i returned to gdc which i wasn't on for maybe a year in a half to two years. I never really lost all interest in them but in the years after american idiot i did lose some interest.

So I am one of the many people out there who completely lost interest in Green Day... who was absolutely bored with their music or anything that had to do with them.

But after hearing some of the songs off 21stCB, hanging out in a GD-crazed forum, reading GD-related articles, and finding out I'll be able to see them live (and possibly meet them) for the very first time in my life....... I am very happy to say................

I have regained my interest in Green Day!

And I mean it.

So people who lost interest in GD.... have you regained it yet?

yay Pan! I thought you were a lost cause :lol:

Well, for a while I didn't listen to them at all, but I've been always very clear of their impact in my life and that's why they still are my favorite band, so I never really lost interest, I just didn't bother to pick up Nimrod and have fun like I did 3 days ago playing it front to back and getting nice memories :)

I've never lost interest at all :lol:. I think I've listened to Green Day every single day since I discovered them.

It's really cool to see so much excitement about the band around here now though, it enhances my enjoyment of them :happy:

They've been my favorite band since the day I first heard 'em, but during those 5 years since the last album I've listened to all the other shit I like and listened to Green Day only every once and awhile. Now I'm back to where I was, listening all the time and plus I saw them at the Fox which completely brought back any lost interest if ever.

you don't have to listen to them all the time to keep interested.

i listen to heaps of other music, but green day still remain #1 and i've never lost interest.

i suppose when i first started listening to green i thought yeah, good band, but then i joined here and turned into a green day lunatic! But in the 5 years they have been away i suppose i had my ups and downs i never went off them i just had some weeks where i would actually listen to some other music :lol:

I didn't loose interest.

Though now they are "back" though, i visit this place more often than i did for regular updates.

Archived