KKK Guy hanged on Green Day's video?

alexandrez

Well, death is never okay. Hanging someone is never okay, that's what I mean. I don't condone it, but I can see how this might stir some trouble lol I don't look at things that way, though... But I somewhat agree with you.

I don't condone executions... but I could see myself apathetic if not slightly satisfied with a klansmen being hanged.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps I'm crediting them with too much intelligence here, but maybe they're challenging people's view towards capital punishment and mob mentality ? Billie kinda mentioned the whole-city-burning-down-while-making-out-with-your-girlfirend scenario when he was describing the album. If it's not ok to murder someone totally innocent, why is it any better to turn the tables ? I'm sure far more people would be offended if that figure wasn't hooded or a member of a religious cult.

Perhaps I'm crediting them with too much intelligence here, but maybe they're challenging people's view towards capital punishment and mob mentality ? Billie kinda mentioned the whole-city-burning-down-while-making-out-with-your-girlfirend scenario when he was describing the album. If it's not ok to murder someone totally innocent, why is it any better to turn the tables ? I'm sure far more people would be offended if that figure wasn't hooded or a member of a religious cult.

It could also be Christian's take on things. Notice how he is on the right side of Christian. As Billie said in the Times Online article, Gloria is the one that wants to hold a torch, whereas Christian is the one that wants to burn the whole fucking city down.

But yeah, who knows.

It also gives the know your enemy video a bit more dept i think. The burning figures of themselves in the night. :ermm:

wow.. that's pretty.. just wow.

i don't know what to think. they have balls, that's for sure.

i just checked the video on the site and it's only there for a couple of frames, but it's there.

wow.

wow. i don´t know what to say.

That's what I thought at first, too.

Now that, is so punk rock.

Are you being sarcastic? lol hard to tell...

I don't condone executions... but I could see myself apathetic if not slightly satisfied with a klansmen being hanged.

I agree... Granted, they haven't been active in hanging people in a long time, but they still actively hate. They always have, and they always will.

Whoa.

That's weird.

I whole heartedly approve.

This is nothing, really though guys. Have you seen the Millions of Dead Cops artwork?

That's kind of creepy. Why am I hearing a lot of the KKK lately? And I'm not even hearing about it in school. :ermm:

That's kind of creepy. Why am I hearing a lot of the KKK lately? And I'm not even hearing about it in school. :ermm:

because they're fucking sick creeps.

because they're fucking sick creeps.

They really are.

Go to youtube and just type in KKK or whatever.

The thing that bothers me is watching little kids talking that way because that is all the have known.

As for the picture, I think it is a statement indeed. I am not sure how I would feel about killing a KKK member, but much like seeing Nazis die or whatever, I think it is something I would be desensitized to.

Which makes me think a lot too...

:blink:

I can see it....Oh shit....Is this a joke? I've no words for this...

:blink:

I don't understand what the big deal is.

hidden images. great. what's all the hullabaloo about? artists do it all the time.

I have no idea what the fuck 3/4 of those things are.

Me neither but I'd love to know it.

hullabaloo

Lolar bear.

Me neither but I'd love to know it.

Eh. I can't be bothered to care. A subliminal message can't work if you don't give a damn.

subliminal3.th.jpg

subliminal1.th.jpg

subliminal4.th.jpg

subliminal2.th.jpg

Picture one has some taliban-type headcloth type of guy in it

Picture two has (on the left) an "I'm with Stupid -->" sign, on the right a symbol of a cartoon angel of somesort.

Picture three has this taliban guy again, and to the left of Gloria something I don't know either :D

Picture four has a guy throwing a Molotov

Eh. I can't be bothered to care. A subliminal message can't work if you don't give a damn.

Exactly...if you don't care a fuck about it, how can it works?!?

Archived