What Green Day Album would you recommend to a new listener?

xVanessa86x

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to be very original - International Superhits. It gives a pretty good look into their work before AI.

Depends. Probably International superhits, Insomniac or American Idiot.

It depence what typ of person that is. But I would choose between: Dookie, International Superhits or AI.

I'd say American Idiot, then Dookie, then Nimrod. That was the order I heard them, and they also happen to be my three favourites. It certainly made me like Green Day :D

Hmm, maybe to choose one I'd recommend Dookie first. I think it could hook someone in even easier than AI.

Nimrod!!

I think it's an intermediate point

and it's my favorite one

First, American Idiot, or maybe Dookie.

Then Insomniac, then Warning.

I recommend International Superhits and Warning!

my feeling exactly.. warning because it's the best in my opinion and international superhits because it has all of their massive hits :)

Dookie. My friend bought it on vinyl months before it became the phenomenon it is and we both instantly fell in love. We sat around, got high and played the hell out of it. Which in turn immediately led us to 1,039 and Kerplunk.

Great starter album.

Well, fisrrt of all I'd say International Superhits, cause it has all gd hits in it!!!

Also American Idiot and Bullet In a Bible should be recomended!!!

Perhaps Nimrod, its sound is what I'd call 90s' Green Day. Pre-Dookie albums aren't really good for new listeners, most people know almost every song on Dookie so it isn't that good choice either, Insomniac is understood the best when you've listened Dookie. Warning is too weird and so different comparing to other albums that it's good to be found after you've listened other GD albums. AI is so mainstream that everyone who listened to radio in -04 and -05 knows at least three songs off it. So Nimrod :D

^Really? I only knew Basket Case and had vaguely heard When I Come Around before I got into Green Day and bought Dookie.

I agree Nimrod would be a great choice too though, it's my favourite :wub:. And haha I agree about Warning too, I heard that last and it was brilliant, it finally made all their albums kind of slot into place in my mind and make more sense.

haha actually I only knew Basket Case and When I Come Around when I bought Dookie. But what I've asked from bunch of people that doesn't listen anything but radio, they knew Basket Case, WICA and Longview and randomly Welcome To Paradise and She. I meant that Dookie ain't that good choice, cause people shouldn't always be offered the best-selling albums from the band, if there's something better. The sale numbers don't always mean that it's the best :P

okay I don't know anymore what I'm talking about

Either I suffer from dementia, or I'm just stupid and don't have any idea what I am explaining.

haha actually I only knew Basket Case and When I Come Around when I bought Dookie. But what I've asked from bunch of people that doesn't listen anything but radio, they knew Basket Case, WICA and Longview and randomly Welcome To Paradise and She. I meant that Dookie ain't that good choice, cause people shouldn't always be offered the best-selling albums from the band, if there's something better. The sale numbers don't always mean that it's the best :P

Either I suffer from dementia, or I'm just stupid and don't have any idea what I am explaining.

I recommend it not why its the best-selling....

But i would recommend it cause it have the better songs(in my opinion)...

Dookie and Imsomniac

Lol, nah you make perfect sense. Nimrod would definitely be an interesting start, give them a more varied Green Day experience right from the beginning.

I quite like the idea of starting from 1,039.. and listening to them all in order, it must be really cool to do that. But of course they'd have to be into the band enough to enjoy the first two.

Guest 16PaperLanterns

ISH!. Greatest hits albums, imo, are a great way to introduce a new listener to a band that has a lot of records.

Archived