Green Day tonight @ Uptown in Oakland

djrossstar

Totally. I mean, they told us that the band was having an after party with their families inside the venue last night, so I'm sure it was special to them: I ran into Billie's sister, and my mom was standing next to Billie's kids.

Awwww I was just wondering if Jakob and Joey were there!

Somebody on on their flickr wrote out a whole description of the show and said that before St. Jimmy Billie said "I'm going to play all night. Fuck tomorrow. I don't give a fuck. I'm not going to school tomorrow. Fuck that shit. Except for you Joseph Armstrong."

I just find that the cutest thing ever.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sup everyone, I'm bored from waiting in line so I figures I'd give you an update from my iPhone. Got here around twelve thirty, am about tenth in line. About fifty people are in line right now. A couple of people were doing their taxes whilethey waited in line. Some hardcore green day fans are first in line, I think they probably post here. It's really sunny out here and I wish I brought sun screen.

please do give us pics too!

Somebody on on their flickr wrote out a whole description of the show and said that before St. Jimmy Billie said "I'm going to play all night. Fuck tomorrow. I don't give a fuck. I'm not going to school tomorrow. Fuck that shit. Except for you Joseph Armstrong."

Yeah, it was so great when he said that! :-D

I saw Joey after the show; he was walking two of his friends to the outside gate to meet their moms. I know it was him because they called him Joey. :D

:lol: Yeah, he said something like, "Fuck you, Mom and Dad, I'm not going to school tomorrow. Fuck that shit."

During "King For A Day", he kept demanding that everyone get down: "Get down. I said get down. Get down! I said fucking get down! GET DOWN!" I almost peed.

You guys who are going and or waiting outside have the best of times. Draw cute things on the sidewalk with chalk ;)

Penises with butterfly wings are sure to get attention... and write... Ha Ha, You're Dead! next to it. Yummers.

Looks like there will be no perks for IC members. They took down the note on the Events page.

Yeah, it was so great when he said that! :-D

I saw Joey after the show; he was walking two of his friends to the outside gate to meet their moms. I know it was him because they called him Joey. :D

Awww, I always wonder what that feels like for him to watch his dad up on stage.

And god how old is he now, 14!? He must be so much bigger than when we last saw him at the KCA!

Looks like there will be no perks for IC members. They took down the note on the Events page.

I noticed that. Bitches. :dry:

yeah i saw that. i couldn't have gone even if i won tickets

:lol: Yeah, he said something like, "Fuck you, Mom and Dad, I'm not going to school tomorrow. Fuck that shit."

During "King For A Day", he kept demanding that everyone get down: "Get down. I said get down. Get down! I said fucking get down! GET DOWN!" I almost peed.

HAHAHA WAIT JOEY SAID THAT IN RESPONSE TO BILLIE'S COMMENT?

Awww, I always wonder what that feels like for him to watch his dad up on stage.

And god how old is he now, 14!? He must be so much bigger than when we last saw him at the KCA!

He's huge. Not like, fatty-huge, just like, "I'm going through a growth spurt because of puberty"-huge.

HAHAHA WAIT JOEY SAID THAT IN RESPONSE TO BILLIE'S COMMENT?

Hahaha, no, if only. That was what Billie was saying on stage. :lol:

Yeah...I wonder if it's awkward watching King For A Day or Hitchin' A Ride, haha...

And he was pretty tall! It was weird.

I also noticed the change on the IC news page...I don't really know why I was watching it, though, as I am not 21. :-p I think they should play an 18-plus show.

He's huge. Not like, fatty-huge, just like, "I'm going through a growth spurt because of puberty"-huge.

Hahaha, no, if only. That was what Billie was saying on stage. :lol:

I don't know why, but it's kinda weird imagining joey being tall, or just growing up in general.

I think they should play an 18-plus show.

Damn straight!

I don't know why, but it's kinda weird imagining joey being tall, or just growing up in general.

Yeah, it's definitely wacky seeing him grow up.

Yeah...I wonder if it's awkward watching King For A Day or Hitchin' A Ride, haha...

And he was pretty tall! It was weird.

Oh god, I've always wondered that too!

Hahaha adie's probably like OKAY JOEY TIME TO LEAVE NOW.

Imagine if he grows to be taller than Billie? That would be so funny.

Agreed. But imagine how weird it must be for Billie and Adie!

Is this 21+ only?

Yeah, it is. But I think I'm still going to try to get in. I might bring my mom's ID. :lol:

Agreed. But imagine how weird it must be for Billie and Adie!

haha, i know. i'm startin to feel a little creepy talking about joey, i think i'm gonna stop :lol:

Yeah, it is. But I think I'm still going to try to get in. I might bring my mom's ID. :lol:

Oh, you really are? Haha. I might ask my friend to borrow hers, then...but won't we get there too late to get tickets, even if we could get in? What time are you thinking of leaving?

woo hoo-I'm in Oakland and getting ready to get in line!!!!!!!! Happy belated birthday to me!!!!!

Oh, you really are? Haha. I might ask my friend to borrow hers, then...but won't we get there too late to get tickets, even if we could get in? What time are you thinking of leaving?

I don't think there are that many people in line right now, so if we got there soon enough, me might get tickets. Especially if we stand in line with Anja and Diane. I'm still not sure if i can go, but it would be nice to leave by 5.

I'm going to click my ruby slippers three times while saying I wish I were in Oakland.

eh, who am i kidding, i don't own ruby slippers and that would never work.

Archived