Anyone else think Green Day will drop the old songs?

W Axl Rose

Dude, fuck off already. You're talking as if seeing them early on is the only way anyone can actually have a valid opinion. It doesn't matter if you saw them in the 90's or haven't seen them at all. It just doesn't fucking matter. If you liked their old shows better, great! Go find some videos and re-live your best memories of the band. That doesn't mean the news are shit, that just means IN YOUR OPINION they're not as good. And people will disagree with you. Being a fan in the 90's or not until American Idiot is completely irrelevant in that discussion. I'm sure there are people who became fans in 2004 (or more recently) who would rather go to a show where they only played old material -- just as i'm sure there are people who have been fans for 20 years who would prefer to go to a show now.

My point is simple. Some of us like going to shows because Green Day puts on a damn good show. I could care less if they played older songs or newer songs, because it's still the same 3 guys putting on show. Would i love to hear a set of stuff from Kerplunk or all of Dookie, yup! But that doesn't make me think newer shows will be any worse because they don't play those.

Fuck off? I am not sure how much Green Day would appreciate a site Admin (even if it is not the official) site) telling a fan to fuck off over a difference of opinion .I will say that is not very Punk Rawk of you. I can have a discussion without insulting someone just because we don't agree.

I never said the new material was shit,American idiot is my second favorite album.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So explain to me how bringing up past shows I have seen when discussing what the set will be for the new tour is not relevant? take a poll of people who have been GD fans for ten plus years and I bet the majority of them would vote for older material. You pretty much get the response of "I would be happy no matter what they play" from newer fans and people who have never seen them live.

I like to hear the older stuff, i would like to hear more songs off of Insomniac. They have a few singles they dropped especially on this last tour, no Nice Guys Finish Last, Redundant, Warning, Waiting, Geek Stink Breath, Walking Contradiction or when i come around.

But a Green Day show is always great, and I'm happy with whatever i get, but i could be happier if they played some of those songs again live.

They have to play Basketcase though! I don't care about When I Come Around and they could drop Welcome to Paradise for all i care, but Basketcase is always the highlight for me.

Hey, now I'm around your age and I care about the setlist too. I actually like their music as well, but I'd also love if they threw some older stuff in their. Just for the sake of it. I mean, I love new stuff, but old stuff is great and you don't hear it as often as the newer music. I agree with the other guy, we are paying so we are allowed to have out concerns. That doesn't mean we don't like them, 'cause we do, why else would we pay a fortune to see a show?

I'm not saying I DON'T want them to play old stuff. Read my other posts. I'd be THRILLED for them to play older stuff.

However, I'm not going to COMPLAIN when I pay to go to their concerts and they don't play all the songs I want them to.

Fuck off? I am not sure how much Green Day would appreciate a site Admin (even if it is not official) telling a fan to fuck off over a difference of opinion.
Thought you said that Green Day wouldn't be checking the boards to take people backstage?

You're not a customer, they are not a product or a service. They put out their material and play shows because thats what they like doing, and the idea is that people who also enjoy what they do, should go and be a part of it.

Uhh, NEWSFLASH! Green Day is a multi million dollar business. If we (the customer) didn't show up, they wouldn't be playing large shows. Do they play shows for free? Do they give away their music? Green Day ,like most other big bands are a corporation/business. I am sure there is a Green Day INC. in regard to their touring/merch,etc.

Thank you Andres and Nimrodx007 for putting into words what I could not :]

Yay, finally I'm thanked on the GDC instead of being yelled at. :P

I'm not saying I DON'T want them to play old stuff. Read my other posts. I'd be THRILLED for them to play older stuff.

However, I'm not going to COMPLAIN when I pay to go to their concerts and they don't play all the songs I want them to.

Okay, sorry then. I made a dumb move and cam into the middle of a conversation. All Apologies. {great song}

Thought you said that Green Day wouldn't be checking the boards to take people backstage?

Maybe they lurk, how should I know? Either way a member of Green Day wouldn't tell me to Fuck Off over my difference of opinion on their set list. They would respect my opinion as a fan.

Maybe they lurk, how should I know? Either way a member of Green Day wouldn't tell me to Fuck Off over my difference of opinion on their set list. They would respect my opinion as a fan.

Are you sure?

'cause I'm PRETTY sure Billie Joe WOULD tell you to fuck off.

Did you not see the video with the guy with a mohawk?

"Fuck off you little mohawk mother fucker!"

Good for them.

I'm just saying how you told someone off for defending Green Day's choice in set list accusing them of being suck ups and you go and do the same thing.

Good for them.

I'm just saying how you told someone off for defending Green Day's choice in set list accusing them of being suck ups and you go and do the same thing.

Thank you. I see SOMEONE isn't stupid.

no the axel rose guy

I doubt you even know who Axl Rose is and of course Green Day care what the fans think.

I really don't think so. I think they will continue to play the classic songs for us "old school" fans. :D

Good for them.

Show me where I told someone to Fuck Off over a difference of opinion? I can have a discussion without insulting someone in that manner.

lol @ you thinking they care that much about us :)

LOL@ whoever thinks Green Day is not a business.

Show me where I told someone to Fuck Off over a difference of opinion? I can have a discussion without insulting someone in that manner.
I didn't say that you told someone to fuck off. Please read my posts.

I said that you told someone off for trying to get Green Day to take them backstage.

No, the point is you're telling us we're wrong for saying it's Green Day's choice whether they want to play old songs or not, and we're telling you you're wrong for complaining about the setlist.

So don't complain about us, when you're doing the same thing.

I doubt you even know who Axl Rose is and of course Green Day care what the fans think.

oh yeah, i don't know who axl rose is because i'm only 16 right?

I said that you told someone off for trying to get Green Day to take them backstage.

It was a joke. If Green Day did read the boards I don't think they would be looking for fans who agreed with them to take backstage.

no... that wasn't it.

I told him not to complain about GD's setlist choice.

he told me "stop defending them, it's not like they're reading your posts and are going to take you backstage".

but either way, you're right.

oh yeah, i don't know who axl rose is because i'm only 16 right?

That and you didn't spell his name properly.

Archived