GreenDay.com posts official lyrics

Fuzz

hell yeah, that was the next step in taking a place in music history like Lennon did

anybody remembers WOMAN IS THE NIGGER OF THE WORLD??

and he sang it in the early 70's

gotta see how people revolt

rappers use it every time, and I think Billie is cool with some of them, so....

it's all bout connections, you see...

Haha. Yeah Billie and his homeboy Snoop chill all the time. :lol:

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh, I see it, I don't find it really that controversial, he is quoting (I think) what a white man would say when black people would make riots and such

So, do you agree with me? :D

are we really gonna dwell on the word "nigger?" It's only going to be offensive as long as everyone makes a big deal out of it. It shouldn't be any more offensive than calling a girl a bitch. Still offensive but not "forbidden". Those words aren't something you can get rid of. You just have to come to terms with it.

yeah, I really don;t think it's abig deal,

what I don't like about GDC, though is that when you use that word, they go all crazy, I mean, mybe with this we are gonna be allowed to say it more often (ga)

Haha. Yeah Billie and his homeboy Snoop chill all the time. :lol:

they do, I gots a picture to prove it

serious talk

are we really gonna dwell on the word "nigger?" It's only going to be offensive as long as everyone makes a big deal out of it. It shouldn't be any more offensive than calling a girl a bitch. Still offensive but not "forbidden". Those words aren't something you can get rid of. You just have to come to terms with it.

well i dont think we are "dwelling" on it. but i do think its offensive enough to get a big fat "PARETAL ADVISORY" sticker on the cd.

yeah, I really don;t think it's abig deal,

what I don't like about GDC, though is that when you use that word, they go all crazy, I mean, mybe with this we are gonna be allowed to say it more often (ga)

they do, I gots a picture to prove it

serious talk

The picture from New Year's Eve a few years back?

My assessment of what I've read (and I'm giving up, I'll read the last couple tomorrow, I'm exhausted) is that they're going out on a limb w/ this one a little. It's very angry, I haven't seen much hope at all in it, like they said there was. Not to say I don't like it because I do. It's gotten me very anxious to hear it, even more so. But these lyrics just sound different than anything he's done before.Exciting to see what comes next :)

well i dont think we are "dwelling" on it. but i do think its offensive enough to get a big fat "PARETAL ADVISORY" sticker on the cd.

everything gets a parental advisory sticker these days.

I'll be back tomorrow when this is 50 pages long.

Agreed. I think we're more talking about why we think it's offensive/inoffensive.

My assessment of what I've read (and I'm giving up, I'll read the last couple tomorrow, I'm exhausted) is that they're going out on a limb w/ this one a little. It's very angry, I haven't seen much hope at all in it, like they said there was. Not to say I don't like it because I do. It's gotten me very anxious to hear it, even more so. But these lyrics just sound different than anything he's done before.Exciting to see what comes next :)

they only said the hope was in the last song. :unsure:

The picture from New Year's Eve a few years back?

no, the one with snoop holding the bong and Billie spanking a black hoe.

everything gets a parental advisory sticker these days.

I'll be back tomorrow when this is 50 pages long.

yeah, an AVA album got that stuff, but NOFX album's doesn't. It's more about mainstremage

Same, this will get fatter than jose eating meat

oh no. you guys are dwelling. you're emphasizing something and talking about it.

Oh that one! Although, I always wondered why Billie was spanking a gardening tool...

Billie doesn't smoke pot anymore

Oh that one! Although, I always wondered why Billie was spanking a gardening tool...

facepalm

you are some kind of a sorcerer, how did you manage to copy the lyrics?? they weren't even in a text format.

\you must really have a lot of people in GDA

he gots connections, remember?

Billie doesn't smoke pot anymore

oh, I'm sorry,

I never should doubt of you, since you are like Billie's twin soul, you are with him everywhere you go, nothing happens or he doesn't do anything without you knowing.

oh no. you guys are dwelling. you're emphasizing something and talking about it.

Well isn't that kind of the point of this thread? To discuss the new lyrics? And if Billie uses a word in his song that some people could find offensive, would this not be the place to talk about it?

oh, I'm sorry,

I never should doubt of you, since you are like Billie's twin soul, you are with him everywhere you go, nothing happens or he doesn't do nothing without you knowing.

yeah, I gots stalking skills

Well isn't that kind of the point of this thread? To discuss the new lyrics? And if Billie uses a word in his song that some people could find offensive, would this not be the place to talk about it?

sorry i just think it's so dumb that everyone gets mad about it. in my opinion it doesn't really need discussed. whatever though. i'm becoming a hypocrite.

you are some kind of a sorcerer, how did you manage to copy the lyrics?? they weren't even in a text format.

\you must really have a lot of people in GDA

I just spent the last 2.5 hours typing them all up.

ahem!

I'm the class of 13

in the era of dissent

A hostage of the soul

On a strike to pay the rent

The last of the rebels

Without a common ground

I'm gonna light a fire

Into the underground

modern world

Thanks. Fixed.

yeah, Andres put Song on the Century at the beginning but left the rest of the order unchanged

yeah, i started posting them before i got the corrections. Going back to fix it now.

Archived