GreenDay.com posts official lyrics

Fuzz

Because they want to wash our heads to forget anything that we saw on youtube. They warned us by not allowing cameras. But the Fan Instinct made us look for anything, 10 seconds, 20, 30, of a new song.

Next time let's just wait like good folks till the album release hahahahahahahaha

I tried! I really did! ....And failed. :D

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've gotten us all so confused. Why couldn't they just have gotten it right the first time? *shakes head* :lol:

I know :dry:

It just doesn't make sense. Maybe they think it's something like they've taken the word back and are going to embrace it? I don't know. It's not like you see white people calling each other "crackers" or anything. Just seems stupid.

I consider Jungle Bunny and Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey more offensive that the word we're talking about

dude, stop with the female genitalia, this isn't Dai's B-day thread

no, I'm serious,

he says rah-aight

The "N Word" is a significant hotbutton for many people, far more offensive to some than even the worst names people call each other on this forum :lol: (fortunately, usually in jest).

I'm reserving judgement until I hear the song.

Because they want to wash our heads to forget anything that we saw on youtube. They warned us by not allowing cameras. But the Fan Instinct made us look for anything, 10 seconds, 20, 30, of a new song.

Next time let's just wait like good folks till the album release hahahahahahahaha

You know we won't lol we never will...

It just doesn't make sense. Maybe they think it's something like they've taken the word back and are going to embrace it? I don't know. It's not like you see white people calling each other "crackers" or anything. Just seems stupid.

Well, I call people 'cracker' but I don't find the word offensive at all. I don't care lol it's a joke. And maybe that's what 'nigger' is becoming now. Just another word that people use. Meh, whatever lol

In that case...the lyrics of "song of the century" are part of another song?

I think it´s the "Intro" that comes before "21st century breakdown". Just a guess.

no, I'm serious,

he says rah-aight

probably just a think he came in to make the melody fit, he was probably na na na do do da da, rah

I feel relieved that the lyrics for 21cb are different, that means the finished product is different, awesome

ha ha, yes, that is why we are Fans. We want to know every update in a "right now" attitude

Haha, I was just comparing the lyrics to the demo.

I'm really surprised at how much it's been changed.

Most of it actually stayed the same. lyrically anyways. the only difference i noticed is these two parts:

I swallowed my pride

and i choked on my faith

I've given my heart and my soul

I've broken my fingers

And lied through my teeth

The pillary of damage control

I've been to the dge and I've thrown the Bouquet

Of flowers left over the grave

I sat in the waiting room

Wasting my time

And waiting for my judgement day

(oh and he says something about video games that wasnt on the demo)

Well, I call people 'cracker' but I don't find the word offensive at all. I don't care lol it's a joke. And maybe that's what 'nigger' is becoming now. Just another word that people use. Meh, whatever lol

And I'll call my friends 'whore' and 'slut', never meaning it of course. But it seems that everyone says those kinds of things to one another. Only black people call each other "N-----". If a white person were to say it, it would be seen as racist. It's hypocritical.

this may be the greatest album I will ever hear. I love the message I'm getting from it already.

P.S. Thanks Andres.

wait, there's a racial slur in one of the songs?

Hahaha. Yeah, Billie used the N word.

wait, there's a racial slur in one of the songs?

Yup. Mass Hysteria, apparently.

And I'll call my friends 'whore' and 'slut', never meaning it of course. But it seems that everyone says those kinds of things to one another. Only black people call each other "N-----". If a white person were to say it, it would be seen as racist. It's hypocritical.

I agree, I've always thought that... but they apparently see it differently, and until I walk a mile in their shoes, I won't even pretend to understand it lol I'll just keep calling people crackah and go on my merry way :lol:

"because the martyr is a compulsive liar

When he said

"It's just a bunch of niggers throwing gas into the hysteria" "

Ok, the line says that. Just remember that eventhough it is billie the Writer, not always the writer has to be identified as the narrator, and if that was the case, Billie is not saying that. It is a character in the song the one that is stating that.

Nigger in mass hysteria

hell yeah, that was the next step in taking a place in music history like Lennon did

anybody remembers WOMAN IS THE NIGGER OF THE WORLD??

and he sang it in the early 70's

gotta see how people revolt

rappers use it every time, and I think Billie is cool with some of them, so....

it's all bout connections, you see...

are we really gonna dwell on the word "nigger?" It's only going to be offensive as long as everyone makes a big deal out of it. It shouldn't be any more offensive than calling a girl a bitch. Still offensive but not "forbidden". Those words aren't something you can get rid of. You just have to come to terms with it.

I agree, I've always thought that... but they apparently see it differently, and until I walk a mile in their shoes, I won't even pretend to understand it lol I'll just keep calling people crackah and go on my merry way :lol:

Hahaha.

hell yeah, that was the next step in taking a place in music history like Lennon did

anybody remembers WOMAN IS THE NIGGER OF THE WORLD??

and he sang it in the early 70's

gotta see how people revolt

rappers use it every time, and I think Billie is cool with some of them, so....

it's all bout connections, you see...

yeah, rappers love green day...*motherfuckinglilwayne*

oh, I see it, I don't find it really that controversial, he is quoting (I think) what a white man would say when black people would make riots and such

Archived