American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Hurrah for the new heather! Good luck to Mary I am sure she is going to rock it as Smitty in How to succeed in buisness...

I am interested to see this new heather and how she acts and performs the role.

Esper leaving is just.. AWWWW NO :(

I kept saying to myself there might be a chance for me to see the musical, but it's just not going to happen, haha. And now that Esper is leaving.. that's really too bad. I'd love to see the AI musical with all the original cast members. John, Esper, Tony.. Oh well.

Both John and Michael are out again tonight; Van and Declan are on again. Ugh! Just put Chase in and let Van be Will. Heh... Chase is the only Broadway understudy who hasn't be on. Boo...

Ugh, I don't fancy the new Heather at all. At all. I'm so glad I saw the musical on the 9th before all of these changes happened!

Speaking of, OMG, I totally haven't had the chance to tell everyone about my experience seeing the show for the first time! :woot: For the very long and detailed version, please to be checkin' out my personal blog, mallorymaloney.com.

For the mostly condensed version; Oh my fucking God, it was amazing, it was BEYOND amazing. As soon as the curtain came up the tears started, and all throughout the first number the tears just kept streaming down my face because I was so fucking happy.

Happy to actually be there watching in the front row of the mezz, ((AWESOME seats, by the by, highly reccomended to anyone wondering where to sit for their first show ... It seemed so freakin' close and I could see everything going on the whole time,)) Happy because the songs make me happy, happy because the show was just whoa whoa WHOA. I can't even describe it without sounding all dramatic and using all caps, it appears, but that's just how strongly I feel about the show. It was perfect.

Plus, I met five different cast members after the show, and they all signed the oversized American Idiot photo book I bought in the St Jimmy! :D :D :D AAAAARGHHH!

See see see! :dance: Tony, Rebecca, Brian, Leslie, and Van!

pb150013q.jpg

I had to run to catch Tony, as he escaped out the Jucymany door without me noticing --- It was my Dad who spotted him, haha. :D After I caught up with him and waited until all the other girls who had already caught him before me finished getting their pics and autographs, I approached him rather shyly, as he's my favourite cast member, with Rebecca a close second. And for this bit I'll just copy and paste the segment from my blog about meeting him:

'Alright, let's see,' he said, helping me hold the book up and waving a skinny blue marker around. 'This pen isn't permanent, so I'm not sure if ... Does anyone have ...?'

A girl who had just gotten her autograph from him before me spoke up eagerly. 'I have a pen!' she squealed, running over and handing one to him.

'That might work!' He said in a cheerfully doubtful sort of way, but attempted to sign the shiny book's cover, anyway. All it seemed to do was make a bit of an indent in the surface of the book, but before anyone had to do or say anything else, a supporting cast member --- Ben Thompson --- Walked by and silently handed him a Sharpie with a bit of a grin on his face.

'Thank you, Ben!' Tony called after him. 'You saved my life, I owe you one.' He continued, all whilst signing his name with a flourish on the front of my book.

I finally found my voice and decided to use it, although I spoke in not much more than a whisper. 'Thank you so much, Tony ... And that was an amazing performance tonight.'

'Thank you very much!' Tony smiled at me, and I just about melted from the sincere look in his rather gorgeous eyes, while I stuttered something along the lines of 'You're welcome.'

He smiled and started to walk away, then paused, handing me Ben's Sharpie. 'Here, you can have this, sweetheart.'

'Oh, wow, thank you!' I gasped, staring first at the Sharpie, then back at Tony's face, and then back at the Sharpie again, likely with a stupidly adoring look on my own face. He smiled and turned back down the street, while I gazed at the Sharpie for a while longer as if I had just been handed me a handful of precious gems.

And yes, when I met Rebecca she actually COMPLIMENTED MY OUTFIT, oh my fucking God. You guys have no idea how much that meant to be, because I fucking LOVE the kinda stuff she wears onstage and off. And I helped take a photo of her and another fan who was alone and didn't have anyone to take the show, haha! :)

And Leslie couldn't stop talking about how much she loved a badge I got custom made for my outfit --- The one in the picture below that reads 'Hello, my name is: Whatsername'.

badges.jpg

And and and and Van and I talked for awhile and I told him how much I loved his version of Tunny and told him we came from Canada and generally babbled on like a retard the whole time. XD; Oh, but it was so lovely, I feel so blessed to have met them all, as I didn't really expect it would happen.

My only gripe is that I never approached Michael Esper when he was signing autographs! I felt wayyy too intimidated, as he had a police officer close by watching his back the whole time, which was kinda like, 'What the heck?' :blink: So I never met him. I did see him close up, though! His hair's even more awesome than it is onstage, to be perfectly honest. The blue is even more vibrant! :D

Ahh I think I'll end this post here though with some more pictures before I write another four thousand word entry like on my site. :lol:

My outfit:

malloryatsaintjames.jpg

Some of my meetage with the beloved Idiots:

meetingcastmembers1.jpg

meetingcastmembers8.jpg

meetingcastmembers4.jpg

AND YES MY DAD MANAGED TO CATCH LESLIE POINTING AT MY BADGE AND YES I JUST ABOUT SHAT MYSELF WHEN I SAW THE PICTURE AFTERWARD. :woot:

• Like 1

I hope Michael is back on for Will tomorrow. And if John is out, I'm really really hoping to see Chase!

Guest Shangri-La

i have about 10billion AI programs leftover from the Berkeley performances i'd rather give away than throw away. send me a message on facebook if you want one. facebook.com/zoelucette

Mallory, so glad you got to see the musical and had such a fabulous time! Nice photos. Rockin' outfit, by the way, love the patches. :cool:

Mallory, so glad you got to see the musical and had such a fabulous time! Nice photos. Rockin' outfit, by the way, love the patches. :cool:

Thank you so much! I'm still shell shocked I got to see it at all, it was such a wonderful experience. :)

i have about 10billion AI programs leftover from the Berkeley performances i'd rather give away than throw away. send me a message on facebook if you want one. facebook.com/zoelucette

I don't use Facebook, but I would absolutely love one! :o

Ugh, I don't fancy the new Heather at all. At all. I'm so glad I saw the musical on the 9th before all of these changes happened!

Speaking of, OMG, I totally haven't had the chance to tell everyone about my experience seeing the show for the first time! :woot: For the very long and detailed version, please to be checkin' out my personal blog, mallorymaloney.com.

For the mostly condensed version; Oh my fucking God, it was amazing, it was BEYOND amazing. As soon as the curtain came up the tears started, and all throughout the first number the tears just kept streaming down my face because I was so fucking happy.

Happy to actually be there watching in the front row of the mezz, ((AWESOME seats, by the by, highly reccomended to anyone wondering where to sit for their first show ... It seemed so freakin' close and I could see everything going on the whole time,)) Happy because the songs make me happy, happy because the show was just whoa whoa WHOA. I can't even describe it without sounding all dramatic and using all caps, it appears, but that's just how strongly I feel about the show. It was perfect.

Plus, I met five different cast members after the show, and they all signed the oversized American Idiot photo book I bought in the St Jimmy! :D :D :D AAAAARGHHH!

See see see! :dance: Tony, Rebecca, Brian, Leslie, and Van!

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2773/pb150013q.jpg

I had to run to catch Tony, as he escaped out the Jucymany door without me noticing --- It was my Dad who spotted him, haha. :D After I caught up with him and waited until all the other girls who had already caught him before me finished getting their pics and autographs, I approached him rather shyly, as he's my favourite cast member, with Rebecca a close second. And for this bit I'll just copy and paste the segment from my blog about meeting him:

'Alright, let's see,' he said, helping me hold the book up and waving a skinny blue marker around. 'This pen isn't permanent, so I'm not sure if ... Does anyone have ...?'

A girl who had just gotten her autograph from him before me spoke up eagerly. 'I have a pen!' she squealed, running over and handing one to him.

'That might work!' He said in a cheerfully doubtful sort of way, but attempted to sign the shiny book's cover, anyway. All it seemed to do was make a bit of an indent in the surface of the book, but before anyone had to do or say anything else, a supporting cast member --- Ben Thompson --- Walked by and silently handed him a Sharpie with a bit of a grin on his face.

'Thank you, Ben!' Tony called after him. 'You saved my life, I owe you one.' He continued, all whilst signing his name with a flourish on the front of my book.

I finally found my voice and decided to use it, although I spoke in not much more than a whisper. 'Thank you so much, Tony ... And that was an amazing performance tonight.'

'Thank you very much!' Tony smiled at me, and I just about melted from the sincere look in his rather gorgeous eyes, while I stuttered something along the lines of 'You're welcome.'

He smiled and started to walk away, then paused, handing me Ben's Sharpie. 'Here, you can have this, sweetheart.'

'Oh, wow, thank you!' I gasped, staring first at the Sharpie, then back at Tony's face, and then back at the Sharpie again, likely with a stupidly adoring look on my own face. He smiled and turned back down the street, while I gazed at the Sharpie for a while longer as if I had just been handed me a handful of precious gems.

And yes, when I met Rebecca she actually COMPLIMENTED MY OUTFIT, oh my fucking God. You guys have no idea how much that meant to be, because I fucking LOVE the kinda stuff she wears onstage and off. And I helped take a photo of her and another fan who was alone and didn't have anyone to take the show, haha! :)

And Leslie couldn't stop talking about how much she loved a badge I got custom made for my outfit --- The one in the picture below that reads 'Hello, my name is: Whatsername'.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8589/badges.jpg

And and and and Van and I talked for awhile and I told him how much I loved his version of Tunny and told him we came from Canada and generally babbled on like a retard the whole time. XD; Oh, but it was so lovely, I feel so blessed to have met them all, as I didn't really expect it would happen.

My only gripe is that I never approached Michael Esper when he was signing autographs! I felt wayyy too intimidated, as he had a police officer close by watching his back the whole time, which was kinda like, 'What the heck?' :blink: So I never met him. I did see him close up, though! His hair's even more awesome than it is onstage, to be perfectly honest. The blue is even more vibrant! :D

Ahh I think I'll end this post here though with some more pictures before I write another four thousand word entry like on my site. :lol:

My outfit:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8171/malloryatsaintjames.jpg

Some of my meetage with the beloved Idiots:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5890/meetingcastmembers1.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1271/meetingcastmembers8.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9559/meetingcastmembers4.jpg

AND YES MY DAD MANAGED TO CATCH LESLIE POINTING AT MY BADGE AND YES I JUST ABOUT SHAT MYSELF WHEN I SAW THE PICTURE AFTERWARD. :woot:

That is an AWESOME story! And you got to meet Tony! I want to meet Tony so bad. He's the only one I haven't met yet. Which door did he come out of? The glass one? And how long did you wait until he came out? I can't wait to see it in January. I'm seeing it front row center thanks to the Idiot Club

I loved your story of seeing the musical, Mallory! :happy: So great you met Tony, OMG! And that outfit you wore looks great, the Whatsername badge is pretty cool!

Corbin is on as Whatshername for both shows today - 11/20/10. :)

Van is Johnny for both shows as well as Declan is Will for the matinee. Apsen is Alysha and Omar is Declan.

This is Declan!Will for those curious: LINK

ETA: Here's Jeanna and Alysha singing "Take or Leave Me" from 'Rent':

You got a message :happy:

BREAKING NEWS

JOSH KOBAK IS LEAVING AMERICAN IDIOT

POSTED ON HIS FACEBOOK

I've joined the cast of SPIDERMAN! My last performance at AMERICAN IDIOT will be 12/12 (tho I may not be on) until then... I'm rehearsing when not at AI... Gonna miss the Rage n Love, but gonna love flying again!

MY THOUGHTS

Hopefully Tony will let Josh Play ST Jimmy On His Last Day

Guest Shangri-La

I don't use Facebook, but I would absolutely love one! :o

Hey, unless you want your address on here for the world to see send me an email: eoztnegras@hotmail.com - i can't see my gdc messages on my phone!

Glad we have tickets for the 12th. Hopefully it will be the full original cast one last time.

Well, technically, the full original Broadway cast last performed together in April. ^^;; After that, there's been sickness (Mary), injury (Chase, Declan, Ben, Theo), and replacements (Sean, Wallace, Corbin, Sydney). However, usually for someone's last, everyone tries to be there. Unfortunately for Kobak, he's a swing and doesn't have a say on whether or not he goes on. Maybe he'll go on for the matinee, though. For Brian's last day in "Spring Awakening," Gerard called out for the matinee, allowing Brian to go on for Moritz for his last time.

Mallory, your outfit is very cool, first of all.

Also, that's so awesome you got to meet them and that Rebecca complimented you. And that you liked the musical so much. :D

Just a reminder about the show schedule this coming week.

They'll have their regular Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday shows, but they will have a Monday 8pm show instead of a Wednesday show.

You guys, I just found out how old Tony is and I'm fucking shocked. I thought he was around my age like John is. And OMG, I can't believe Rebecca's that old, either --- I thought she was YOUNGER than me! :o They are all so eternally young looking! :wub:

That is an AWESOME story! And you got to meet Tony! I want to meet Tony so bad. He's the only one I haven't met yet. Which door did he come out of? The glass one? And how long did you wait until he came out? I can't wait to see it in January. I'm seeing it front row center thanks to the Idiot Club

Thank you! And he came out of the door with the little red awning over it that says 'Jujamcyn Theatres' over it. =3; I hope you get a chance to meet Tony as well!

I loved your story of seeing the musical, Mallory! :happy: So great you met Tony, OMG! And that outfit you wore looks great, the Whatsername badge is pretty cool!

Thank you so much, Kat'! :D:D:D It all feel just like a silly dream now, I can hardly believe it happened. I hate when memories fade like that and become so faded around the edges ... :(

Hey, unless you want your address on here for the world to see send me an email: eoztnegras@hotmail.com - i can't see my gdc messages on my phone!

Done and done and thank you son!

Mallory, your outfit is very cool, first of all.

Also, that's so awesome you got to meet them and that Rebecca complimented you. And that you liked the musical so much. :D

Aww, thank you, babe. I appreciate it so much. And man, I wish I could go and see it again straight away, but I'm 99.9% sure that that one time is the only time I shall see it, unless something totally insane happens, so I shall just have to make do with this one time. :happy: I'm cool with that, though! I'm grateful I got to see it at all, to be perfectly honest.

You guys, I just found out how old Tony is and I'm fucking shocked. I thought he was around my age like John is. And OMG, I can't believe Rebecca's that old, either --- I thought she was YOUNGER than me! :o They are all so eternally young looking! :wub:

LOL. Yeah. They vary in age. I'm pretty sure that Gerard's the youngest and Tony's the oldest. The one that surprised me the most with his age is Stark. Heh... :rolleyes:

You know this is a great show and all but I really don't understand how people have seen it like 10, 20 times...

and spent the money on it that many times.....

You know this is a great show and all but I really don't understand how people have seen it like 10, 20 times...

and spent the money on it that many times.....

Why do you insist on stepping on everyone's toes in EVERY thread you post in? People like it, they want to see it again. They have the money. It's not that hard of a concept to fathom.

• Like 3