American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

i know the feeling... except i'm going 4 days after it closes. :cry:

Awww Im so sorry :cry:

Why should they close it just before the summer!?! :cry: People are going to New York in summer!!!

Awww Im so sorry :cry:

Why should they close it just before the summer!?! :cry: People are going to New York in summer!!!

exactly what i thought! i don't understand why they would close it before the summer, when people can ACTUALLY go for longer than a weekend. and on easter weekend nonetheless...

rent is coming back 2 years after it closed on broadway

american idiot can to you never know

the show is not ending forever

just on broadway

we still have the tour and hopefully a dvd or movie

Rent also played for 12 years in numerous countries. Rent is a brand, that's why they could move it off-Broadway. Who knows, maybe New World Stages will become a safe haven for rock musicals that closed on Broadway!

exactly what i thought! i don't understand why they would close it before the summer, when people can ACTUALLY go for longer than a weekend. and on easter weekend nonetheless...

Yeah it seems so stupid! Im so pissed right now. And sad

ManthonyChatt, fine if that's your opinion. But this is the thread about the musical. You're going to have more people pro-musical and anti-musical in here. By a longshot.

And just because the cast are unknown to you, a good number of them are well-known to others. They're talented actors & actresses and they bring passion & energy to that stage every time, even when they're dead exhausted. With the show closing, pretty much everyone goes unemployed. Why wish that on anyone? I'm glad that they would at least reached their one year mark.

It has been a labor of love for many of them, some have been with the project for as much as 3 years. It's difficult to let something go like that.

So, don't knock them down.

ETA: Libby's tweet: "You made me believe in God." - Billie Joe Armstrong"

• Like 3

umm...their millions of subscribers?

Bully for them. I hate Opie and Anthony personally, lol. Like I said, me and 1/2 the people in this thread have seen and love the show. And guess what? Bway SHOWS CLOSE. It's a fact of nature. Its been around for a year! Some shows close after a week and some, like Spider-man, cant even get off the ground (pun intended, lol). I really don't understand why you would come and post that on this thread today. Really. Thanks for that on a bad day! Much appreciated!

Anyway, to continue, yay! Aspen is going on tonight, too! That's awesome! Can't wait to see it tonight.

And yes on Joshua Henry closing the show, too. YES! YES! YES!!

Bully for them. I hate Opie and Anthony personally, lol. Like I said, me and 1/2 the people in this thread have seen and love the show. And guess what? Bway SHOWS CLOSE. It's a fact of nature. Its been around for a year! Some shows close after a week and some, like Spider-man, cant even get off the ground (pun intended, lol). I really don't understand why you would come and post that on this thread today. Really. Thanks for that on a bad day! Much appreciated!

Anyway, to continue, yay! Aspen is going on tonight, too! That's awesome! Can't wait to see it tonight.

And yes on Joshua Henry closing the show, too. YES! YES! YES!!

oh my god get a fucking life. seriously? its a "bad day" because a shows closing? i can and will post whatever the fuck i want

fuck it. now i remember why i left this bullshit in the first place

But... The show closes on April 24th...

:think again.....

I just saw that, literally, I've just bought them a few weeks ago...

And on the AI website it even says performance times for that night.

But now nowhere says it's on that day.

We've paid and everything. :/

oh my god get a fucking life. seriously? its a "bad day" because a shows closing? i can and will post whatever the fuck i want

Yep, bad day, my friend. And I do have a life. A lovely one. Don't be pissed. I'm sorry. But really, why would you even post that today?

when you actually go though to buy tickets, there's no options to select any after 7:30 on April 24th, so they just haven't updated the site calender yet.

fucking blows.

Is there any way you can change the time your here? You may be able get your tickets changed. That is possible.

many people spent a lot of time in this thread discussing the musical and cast and making new friends as well as meeting amazing people at the actual showings. so just because you weren't that invested in it, doesn't make it any less important.

stop being sour.

Yep, bad day, my friend. And I do have a life. A lovely one. Don't be pissed. I'm sorry. But really, why would you even post that today?

what do you care??!! its not the end of the world. you still have the band. your speaking of today like its 9/11

many people spent a lot of time in this thread discussing the musical and cast and making new friends as well as meeting amazing people at the actual showings. so just because you weren't that invested in it, doesn't make it any less important.

stop being sour.

Your 19 years old spending your days on a computer making friends you'll never interact with in the world. sorry to be "sour" but there is a reality out there. you people take liking a band to an unnecessary level

What about the awesomeasfuck.net contest now? Didn't they say the winner had to pick a time during april or may?

I guess it's not that big of a difference though.

when you actually go though to buy tickets, there's no options to select any after 7:30 on April 24th, so they just haven't updated the site calender yet. fucking blows.

I just noticed D: I'm sat here in floods of tears :lol:

Is there any way you can change the time your here? You may be able get your tickets changed. That is possible.

Well I get to NY on the 22nd, so could still go before it closes.

I just got my Mum to ring up the people who we booked it with and they said they'd call back tomorrow.

But what if by that time they say I can't change the date and they end up selling out?

I feel sick.

This is sad =/ I'm glad i got to see it twice, and i feel bad for those who haven't had the chance.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm lucky enough I got to see it four times and I just feel so bad for everybody who never seen it at all. =/

I wish I could go see the closing show but, I'm really lacking in the money department right now.

Maybe I'll get lucky but, I doubt it.

In a way, I kinda got my ~closing show on the 27th so, it's all good I guess.

This show has given me the best memories and I'll treasure them forever.

So I guess, in a sense, me not going is probably giving another person who never seen the show a chance to see it.

Yeah...I'll stop now. I think I'm rambling.

• Like 1

what do you care??!! its not the end of the world. you still have the band. your speaking of today like its 9/11

Your 19 years old spending your days on a computer making friends you'll never interact with in the world. sorry to be "sour" but there is a reality out there. you people take liking a band to an unnecessary level

seriously gtfo if you're gonna be like that! Thats not how we behave on GDC

i'm not the one picking fights with people on a forum.

i do get out and interact with the world, as does everyone on here. we're not constantly cooped up inside posting on here - but when something happens, we discuss it. so how about YOU face the reality out there, and stop being a little prat spouting shit to everyone.

ETA: Libby's tweet: "You made me believe in God." - Billie Joe Armstrong"

:happy:

Although, I'm not sure if I'm slow today or what, but I'd love some context to understand better that quote or how it came to.

I just noticed D: I'm sat here in floods of tears :

But what if by that time they say I can't change the date and they end up selling out?

I feel sick.

Don't get sad until you hear back. Hopefully there will be good news!

Oh fuck off. I met my girlfriend on this website, and I've been to visit her on the other side of the world multiple times. Not to mention all the friends I've made who I've interacted with in the "real world" on several occasions as well. You think your opinion means anything to anyone here, or that you're even right?

It's probably because most of us here hate assholes.

• Like 4