American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Well said. The truth is that of the entire batch of musicals that opened last April, the only one that's still going is.....American Idiot. If that's not enough to piss off the haters I don't know what is. It'll close when it closes. In the meantime, I'll say this: any respectable Green Day fan needs to go see this musical if they have a reasonable/realistic opportunity to do so that won't bust the budget. It will change the way you look at the albums that it's been built on.

Bravo...I agree and well said!!!! I am trying to get to NYC in April. I can't wait to see it again if I am so lucky and I am making my 60 something parents meet me there to see it! Can't wait :banana:

I'm seeing the musical on April 9th as part of a school trip :woot:

Really, really hoping for the small chance that it might be extended again.

Do you guys think that ANYONE from the cast or swing will tour with the show?

I don't want to be without Alysha or Gerard :(

I'm seeing the musical on April 9th as part of a school trip :woot:

Really, really hoping for the small chance that it might be extended again.

Damn, I want school trips like that!

Do you guys think that ANYONE from the cast or swing will tour with the show?

I don't want to be without Alysha or Gerard :(

I guess it's possible...but I don't think it happens too often. I plan on seeing the touring version when it comes close to me and wow will it be weird to have every character played by someone other than who I am used to. :lol: Ah, well, change is good, right?

Damn, I want school trips like that!

If I could, I'd take all the GDC'ers who haven't seen it yet and keep them as stowaways in my bag :ninja:

If I could, I'd take all the GDC'ers who haven't seen it yet and keep them as stowaways in my bag :ninja:

Sounds like a plan. :ninja:

I wish I could just buy plane tickets and AI musical tickets right now and just go. Oh well. Great there will be a national tour! An international one would be even more great..

Out of curiosity: how long do tours run for, approximately?

They don't combine touring and Broadway sales, so touring would actually decrease the number of people who would go to New York to see it.

No, I know. I'm just talking about the overall amount of people who will go to see the show.

I see a lot of touring shows after having seen them on Broadway. And yes it is different, but usually the actors chosen are still fabulous. Don't know if they'd actually be chosen to play on Broadway, but they are certainly the next best thing.

Whomever plays whatever roles in AI, I'm sure will be outstanding and I'm looking forward to seeing it over and over again (hopefully both in Chicago and Milwaukee).

So when it tours, is it going to be an all different cast for sure, or is it possible that some of the original cast members will be on the tour? It won't make a big difference for me if I see it because I've never seen it before, but just wondering.

It's sad, but kinda inevitable, Though, I think maybe the show has lost appeal due to the fact that Johnny and Esper had left to

I don't know

I feel bad for the show i really do :(

I think the show probably took a bigger hit than 'normal' because Johnny and Michael left at the same time. If they had staggered their departures, I think the show would be doing 'better'...not that it's bad right now, at all.

Do they have the original costs/investments out yet? ('scuse the awkward phrasing)

Do they have the original costs/investments out yet? ('scuse the awkward phrasing)

I remember hearing they were down about 9 million (dunno how credible that is) before Billie's run this year, so if that was right I don't think they would've yet.

Apparently, the role has been cast... Announcement should come out soon. #chaseshrug

Speaking of Chase, he'll be on for Johnny until Saturday; Van's apparently hurt. Chase could be on for less or more but that's the word right now.

During the second night of St. Jimmy, I had a chat with the lotto girl and she said that there was talk/they were interested in getting Pink to come in and take over the role for a bit, but she didn't know the status of that being in effect or not.

Speaking of Chase, he'll be on for Johnny until Saturday; Van's apparently hurt. Chase could be on for less or more but that's the word right now.

wow one week in and Van is hurt...that's bad luck

i don't think JGJ Ever got hurt in his run

During the second night of St. Jimmy, I had a chat with the lotto girl and she said that there was talk/they were interested in getting Pink to come in and take over the role for a bit, but she didn't know the status of that being in effect or not.

OMFG YES PLEASE.

wow one week in and Van is hurt...that's bad luck

i don't think JGJ Ever got hurt in his run

well, Johnny was hurt a few times (i.e. punching himself in the face? :lol: ) but it wasn't serious enough to get him out of the show...:unsure:

Johnny knocked himself around a lot. He did get a neck thing in Berkeley.