American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I decided to ask him for a picture. Theo proceeded to roll his eyes and say "Ughhhh, oh no!!" like I was interfering with his schedule. It was actually rather embarrassing in front of my idol of 17 years. Billie shot Theo a look and then looked back at me and kind of didn't know what to say since Theo made the moment so awkward. So I responded back "It will only take a minute, trust me" and I got my damned picture. Theo the moment killer.

Once again... talented actor, but huge douchebag.

that's unfortunate. but it sounds like BJA was as gracious as he could be in an awkward moment. i hope you can hold on to the good moment and forget about the eye roll/comment. Theo's loss....he could have gained a huge fan and supporter in that moment. Perhaps Theo will learn a thing or two from BJA's graciousness with fans.

Yeah, kind of seems like Theo's douche-ness really only shows itself when he is with Billie or Billie is about ... maybe he's showing off a bit. XD

St Melissa talks a bit about being St. Jimmy...

Melissa on St Jimmy

thanks for that. seems like she has an indirect connection to the show via her girlfriend. maybe kevin bacon will play st. jimmy next.

thanks for that. seems like she has an indirect connection to the show via her girlfriend. maybe kevin bacon will play st. jimmy next.

Good God Abbey that's hilarious. I think you might be on to something. Personally I'd prefer Shirley Manson from Garbage if Joan Jett was not available. Shirley is a badass rocker woman. I'm open to seeing how it goes with Melissa though it seems odd that the article said she hadn't talked to Michael or Billie yet if I read that right.

I really dont like the fact that Melissa is going to be playing St. Jimmy...it just doesn't seem right. If Jimmy is supposed to be the alter ego or dark side of Johnny, then shouldn't he be a guy?

I don't know. I just don't think a woman should be playing that part, women don't come across as tough like St. J should.

I know this question was pretty much answered yesterday but: It's not just the St. James that doesn't allow photography/video during the show but Actor's Equity. It violates their contract and you could cause an injury due to flash. Plus, the cast has no idea where those pictures/videos go so...

This isn't a concert; this is a Broadway show. (I sound like a broken record. Sorry.)

Does Esper still not know when he's leaving? I really hope I get to see him ONCE before he leaves for the play.

Went and saw the show tonight in par view seats - was awesome, as always!! I sat next to an older couple, and it always makes me smile when you see such diverse fans, y'know? The guy next to me put earplugs in before the show, lol, and then every time Billie or Van (Van was on for Will) would sing, he'd push them in a little further or adjust them.

BJ was Rick James again, haha, and there was really nothing out of the ordinary. Until Good Riddance - right before it started, Billie kinda stopped the others because he couldn't find his guitar pick. He asked if anyone in the audience had one, and someone did, so he took it and used it. Then right in the middle of singing the first few lines, he stops, and says, ''Oh, Happy Birthday Ben!'

After the show, there was a huge crowd near the stage doors, and I figured I'd take a chance and wait by the glass ones instead in case he decided to sneak out that way again. John Gallagher came out - after a theater worker made sure the coast was clear - and then the same guy came and told us (there were three or four of us standing there) that Billie would be coming out the stage doors because when he snuck out the other night, he got in trouble... :unsure:

I have to say this, too, because I think this every time. It's such a small part of the show, but during JOS and the I Don't Care part - I just LOVE the choreography during that part. Don't know what it is about it, but it's great. :)

• Like 1

Who would Billie get in trouble with? Michael Mayer seemed amused by the fact that Billie went out the glass doors on Wednesday. Guess Russ meant that Billie got in trouble with the fans. Heh... :shifty:

I love that Billie points out that little things like birthdays and debuts that would usually go unnoticed. :wub:

God, i love the musical. Even though i didnt have the chance to go and see them, the performances ive seen on youtube are just amazing.

The Cast Recording cd is fantastic as well.

St Billie! :woot:

If I was to unleash a self destructive, drug pushing, manic alter-ego, it would not come in the form of a middle aged woman who plays acoustic guitar.

I'm sorry, I do like Etheridge's music and the woman herself, but I can't see past this being a stunt to boost ratings. Call me cynical, and I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm yet to discover the logic behind why this is a good move.

LOL I think you missed some vital points in my quote there. But anyway, Billie playing St. Jimmy the first time around was quite possibly in order to boost ticket sales (mission accomplished). Who knows how Melissa was cast. Maybe she expressed interest in the show... and her run is just for one week, so I, for one, and going to remain intrigued as opposed to put off by the decision.

Who would Billie get in trouble with? Michael Mayer seemed amused by the fact that Billie went out the glass doors on Wednesday. Guess Russ meant that Billie got in trouble with the fans. Heh... :shifty:

I love that Billie points out that little things like birthdays and debuts that would usually go unnoticed. :wub:

Yeah, I'm not sure who he would get in trouble with, but just the way Russ said it (thanks for putting a name to the face!), it sounded serious, lol. Here's a video of Good Riddance :happy:

So I have someone who wants to go, and it's his first time so he'll probably want decent seats. but I was just gonna get partial views cause that's all and I can afford, and when me and Jill were gonna go, we already saw it so we're getting partial views. and the other time i'm going, i'm not paying for it because it's a gift.

but now how am i supposed to afford this? i don't wanna not sit together, lol.

stupid expensive tickets :(

Here's a video of Good Riddance :happy:

is that Van? he makes a cute Will :)

So I have someone who wants to go, and it's his first time so he'll probably want decent seats. but I was just gonna get partial views cause that's all and I can afford, and when me and Jill were gonna go, we already saw it so we're getting partial views. and the other time i'm going, i'm not paying for it because it's a gift.

but now how am i supposed to afford this? i don't wanna not sit together, lol.

stupid expensive tickets :(

is that Van? he makes a cute Will :)

It is him, and yep he does. :) Did you try Broadwaybox.com? I think I was on there the other day and there were some discouted tix - but it depends when you go.

It is him, and yep he does. :) Did you try Broadwaybox.com? I think I was on there the other day and there were some discouted tix - but it depends when you go.

Wow, they have some great deals. but of course, I need to go on a Saturday when Billie's there, and of course, there's no offers. and they raised the prices or something, because I got balconies in July for $49 each!

I guess I'd choose partial view on the left side of the orchestra than balcony, because in the balcony, you can't see anything that happens high up.

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing him at the Foxboro Hottubs show at Bowery. The entire time he was so damned concerned with trying to get on the stage so he could be apart of a show that had nothing to do with him. The only way to get on stage was either to crowd surf or go around to the left side and push your way up, which was difficult since it was a crowd of people. I was standing on the left side in the front row and he literally shoved me into my friend so he could get to the side of the stage. Not just squeezed through-- physically took his hands and put them on my shoulder and shoved me, causing us both to fall on the floor. My friend screamed "What the $#@&*?!?!" and he goes, "Oh.... sorry" in a sarcastic tone. Idiot.

Yea, he was crazed at the Bowery to get onstage. The only thing I can say about that is the event was supposed to be more of a semi-private party with the cast and fans, and it was so crowded in there that he took the party with the cast thing a little too far. Plus, he and John (and everyone else) were a little fucked up that night. But I was happy when BJ told them to get the fuck off of his stage, haha. That was a brilliant moment. Don't get me wrong, it was great for a while, but they just didn't know when to get the fuck off of BJ's stage.

Sorry about the picture thing. Glad BJ did that. He does realize who pays his mortgage, for sure!

• Like 1

My friend landed in New York today and she just texted me a minute ago saying that she can see the St. James theatre from her hotel window...and they're not even going to the show!?! *whycan'twednesdayhappenrightnow*

So, I'm pretty sure this question has been asked time and time again, but I have yet to get a clear answer from peeking around but...How exactly does lotto work? I'm seeing if I can try for lotto on the 5th, but I'm not 100% sure on how the system works. Thank you, sorry for being repetitive. =/

My friend landed in New York today and she just texted me a minute ago saying that she can see the St. James theatre from her hotel window...and they're not even going to the show!?! *whycan'twednesdayhappenrightnow*

At least Wednesday is happening for you! Although I don't blame you for being impatient..I can't even imagine how your feeling right now.

The Aer Lingus strike gonna affect you at all?

So, I'm pretty sure this question has been asked time and time again, but I have yet to get a clear answer from peeking around but...How exactly does lotto work? I'm seeing if I can try for lotto on the 5th, but I'm not 100% sure on how the system works. Thank you, sorry for being repetitive. =/

- Arrive between two hours and one & a half hours before curtain.

- Put your name in the bucket that they have set-up outside the theater or in the box office lobby. Indicate if you want one or two seats.

- One & a half hours before curtain they'll select the lottery winners, which ranges between 19 to 25 seats. The lottery seats are in the first two rows of the orchestra, including the first two side orchestra seats on both sides of the theater.

- Each ticket is $27. It's cash only. It's only good for that performance (aka you can't use it for any other performance).

Official explanation:

11rrfyd.png

THERE IS CAPSLOCK EXCITEMENT FROM JOHNNY GALLAGHER.

And on another note, there's talk of this new guy joining the cast. He was in the Legally Blonde tour?