Help get Heart Like A Hand Grenade released

KerplunkxCreak

What in the world is 'Svengali', and why is there a five hour video about it ...? =O

Svengali is John's web-series. You can watch it here. There are 5 episodes, each of them divided in two parts of 20 minutes (aprox), except the last one that is divided in four parts xD It has absolutely nothing to do with Green Day xD

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is worth :wub:

(my attention fails for any video that requires more than 2 minutes, but I managed to do it if I had something to eat xDDDD you can rip it with real player :shifty: it's a nice thing to watch in the morning when there's nothing on TV))

to quit the spam, no news on this, right?

Haha okay (:

(well okay xD But it's kind of like, not something I want my parents to catch me watching :lol: And I guess I'll just rip it then and stick it on my iPod. Ideal occasion to watch it).

Yeah, not that I know of. After the 'it's out soon''s I haven't heard anything. (although I don't follow John's facebook too religiously)

Svengali is John's web-series. You can watch it here. There are 5 episodes, each of them divided in two parts of 20 minutes (aprox), except the last one that is divided in four parts xD It has absolutely nothing to do with Green Day xD

Ohhh, I get it now!

Okay, which brings me to another question. Not bashing anyone here, just curious, buuuuuut ... Why does everyone like John Roecker so much? I get that he's the one completely behind HLAHG and everything, but other than that, what does he have to do with Green Day ...? What's his connection with them ...?

And, again, why is everyone so in love with the dude?! :lol:

And also ... This might come off as a bit bitchy, but I've heard from quite a few different people that Roecker's some kind of sexual deviant who constantly has sex with his young female 'fans', but I dunno.

Now that I actually wrote it out, it sounds a bit ridiculous, but I've always steered clear of the dude because he gives off this seriously creepazoid vibe. :ermm:

Ohhh, I get it now!

Okay, which brings me to another question. Not bashing anyone here, just curious, buuuuuut ... Why does everyone like John Roecker so much? I get that he's the one completely behind HLAHG and everything, but other than that, what does he have to do with Green Day ...? What's his connection with them ...?

And also ... This might come off as a bit bitchy, but I've heard from quite a few different people that Roecker's some kind of sexual deviant who constantly has sex with his young female 'fans', but I dunno.

Now that I actually wrote it out, it sounds a bit ridiculous, but I've always steered clear of the dude because he gives off this seriously creepazoid vibe. :ermm:

He's good friends with them.

And..idk....he's funny. Not always exactly my type of humour and general being (that sounds bitchy, but idk how to formulate it differently), a bit creepy at times, but sometimes he can be quite awesome.

I know exactly what you mean, though.

to be honest i never got his whole lifestyle thing.....its just creepy ect. but i follow him on facebook and what he did with hlahg ( well i think its cool) and disease is punishment and live freaky die freaky...it is a little creep too but hella awesome :)

*likes the subliminal messages in disease is punishment* ^^

to be honest i never got his whole lifestyle thing.....its just creepy ect. but i follow him on facebook and what he did with hlahg ( well i think its cool) and disease is punishment and live freaky die freaky...it is a little creep too but hella awesome :)

What are the subliminal messages in DIP? I never found them.....

or I just can't remember them. I think I've only watched it once ><

What are the subliminal messages in DIP? I never found them.....

or I just can't remember them. I think I've only watched it once ><

nah not really subliminal messages more like that whole cruzifixes in water, wrestling women and bloody cut off fingers :lol:

so creepy that its funny again......just the whole Lushotology thing :lol:

nah not really subliminal messages more like that whole cruzifixes in water, wrestling women and bloody cut off fingers :lol:

so creepy that its funny again......just the whole Lushotology thing :lol:

I can't remember that...just a general memory of some gross pictures and sexual ... stuff happening (and right at the worst part my dad decided to walk into the room. :mellow:)

I found it a bit much at moments.

I can't remember that...just a general memory of some gross pictures and sexual ... stuff happening (and right at the worst part my dad decided to walk into the room. :mellow:)

I found it a bit much at moments.

exactly same happened with my mom..........ans she was like omg thats so gross whats that ? and i was like i have no idea either XD i was only like 13 XD and my mom ordered it for me on ebay.....since its only 16+ actzually XD

exactly same happened with my mom..........ans she was like omg thats so gross whats that ? and i was like i have no idea either XD i was only like 13 XD and my mom ordered it for me on ebay.....since its only 16+ actzually XD

Haha :lol: I just pauzed it (it pauzed at quite an awkward point too but at least a pauzed television doesn't pull any attention). Haha :lol:

It's 16+? I didn't know that...doesn't say it on the DVD either.

...John Roecker is gay. Like, really gay. Where the fuck did you hear that?

Ohhh, I get it now!

He made Disease Is Punishment and Live Freaky, Die Freaky (which starred Billie Joe) and his alter-ego Dr. Svengali was The Network's manager.

And yeah, he's gay.

Ohhh, I get it now!

Is it bad that my blood's boiling over reading that (the bold part)? I'm not even going to bother with that... As the old expression goes 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'. Actually, I will say one thing. While he does like to make a decent amount of sexual jokes and whatnot (and who doesn't?), he's a good guy. He cares a lot about his fans/friends, trust me. I know, I've seen how much he cares about some of my friends who are friends with John.

And the reason why some of us like John so much is just because he's an amazing director. To me, he's a creative genius with some good shock value material. He's damn good at the stuff he comes up with. If you were to watch Svengali - In Color!, Live Freaky! Die Freaky!, or any of his other projects, I think you would get what I mean.

He's not just 'the guy who worked with Green Day'. Is that what a lot of people recognize him for? Yes. But there's more to him then that. And I find it sad and somewhat irritable that people can't seem to disassociate John with Green Day. He's done projects with them, but not all his work involves stuff from them. Svengali is, by far, my favorite thing that John's come up with, and other than an Omega 3000 reference, it has nothing to do with Green Day or The Network.

Haha :lol: I just pauzed it (it pauzed at quite an awkward point too but at least a pauzed television doesn't pull any attention). Haha :lol:

It's 16+? I didn't know that...doesn't say it on the DVD either.

on my dvd it says and my mom was wondering why i wanna buy it back then and i told her and she was just wondering....i also have the special money money 2020 version withe the dvd with teh music videos ans i watched it and the same happened again :lol:

He's good friends with them.

And..idk....he's funny. Not always exactly my type of humour and general being (that sounds bitchy, but idk how to formulate it differently), a bit creepy at times, but sometimes he can be quite awesome.

I know exactly what you mean, though.

Ahhh, no worries, I totally get what you mean. :)

S'all good! I guess he just comes off as weird to me because I've heard more creepy rumours about him than anything else, haha.

...John Roecker is gay. Like, really gay. Where the fuck did you hear that?

Whoa, really? Like I said, I know nothing about him other than the fact he's worked with Green Day ... And that there's a shitload of freaky rumours going around about him.

He made Disease Is Punishment and Live Freaky, Die Freaky (which starred Billie Joe) and his alter-ego Dr. Svengali was The Network's manager.

And yeah, he's gay.

Totally didn't know any of that shit. I guess I'm more focused on Green Day's actual music and projects than what, exactly, goes on behind it all, haha.

Is it bad that my blood's boiling over reading that (the bold part)? I'm not even going to bother with that... As the old expression goes 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'. Actually, I will say one thing. While he does like to make a decent amount of sexual jokes and whatnot (and who doesn't?), he's a good guy. He cares a lot about his fans/friends, trust me. I know, I've seen how much he cares about some of my friends who are friends with John.

And the reason why some of us like John so much is just because he's an amazing director. To me, he's a creative genius with some good shock value material. He's damn good at the stuff he comes up with. If you were to watch Svengali - In Color!, Live Freaky! Die Freaky!, or any of his other projects, I think you would get what I mean.

He's not just 'the guy who worked with Green Day'. Is that what a lot of people recognize him for? Yes. But there's more to him then that. And I find it sad and somewhat irritable that people can't seem to disassociate John with Green Day. He's done projects with them, but not all his work involves stuff from them. Svengali is, by far, my favorite thing that John's come up with, and other than an Omega 3000 reference, it has nothing to do with Green Day or The Network.

Opinions: Humans have them.

Rumours: Humans fall for them.

Mistakes: Humans make them.

Conclusion: We're all human here.

No need to take offence, and no need to hold your ((virtual)) tongue, either! :)

Like I said above, I know nothing about him ... Other than the fact he's worked with Green Day. I'm sorry if that offends you, as a fan of his who didn't learn about him through Green Day, but look at it from my point of view: If he hadn't worked with them I would literally have zero idea who he is, instead of knowing he made HLAHG and having this vague idea that he's some kinda sexual deviant, haha.

I remember reading something on this very forum --- Maybe it was some kind of inside joke, I dunno --- And him and some girl who's a big Tré Cool fan were going out, or they were friends with benefits, or they had some kind of wacky threesome, or he took advantage of her, or something like that. Or several of those things.

Yeah, I know, a wide spectrum of possibilities, but it was a few years ago, and my memory of what, exactly, was said is pretty blurry. I just remember raising my eyebrow a bit and wondering WTF was being said, haha ... And ever since then, I've been a bit wary of the dude. :ermm:

Opinions: Humans have them.

Rumours: Humans fall for them.

Mistakes: Humans make them.

Conclusion: We're all human here.

No need to take offence, and no need to hold your ((virtual)) tongue, either! :)

Like I said above, I know nothing about him ... Other than the fact he's worked with Green Day. I'm sorry if that offends you, as a fan of his who didn't learn about him through Green Day, but look at it from my point of view: If he hadn't worked with them I would literally have zero idea who he is, instead of knowing he made HLAHG and having this vague idea that he's some kinda sexual deviant, haha.

I remember reading something on this very forum --- Maybe it was some kind of inside joke, I dunno --- And him and some girl who's a big Tré Cool fan were going out, or they were friends with benefits, or they had some kind of wacky threesome, or he took advantage of her, or something like that. Or several of those things.

Yeah, I know, a wide spectrum of possibilities, but it was a few years ago, and my memory of what, exactly, was said is pretty blurry. I just remember raising my eyebrow a bit and wondering WTF was being said, haha ... And ever since then, I've been a bit wary of the dude. :ermm:

Yeah, I'm sure it was an inside joke. :) I'm pretty sure I know the girl you're talking about, she's a friend of John's and she's a really cool person. That's just how John is, he loves to joke around. He would never do anything like that. I can understand how you would feel though, not knowing much about him.

And it's not that I was offended that you found out about him through Green Day, because I did as well, through Live Freaky! Die Freaky!. I wasn't directing my comment about getting irritated about people who can't differentiate John from Green Day at you, it was just a general statement. :)

If you "know nothing about him", why are you being so quick to judge and believe some things you heard?

I just wanted to say that I agree with Angela, and found the bolded part offensive,

because I've known John for awhlie, and he's one of the sweetest and kindest people ever.

Anyways, I'm trying not to sound too angry or mean, but just get to know the guy before you make statements like that. :)

Yeah, I'm sure it was an inside joke. :) I'm pretty sure I know the girl you're talking about, she's a friend of John's and she's a really cool person. That's just how John is, he loves to joke around. He would never do anything like that. I can understand how you would feel though, not knowing much about him.

And it's not that I was offended that you found out about him through Green Day, because I did as well, through Live Freaky! Die Freaky!. I wasn't directing my comment about getting irritated about people who can't differentiate John from Green Day at you, it was just a general statement. :)

Ah, I see. That's one of the reasons I hate inside jokes, haha. Outsiders can totally take them the wrong way and form bad opinions based purely on something that's supposed to be humour. =/

Oh, and my bad. I figured you knew of John before his Green Day projects. Doesn't matter how you became a fan, though. It's all good!

If you "know nothing about him", why are you being so quick to judge and believe some things you heard?

I just wanted to say that I agree with Angela, and found the bolded part offensive,

because I've known John for awhlie, and he's one of the sweetest and kindest people ever.

Anyways, I'm trying not to sound too angry or mean, but just get to know the guy before you make statements like that. :)

Well, I still don't know much about John, but now my previous 'I'm staying far away from THIS guy' feelings are turning into a, 'Hey, this guy doesn't sound so bad' kinda vibe ... And yet, this is just from things I've heard in the last few hours, right on this thread. Sure, you guys say you know him pretty well, but so did the people who essentially gave me the heebie jeebies about John to begin with! :pinch:

Like I said before, humans fall for rumours, most of the time because we don't know they're rumours ... And even worse, rumours can become bigger and more 'important' than the person they're about. With these rumours ((And inside jokes?)) About John, they were everywhere I looked for awhile, so it's only natural that I'd assume they're true. Also, us humans are pretty Goddamn judgemental no matter how hard we try to pretend we aren't, so yeah. x_X;

I'm not saying what I did was right, though ... More like I didn't know any better. Or I was just, well, being a human. Surely you've made a similar mistake in the past! :)

But yessum, I don't mean to sound angry or mean, either. I'm actually glad you guys set me straight, otherwise I'd still be dealing with a 'Errmmm ...' sorta feeling whenever I heard his name being mentioned!

So he's definitely a good guy then? Nothing to be freaked out over than his love of super dirt-ay jokes and visuals ...?

John really is a sweetheart. He's filthy-minded and filthy-mouthed, but he's so nice.

I'm gonna close this, I don't really like where the conversation has turned. When we have actual news about this we can make a new thread.

Archived