New Green Day Too Rude For Shops?

Guest As Good As It Gets

walmart didnt sell American Idiot.

I've seen American Idiot in Wal-Mart before... :huh:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have Itunes, FYE, all the Hot topics of the world, definitely have all the Virgins of the world, and almost any independent store, I really doubt they're going to need Walmart to sell records.

I've seen American Idiot in Wal-Mart before... :huh:

With edits and blank outs. Which to me is basically defiling art.

With edits and blank outs. Which to me is basically defiling art.

Well yeah. It's all edited and stuff. But, over the last few years... at least at the Wal-Mart near me, ALL their cds have been edited.

I think its a bit pointless, they may as well sell the CD, people who don't want it sold don't have to buy it.

do we know the release date yet? Because on the HMV website it says the 18th May, is that right? :/

I find it kind of aggravating that shops like these still allow rap albums that talk about drugs, alcohol, sex and who's entire songs are mostly variations of fuck and other colorful profanities to be sold with no problem, but when it comes to Green Day...

No such thing is allowed! =O

There are more consumers who want the latest music of the day than Christian fanatics and their brethren, stores will go in the direction of profit.

Which lines are "too rude"? xD.

They can gladly compare religion to a dog being sodomized and my only thought is "poor dog"

duh.. it sounds really stupid, like we are back in 70's with 'nevermind the bullocks' and all new 'in your face' thing.

lol at Tre's face in the picture.

of got a poster of that picture,

this guys blog has already been posted up here, don't know where cos' im too lazy but i saw it the other day

^ What needs to happen is that stores should not care so much. This (America) is a free country and people are supposed to be allowed to say what they want. If it is offensive to a certain group, like religious people, just slap a PA sticker on it and move on. However, we live in a society that is too sensitive to every little thing that this doesn't seem possible.

they are just trying to make people get all pumped up about it and so people buy more because it is "too rude" for stores. totally fake statment i think. i just hope, even if it does end up true, that "viva la gloria" isn't offensive or my mom WILL be pissed.

I LOL'ed when I read the article, they did'nt ban A Little Piece of Heaven from being shown on YouTube, and that's borderline necrophilia. And they whine over Green Day?

the song is awesome

but the video... ewww

i just hope, even if it does end up true, that "viva la gloria" isn't offensive or my mom WILL be pissed.

You're 16, act like it.

Archived