Life after Green Day?

924Nimrod

I reckon you'll be looking at life after Green Day sooner than you might think. Hell, this next album is taking a long time. I think when (if?) it gets released, they'll tour for a couple of years then jack it in. After all, 7 albums-worth of songs has probably used up every conceivable powerchord combination...

Man you actually live up to your Award :D

Maybe we'll get to hear something besides Powerchords on the new album..maybe :lol:

I mean..i think life goes on after Green Day, it is going to be hard for maybe a year or two, mayber ten, but you'll get over it.Everyone i think! :unsure:

Like someone said before i would like to see Billie Joe doing some Folk after Green Day broke up(if that ever happens).

But let's enjoy their music as long as we can and want to!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man you actually live up to your Award :D

Maybe we'll get to hear something besides Powerchords on the new album..maybe :lol:

I mean..i think life goes on after Green Day, it is going to be hard for maybe a year or two, mayber ten, but you'll get over it.Everyone i think! :unsure:

Like someone said before i would like to see Billie Joe doing some Folk after Green Day broke up(if that ever happens).

But let's enjoy their music as long as we can and want to!

What? I tell it like it is.

Sanah dear that's pretty far off. It will happen.

will not.

that would suck if they broke up. plus, it'd be cool to last as long as, say, Rolling Stones or AC/DC and such.

There will be no life after Green Day.

Hahaha, nah. But I would be pretty depressed over it, and I'd probably get really emotional about it too. They are a huge part of my life, and I don't know if I'll be the same if they do break up. I have a feeling when that does happen though, it's going to be around the time I'm married and stuff, so it won't be as big of a deal as it would now.

What would be worse then them breaking up though, would be if one of them died or got killed :cry:. That would be so much worse. Hopefully that never happens.

Yeah- Green Day is awesome, and they put so much emotion and power into thier songs.

Tre better not get himself killed. :blink: Considering what he's done so far.(Cut his head falling on the symbol, climbing onto the Universal Studios ball, drunk driving and hitting a cop, etc.)

Also, I think a lot of people feel like that, like they are a huge part of thier lives, I'm new but that's just what it seems like. Thier awesome, hilarious, and I would be really upset, and emotional, sorry if thats pathetic, if some thing like that happened. Though, the only way I think they would break up is if one of them died. Mike said in an interview that he doesn't want to grow up, becuase then he'd grow old, and he doesn't want that. Green Day has been around for this long, and is still giving us amazing stuff. Other bands could have broken up a while ago. Green Day seems to really love what they do, and I don't think that they would break up. They have been through a lot together.

I'd be pretty bummed,but we've surived like 3 years already without them already,you know? It's just the title "breaking up" thats sad.I dont think they'll ever break up because they're bestfriends,they would just end the chapter of Green Day so to speak.I've seen Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones live and they were great shows,You're as old as you feel.

Do you really believe that? Honestly?

What, the Rolling Stones?

Yes. By soon, I mean 'possibly in the next 5-10 years', not like in the next week or something.

You need attention, don't you?

Not as much as you need an arse-kicking.

Yes. By soon, I mean 'possibly in the next 5-10 years', not like in the next week or something.

:lol: I was just implying that they are all a bajillion years old and haven't died yet, and it seems they never will.

:lol: I was just implying that they are all a bajillion years old and haven't died yet, and it seems they never will.

Causes of death:

Mick Jagger: those lips will implode and take Mick with them.

Charlie Watts: will die in the 'Jagger Lip Implosion' incident

Keef Richards: erm, maybe drugs?

Bill Wyman: shag himself to death.

:D

I don't want to exist in that world :(

I wanna see them like The Stones, man. Doing what they love until they can't do it anymore. Like BB King, he has to sit on a stool. As long as they can still rock, I'll pay to go see them. I love them, they're the friends I don't know :lol: Their music is. Green Day is an institution, they love what they do, and I think they're gonna keep on rockin' out until they can't anymore.

At least, I hope so.

Causes of death:

Mick Jagger: those lips will implode and take Mick with them.

Charlie Watts: will die in the 'Jagger Lip Implosion' incident

Keef Richards: erm, maybe drugs?

Bill Wyman: shag himself to death.

:D

:lol: :lol:

Too bad I'll be dead before that happens.

Oh dear. You act like seeking attention is a BAD thing.

well, my life after green day would be different than it is now- no more me going on and on about it (to my friends' delight no doubt), no more excitement of getting a new album or finding a new picture somewhere. idk, it's so strange. but much better than if there never was a green day in the first place.

if we're talking years down the road and god forbid one of them dies, i know i would be a wreck.

if/when i had kids by that time, they'd see me completely devastated.

if it's more of a mutual band split within the next couple years, i would be very upset, naturally.

but i think we may be able to continue on here. after all, we have for the past few years right?

billie would go with phgp, mike with the frustrators and tre may just...idk become a male stripper or something lol.

but seriously, things would suck for me for a while if all of a sudden something happend.

whatever they´ll do when they´re older, I´ll say "oh yeah, was the right desicion...!" I hope I´ll die exactly when they´ve played for the last time!!! :)

Good question. I believe green day will always work on music world...maybe billie joe will take care of Adeline or will enter definitely on Pinhead while I don't know what mike and tree should do...

I guess, on one hand, I'd be kind of happy for them if they went their separate ways. I mean, they've been Green Day for almost 20 years now, and I'm sure it's getting to be a little... monotonous for them. So I'd want them to move on and do whatever makes them happy, whether it be producing, doing a solo thing, or doing one of their "side projects" full time.

On the other hand, I would be a bit upset. Green Day was such a big part of my life for a long time, and they still are in one way or another, and it would be a shame to see them break up.

Although, I've got another band that I'd be ready to put in Green Day's place if anything like that ever does happen (not that they could ever fit in Green Day's place, but I think you know what I mean: it wouldn't be hard to move on).

Like I said, I'd understand completely, and I'd be happy for them. :)

Archived