What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FlirtyDutherMucker
^Why do you hate to say it?

It's a great song :banana:

Because I don't want to be to be seen as one of those people who know Green Day for one of the best selling albums of the 00's.

I have other Green Day albums though xD.

And yes, American Idiot is a good song.

Man, don't ever be ashamed of how you started liking Green Day :D

Just be glad that you do.

Guest FlirtyDutherMucker
Man, don't ever be ashamed of how you started liking Green Day :D

Just be glad that you do.

I'm not ashamed, it's just I would've preferred to have known them during the Dookie era, instead of AI era.

=]

I'm not ashamed, it's just I would've preferred to have known them during the Dookie era, instead of AI era.

=]

Oh, well, that's understandable :) But both of them garnered them a lot of fans, and I don't think there's any shame in jumping in on either 'bandwagon'. Big albums produces a mass of new fans. It's been 4 years, and you still like them. That's awesome. I was part of when Dookie hit the fan, 14 years ago, and I still love them. Hopefully you'll still like them in 10 years, too :)

Hopefully, they'll still be around :blink:

Guest FlirtyDutherMucker
Oh, well, that's understandable :) But both of them garnered them a lot of fans, and I don't think there's any shame in jumping in on either 'bandwagon'. Big albums produces a mass of new fans. It's been 4 years, and you still like them. That's awesome. I was part of when Dookie hit the fan, 14 years ago, and I still love them. Hopefully you'll still like them in 10 years, too :)

Hopefully, they'll still be around :blink:

Well, it's nearly 20 years since they began, so let's hope for the best, yeah?

OH man yeah.

I hope they're like The Stones and keep going even if they need walkers to get on the stage :lol:

Guest FlirtyDutherMucker
OH man yeah.

I hope they're like The Stones and keep going even if they need walkers to get on the stage :lol:

I'm up for that =p

As long as they don't get shit from the diehard rock fans who accuse them of using powerchords in all of their songs.

So what if they do? Powerchords make sexy songs.

The first song would be Good Ridance but I didn't know it was them then. The first song knowing it was them was American Idiot becuase it was the first song on Ameican Idiot.

good ridance, warning, minority... all of those amazing songs when i was younger im sure

I must declare it´s a good topic. :whistling:

well. let me remember... it was on 2004, in december...

I was changing the chanels on TV and saw Billie Joe like in black and white, i changed the chanel and then i returned to the green day video (that i has never seen)... I just love everyting about it. It was Boulevard Of Broken Dreams.

This video is very special to me. I get a little sad when i see it, because it remember me the way i walked alone... and who i found.

I hate to say it, but American Idiot. :(

Someone had to say it, I guess. :(

AI was my first video, so....yeah....

my first song was When I Come Around, i was really little when i first heard it, surprised i remember.....

Boulevard of Broken Dreams... sadly... :dry:

:o

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is a wonderful song!

^ i think what the dude and the other dude meant the same thing i do when i say that Holiday was the song that got me into green day.

it's that when we say it, it's been a trigger response for people to jump down our throats and call us out as teenies, posters, "punx" etc. honestly.

this is a respect thing. fairly simple too. Pre-AI = die hard fan. AI-to-present = bandwagon-er. that's how the gauntlet's been laid out since 2004

(at least, that's what i've come accross before joining GDC).

^Yeah I know, but it doesn't matter what other people think. Since the only people who would make fun of someone for being a so-called "new fan" are total losers, there's no need to want their respect :)

Because I don't want to be to be seen as one of those people who know Green Day for one of the best selling albums of the 00's.

I have other Green Day albums though xD.

And yes, American Idiot is a good song.

Don't worry, the first Green Day song I've ever heard was WMUWSE, that's even worse, I guess :lol:

And btw, what's with your sig? I mean, pregnant women put this kind of sig on some happy-to-be-a-mother forums. I guess you're neither a mother, nor even a woman, so wtf? :lol:

Basket Case in BMX xxx for PS2, when I was 6 or 7. And first music video was Holiday or Boulevard Of Broken Dreams.

Archived