What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

Burnout I guess. I listened to Dookie in full right before I bought American Idiot.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind so much if the screming idiots just kept their dirty thoughts to themselves. My eardrums suffered massively for that, and I wasn't very happy out it. I don't think a massive crowd wants to hear someone yell out about how they want to "do" someone.

I only knew what they looked like because I had a friend who as massively obsessed with Billie (I thought he was kind of ugly) back when Insomniac was out. She even went as far as to jump on me and practically strangle me when he crossed his eyes during the music video for Geek Stink Breath

:lol: Yeah, I guess that would be annoying at a concert, but I've never been to one so I haven't had the pleasure of seeing that!

Sounds like he quite enjoyed joining in with all the perviness at the Foxboro shows though. And he certainly doesn't mind playing up to it, I think he's come around to quite liking having a somewhat sexy image in recent years. It's kind of become part of his stage persona - no objections here :D

All other perving I have no problem with, 'tis a bit of fun.

uhm. well the first song i remember hearing is wake me up when september ends. or maybe boulevard of broken dreams. im not sure,.

first music video was jesus of suburbia.

yes. i started out with american idiot. but i know green dya all around now. from 39/smooth to FHT. im a true fan. :]]]

The first song I can remember hearing is American Idiot

well i first -heard- Dookie, not knowing they were amazing, but it wasnt until BOBD that i really got into them. so yeah, i guess i'm an american idiot starter, but i know all the songs now, including the side band ones =D

i hate it though when people think your "not a fan because you only heard American Idiot first" but its like "so what?" i mean, just because you got into them when American Idiot came out doesnt mean shit. i like all of their music now and i actually like them for their MUSIC and TALENT, not because of their looks. though yes, i agree, looks are a bonus :wink:

Welcome To Paradise. I remember my friends brother playing it one day when he was showing us some of his bands music along with some of his favorite songs. That was hella long ago but I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

:lol: Yeah, I guess that would be annoying at a concert, but I've never been to one so I haven't had the pleasure of seeing that!

Sounds like he quite enjoyed joining in with all the perviness at the Foxboro shows though. And he certainly doesn't mind playing up to it, I think he's come around to quite liking having a somewhat sexy image in recent years. It's kind of become part of his stage persona - no objections here :D

All other perving I have no problem with, 'tis a bit of fun.

lol, I'm not talking about Billie being the perv there... he's been that way pretty much ever since I can remeber. I was talking about the screaming teenies who yell out all the dirty stuff they want to do to him at the shows.... that irritates the crap outta me... I don't care if they think that way, just keep it to themselves.

blvrd. of broken dreams...but I stopped the video and went to basket case(the name was catchy and then I discovered the song was too!)so...complete:basket case;incomplete:blvrd of broken dreams

please,tell me what considerate.

I was 10! god...I'm a green day fan since 10!cool,I've never remind myself

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it was Boulevard of Broken Dreams,the first ever english song I heard and video was of this song too was the first one!!

Guest TwoDollarMellie

.......It's such a shame for me to say this, but the first Green Day song I heard/listened to, was "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".

It was one of the most popular songs at my school (at the time).

American Idiot...i got this cd for Christmas 2005 and I put it in radio...

so...first song was American Idiot :)

Umm the first song i ever herd ( and saw as matter of fact) was Wake Me Up When September Ends, when BIAB was on Tv. it was a misstake when i clickt on the wrong channel , and as soon as the picture came back, this small man with black hair walked up ans said " this song is called wake me up when september ends" and this beautiful voice came out... I was speachless i say

I think the very first song I heard was Holiday and the first video I saw was Holiday xD

warning was the first full album I heard but Good Riddance was the first song. I didn't know it was Green Day until a few years later when I bought nimrod. And the first video I saw was Holiday cause Fuse exploded when AI came out.

Longview...I was very very young, but I never forget watching that video. :happy:

First song I heard of them was Ha Ha You're Dead :)

Video.. I think it was Hitchin' A Ride, but if live performances count; Live 8.

Umm the first song i ever herd ( and saw as matter of fact) was Wake Me Up When September Ends, when BIAB was on Tv. it was a misstake when i clickt on the wrong channel , and as soon as the picture came back, this small man with black hair walked up ans said " this song is called wake me up when september ends" and this beautiful voice came out... I was speachless i say

:lol: I like the part where you call BJ a small man with black hair.

incredible!!I DISCOVERED SUCH AN AMAZIN THINg!i was born while green day song.haha

:blink:

how that??

I first heard Basketcase when I was sitting in the backseat of my mom's car as a little kid and I remember we were driving to this part of orange that I really love, and I'll never forget the first time I heard that song because I was just sitting there even though I was about seven I think (it wasn't when the song first came out, that's for sure) and I was just floored by this music.

And now ten years later here I am. :D

Well, technically, I got into Green Day after American Idiot came out, but I later realized what song I'd heard in the car that one day so long ago after my friend started to play Green Day for me. Oh, memories.

Archived