What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure the first Green Day video I watched (at least KNOWING it was Green Day) was Longview.

I freaking hated it.

Then when I got Dookie, my first Green Day CD, I listened to the whole album front to back and when Longview came on, I'm like "OMG THIS SONG IS AWESOME!!!"

First songs I remember singing were Longview, Basketcase, and Welcome to Paradise, but being so young I can't remember exactly what song was the first I'd ever heard.

My parents had bought the Dookie cassette tape when it first came out, and I would ask to listen to it all the time.

It's weird because it still brings back memories when I listen to the cassette compared to the CD or my Zune.

But the first video I saw was probably Basketcase, but when I watched the video years later I only remembered bits and pieces..

The one I remember vividly though was When I Come Around at Woodstock. And I thought that Green Day was the coolest thing since sliced bread..

Uhh so to speak..

good riddance. when i was like 6 or 7

i got given songs to learn on guitar by my teacher that where

when i come around, hitchin' a ride and warning

but hitchin' a ride was first

I grew up in the age of Mtv and always watched videos.When Green Day hit the airwaves,I was a nurse and working the night shift at a retirement/nursing home for rich folks.There was a TV in the dayroom,and I used to turn it to Mtv and watch vids.The first time I ever heard/saw Green Day was the vid for "Basket Case" and I was hooked.

American Idiot, I was at an aftershow party for the pantomime I had been in and me and my friend started head banging across the stage when it came on; just messing about. I was eleven, and until that moment I had an awful taste in music :happy:

I had heard Good Riddance on the radio all the time back in the summer when I was going into 1st Grade or somewhere around there and I was in love with it, then in 5th grade when American Idiot came out, I was obsessed with Boulevard of Broken Dreams and so I got the CD and then I got International Superhits soon after that and I heard Good Riddance come on as I played the CD and I started freaking out because I finally found out who sang the song. Lmao. (:

the first time I listened to green day was in the school.

A friend brought the american idiot cd and I think the first song I heard was jesus of suburbia.At the first time I didn´t like it.But when I listened the whole record I couldn´t stop thinking about those songs.

The next month I had the cd in my hands

()()()()()()

Longview. I first saw the music video then I started listening to the radio to tape the song. Then Dookie came out and I bought the CD. It was 1994 and I was 11 going on 12.

Heh, amazing. They used to play videos on MTV. Now they might as well change their name to Reality TV.

Probably Good Riddance or Basketcase on the radio when I was 8 or 9. But I really got into Green Day when I heard American Idiot. I was older, 14, and loved the whole album...then eventually learned their older stuff was even better.

Was Longview ever even released in the UK? I never heard it, or even heard OF it until I got into Green Day with AI and bought all their albums. But I'd heard and seen Basket Case and When I Come Around millions of times.

Did it ever get played on radio or TV here? Seems strange.

First video was Holiday

Back then the world was swamped with Green Day so I'm not actually sure the first song, def something off AI.

Ha Ha You're Dead.

i'm an old-skool fan. :devil:

The first Green Day songs I heard were "2,000 Light Years Away" and interestingly enough, "All By Myself" way back in 1994. The first video I remember seeing was When I Come Around.

The first Green Day song I ever listened to actually was 2000 Lightyears Away, Warning and Macy's Day Parade so I would say songs, but that was before I knew they were Green Day and before I knew that Green Day was a band. I remember the first music video was I think Holiday? or maybe American Idiot but I always had the feeling I saw Basket Case or When I Come Around for some reason, but then again I thought, hmm, I was born when those music video came out... so I'm going to stick with American Idiot era ones :P

I don't know which song I heard first. I think I heard WMUWSE, When I Come Around, and Basket Case, and probably many more in various places. The song that got me hooked, though, was BOBD. :wub:

I think BOBD was the first video...

i believe it was 2004/2005 and i was at basebal practice (i was in 4th grade) and my friend kept on singing american idot. and i was like who are they? and he said green day. so i looked them up on the computer and fell in love. and probabaly about 3 months later i knew everything about them. like i grew up with them. pretty cool. i bless my friend for singing them

Archived