What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

My first Green Day song was "Good Riddance" but I didn't know it was by them for a while after that. It is probably still my favorite Green Day song :wub:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WMUWSE, heard it on the radio and immediatly fell in love with it :wub:

video too, I looked the-song-I-didn't-know-but-loved up on youtube x)

I'm not sure whether I posted that here before..

The first green day song I ever heard was holiday.Me and my brother were watching the 10 funniest goal celebrations on youtube and the music in the background was so good and i wondered who were the guys who played it so i clicked the description and there was it green day-holiday.

My first Green Day song was "Good Riddance" but I didn't know it was by them for a while after that. It is probably still my favorite Green Day song :wub:

Ahh I remember the day I found out that Good Riddance was in fact by Green Day. What a strange day it was!

Ok, I think I posted a couple of months ago that the first GD song I listened to was Scumbag.

Now I know I was wrong.

My cousin went to their concert during the Nimrod era and came back singing Good Riddance.

I remember loving that song but not knowing who the band was.

Oh, how things have changed! :D

First song was definitely When I Come Around, back when Dookie first came out & WICA was on the radio 24-7

First video I think was Basketcase, but I didn't have cable back then, so I'm not sure.

I remember the first time I saw them on tv, though, was when they were on David Letterman playing "86"; I was, like, 9 or 10 & Billie Joe scared me, but I still loved 'em lol

:happy:

i'm not sure 'cause my dad has sometimes listened gd in the car when i was younger... but when i heard american idiot when i had loaded the cd to my computer (it was my dad's cd xP) i really started to like gd.

Brain Stew in the car when I was like 6 or 7. I didn't know it was Green Day at the time. I actually didn't get into Green Day or ever really heard of them until I was 17 (2007), when my guitar teacher burned me a copy of American Idiot off of his iTunes. I wasn't all that impressed with AI at first, but I went and bought Bullet In A Bible a few weeks later and absolutely LOVED it.

American Idiot...in 2005 ^^

I can exactly remember: I jumped like a jerk in front of the TV waiting for AI on Viva/mtv after I a class mate had shown it to me. I was so excited about it xD

My first song of Green Day was American Idiot, in june 2006...

I was at school in the end of the year show...2 guys start to dance and the song was American Idiot...I fall in love with that song...at the end of the entire show I went to my brother and I told him: "What's that beautiful song when the 2 guys are dancing??????" and he smile to me and say "It's very beautiful, eh? It's American Idiot by Green Day" :wub::wub:

My first video...uhm I think was American Idiot

Ahh I remember the day I found out that Good Riddance was in fact by Green Day. What a strange day it was!

Ah me too...I love that song sooooo much ^^

my first song was Boulevard of Broken Dreams

i heard it on the radio and right there fell in love :P

when i listen to their old stuff some of it seems familar i was probably too young to remember :P

so technically bobd is not my first song but since i dont know i say it is :P

if that seems not at all confusing to you lol

it was basketcase actually my friend made me watch biab and she showed me the basketcase part so it was the first song i ever heard

Archived