Vote for Green Day

xXGreenDayStreetXx

w00t for Green Day being in the lead.

Now let's hope they do something majorly amazing this year so they can properly earn the title of best punk band 2008. :P

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of Course, Green Day always is the fucking punk best band~

it is the truth~

-------------------------------------------------

www.forevergreenday.com

abc.jpg

Never knew Green Day were remotely just "Punk" but since you say they are, they must be.

Ha ha I see your point but if we're saying the bands have to fit rigidly into the supposed punk criteria, then I think The Offspring, The Living End and maybe Alkaline Trio are skating on thin ice just as much as Green Day.

Lolz I don't know why I'm bothering to argue this, the poll literally means nothing. It's fun though.

The Living End is more punk then any of them.

^Well of course The Living End are punk! I'm just saying that they conform less to the apparant punk 'rules' that some people think bands have to follow to be punk. So by those 'rules' they are less punk than some of the other bands on the list.

However, in my opinion bands that refuse to conform to the standard punk sound are indeed being more punk than those that do because they're doing what the fuck they want. This applies to Green Day also. All the best bands experiment with whatever sounds they want and are not concerned with how punk they are.

green day

living end

against me!

offspring

rancid suck nowadays

lots

its a shame

I remember seeing a chick wear a tescos bag as a top.

Did that make her look more punk?

No, It made her look like a twat.

^

^Agreed. The Fall Back Down video? No thanks!

To Jay lolz

Well of course I just voted for my lovely Green Day boys. God there's some crap on that list, I don't think they're gonna win but at least they're beating most of the rubbish. Although I am disappointed at the lack of love for the fabulous Queens Of The Stone Age.

Green Day have done eff all this year, FHT is under a pseudonym, so it doesn't count.

I think it's also balls that you can vote more than once.

whats up wid that?

They have a Hall of Fame for what members think is the best band right now. Alive or dead, active or not.

I saw somewhere that Nirvana won in 2004 and 5

There is also a best of 2008 that is only for bands that have new music that year.

As far as I could tell you only vote once for each contest.

Green Day have done eff all this year, FHT is under a pseudonym, so it doesn't count.

It's a hall of fame. It's for the artist's whole career, not just what they've done this year. Hence Elvis being in the lead over 30 years after his death.

Oh, so it's for every band alive or dead?

Green Day don't even come close, then.

Oh, so it's for every band alive or dead?

Green Day don't even come close, then.

Oh yeah by the way we've now moved onto a different poll if you didn't notice. Who would you choose then?

give me the link to the new poll.

It's only about 10 posts back, I didn't post it btw. Here it is again

www.rockintown.com

EDIT: Well this link doesn't work and I'm too thick to make it work, so if you want you can look back 10 posts or so

Wow.

Is that the serious list?

I can't stand Elvis, Led Zeppelin OR The Beatles. But they're deservedly the top three, from that shortlist.

My god, what a shitty site. :lol:

Why the fuck are Green Day on that list?

Yeah don't make a new topic for that, it's retarded.

Wow.

Is that the serious list?

I can't stand Elvis, Led Zeppelin OR The Beatles. But they're deservedly the top three, from that shortlist.

My god, what a shitty site. :lol:

:lol: I can agree with that. At least Good Charlotte have only got about 2 votes.

Archived