Justin Sane talks about Green Day

rudiecantfail

I know. But it was his choice to make no money from them. They could have quite easily dumbed down, signed a huge record deal and got fucking minted. I'm just saying, he went back on what he stood for which lost him a lot of respect.

They signed more than one quite significant record deal...

EMI

A+R

Virgin..

all amounting to more than peanuts. But the band claim to have seen next to nothing from these.

Aside from attacking Green Day, I don't see whats so wrong with the man, to be honest.... I don't think there'd be as much distaste if he chose to pick on another band.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They signed more than one quite significant record deal...

EMI

A+R

Virgin..

all amounting to more than peanuts. But the band claim to have seen next to nothing from these.

Aside from attacking Green Day, I don't see whats so wrong with the man, to be honest.... I don't think there'd be as much distaste if he chose to pick on another band.

There's loads of people who bash Green Day, I don't hate them all, I see no problem with it. They're allowed opinions and I can relate to a lot of the criticisms.

Had The Sex Pistols been a little more savvy they could have had anything they wanted from those record deals. The punk thing was massive, record companies would have paid more if they'd been more hard-nosed.

Johnny Rotten is a wanker. But then, Frank Carter from Gallows is a wanker. It's the job of punk frontmen to be wankers. The man pisses me off immensely with his general air of superiority and the idea that he's still relevant.

I mean, Goldfinger were once kicked off the Sex Pistols tour for telling people to throw things on stage, so the Pistols had to play with a stage with rubbish on it. This is coming from a band who used to destroy venues totally. He's a hypocrite.

Still, the music was good :)

yeh good vid.

haha at that train/tram whatever it is going across the road, that was weird.

I've never been a gigantic Anti-Flag fan, but they always seem like genuinely good guys and I admire the message they try to spread.

So props to them.

I love Justin's voice.

Yeah... I love that man.

Thanks for posting

Yeah... I love that man.

Thanks for posting

Weren't me that posted, china.

Psh, Justin is already picking up a British accent. He's moving to London, I heard.

Psh, Justin is already picking up a British accent. He's moving to London, I heard.

Yeah, he is indeed. Although it's apparently more of an extended holiday, nothing permanent.

Weird, my friends met Justin Sane like yesterday :lol:

Yeah, he is indeed. Although it's apparently more of an extended holiday, nothing permanent.

Maybe the CIA sent a hitman after him :P

Anyone heard that song Goonshadow? I love it =P

I do find it quite ironic that he's moving to Britain.

The people are 'more warm' apparently.

I can picture it:

JS: Hello sir, please direct me to the Ramen isle...

Tesco: Fuck off and sort yer fuckin hair out prick.

JS: Have a nice day.

Tesco: Fuckin' comin over 'ere an' takin our jobs, cunt. Fuckin' Communazi.

green day + anti-flag = =D

i think punk rock is a mentality anyway.

and yeah, what he said is totally true.

through green day ive got into the clash the stiff little fingers, rancid, operation ivy, anti-flag, nofx, the ramones,

not to mention non-punk rock bands green day have got me into; ryan adams, the beatles, the who..

Ah, the interviewer had a Northern Irish accent :happy:

But yeah, good on Justin for putting that guy straight.

Am i the only one who thought of Joe Cool after seeing this?

And i thought he had a great response.

That's really cool that he thinks that way. I feel the same way about Green Day.

That's awesome. He's definitely made a good point too, not only about the speaking against Bush thing with Green Day, but about Blink 182, and the hairstyles and stuff too.

Cool, I really like Anti-Flag. Justin seems like a really nice guy. I agree with what he said too.

That reminded me of John Feldmann getting harassed by the FBI :lol:

Justin better watch his back...

Am i the only one who thought of Joe Cool after seeing this?

And i thought he had a great response.

dude, what happened to that kid!

Archived