Will Green Day's upcoming album appeal to young listeners?

Pan.

Will Green Day's upcoming album appeal to young listeners?  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im only 15 and I have every CD from Greenday.

I dont just like them for there apperance.I really get into there songs,and what they are trying to get across in them.So yeah I think alot of young listeners who like punk rock,and care about what the music is about and not just who sexy Billie is. :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the new album when released will appeal to younger listeners as I honestly can't see them not making an album with several radio friendly songs designed specifically to reach out to new listeners.

na.

i don't see green day ceasing to exist.

i am sure there will be more green day albums, and the next should be soon. (within the year maybe, wouldn't bet on it though.)

come on, surely others agree with me on this?

^i agree. Green Day will still be Green Day. they will make a new album. i don't know where this idea they aren't coming back even came from.

almost posted that myself, but then although i'm sure the statistic was made up on the spot, the two statistics were of serperate yes or no questions, eg,

1) do you prefer new bands? - 80% yes

2) do you appreciate old bands? 47% yes

as aforementioned, i'm sure it was made up, but in the event that it's not, thats probably what it meant.

well that isn't a very well structured survey :P they're leading questions that lead the participants to a certain answer, therefore the answers aren't really valid.

FHT only exists so Green Day can distract us while they take another year pretending they have a new album coming out.

na.

i don't see green day ceasing to exist.

i am sure there will be more green day albums, and the next should be soon. (within the year maybe, wouldn't bet on it though.)

come on, surely others agree with me on this?

Yeah I'm with you, Green Day are and have always been fuckin great, and have not done anything now to suggest otherwise. People are just being impatient. They think there will be no album just because there's been a 3 1/2 year gap since American Idiot, even though there was a 4 year gap between Warning and AI. Others are somehow predicting how good or successful it will be using their psychic powers.

Boo to all these cynics and their crazy predictions!

They're just bitter cos they'll never be as cool or pretty as Green Day :wink:

^i agree. Green Day will still be Green Day. they will make a new album. i don't know where this idea they aren't coming back even came from.

well that isn't a very well structured survey :P they're leading questions that lead the participants to a certain answer, therefore the answers aren't really valid.

ohhh shh, i'm not defending the damned thing :P i was just trying to be smarmy and logical

"they're leading questions that lead the participants to a certain answer, therefore the answers aren't really valid."

this survey never even happened, bear in mind :P now THAT is over-analysation, haha..

Yeah I'm with you, Green Day are and have always been fuckin great, and have not done anything now to suggest otherwise. People are just being impatient. They think there will be no album just because there's been a 3 1/2 year gap since American Idiot, even though there was a 4 year gap between Warning and AI. Others are somehow predicting how good or successful it will be using their psychic powers.

Boo to all these cynics and their crazy predictions!

They're just bitter cos they'll never be as cool or pretty as Green Day :wink:

damn straight.

its weird its been about the same amount of time as in between warning and a.i - they have a huge fanbase now, as in about 2003 it was small (compared to now obviously, for most bands it'd still be seen as pretty big)

it'll just be all the sweeter when they release an awesome new record and we can say "i told you so!" as we sing along, eh? xD

--------------------------------

edited, the post below this quotes what i initially said (and thus explains why i edited it :P)

ohhh shh :P i was just trying to be smarmy and logical

"they're leading questions that lead the participants to a certain answer, therefore the answers aren't really valid."

this survey never even happened, bear in mind :P now THAT is over-analysation, haha..

damn straight

except the last part, what are you TALKING about! i'm immensely cool (at times..). :lol:

Well yeah of course YOU'RE cool, you agree with me so you obviously must be :cool:

EDIT: Damn you, you edited your post so mine doesn't make sense. Watch out or your cool level will drop :D

Well yeah of course YOU'RE cool, you agree with me so you obviously must be :cool:

EDIT: Damn you, you edited your post so mine doesn't make sense. Watch out or your cool level will drop :D

i edited mine because i realised i wasn't a cynic and so my point about being cool was redundant and so i should change it :P i didnt see your name at the bottom on the 'viewing forum' bit - if i had i wouldnt've; sorry :)

and yeah but even if it drops it'll still be fairly high.. i mean.. i AGREED with you! :D

Ha ha no problem. You're still on the cool list.

almost posted that myself, but then although i'm sure the statistic was made up on the spot, the two statistics were of serperate yes or no questions, eg,

2) do you appreciate old bands? 47% yes

as aforementioned, i'm sure it was made up, but in the event that it's not, thats probably what it meant.

TYPO on the second. I didn't notice till now (jeez..):

2) do you appreciate old bands? 17% yes

Meaning that 80% out of 100 preferred listening to new bands over old bands.

And 17% out of 100 preferred listening to old bands over new bands.

I can even scan the whole thing we did if you want...I have no need of making this stuff up. I'm not 5.

I think that green day will release a new album and it will appeal to young listeners. They may not release a new album within a year but i think they will release a new album.

TYPO on the second. I didn't notice till now (jeez..):

2) do you appreciate old bands? 17% yes

Meaning that 80% out of 100 preferred listening to new bands over old bands.

And 17% out of 100 preferred listening to old bands over new bands.

I can even scan the whole thing we did if you want...I have no need of making this stuff up. I'm not 5.

yeah, i know how percentages work.

i'm still confused though - did 3% just refuse to participate or something?

(actually, don't worry. if it means that much to you, i believe you..)

Ha ha no problem. You're still on the cool list.

oh yeah.

She always types like that.

Grammar Nazis! Defend the master language!

I want you to type out a word with an apostraphe to prove to me you understand.

Otherwise, off to the concentration camps with all the other misspellers.

hooray, you spelt apostrophe wrong.

I hope it doesn't. Please god, no more idiotic teenies...

I'm not 5.

:P

Guest Fat Bottomed Boy

I think it will.. people will adapt to bands they love..

Example is ive always been a massive guns n roses fan. although axl sounds like shit now i still cant help but love it.

exactly & Green Day is one of those bands that has become like a legend. Just like Led Zeppelin or you could even say they're like a modern-day version of The Beatles because people will remember them 20 or 30 years from now & will continue to love them.

I think... :/ They love doing good music and we love them for that

when i start listen green day... and i don´t care how they look.. i just love they music..

I'm still in a tossup about this topic. GD could do what they did again with AI, espcially with they hype about the new album.

It shouldn't mater if the album appeals to young listeners or not. Who really cares what age bracket their fans are in? Most of the time you can't even judge maturity by age anyway.

any kids my age, when they think green day, they think american idiot. they think it sucks because it was so popular and now its not popular music anymore. i hate how people go from liking to not liking songs just because of what everyone else says is cool. who knows how popular this is gonna be.

yeah, i know how percentages work.

i'm still confused though - did 3% just refuse to participate or something?

they were two seperate questions.

as in:

1)do you prefer new bands?

or

do you prefer old bands?

2)do you appreciate old bands?

or

do you not appreciate old bands?

The album will not be able to overshadow american idiot.

In case you haven't noticed magazines, critics etc. keep refering to the upcoming album as 'AI follow-up'

The album (no matter how super special awesome it is) will never shake this horrid tag.

But having said that, We will still get the idiotic teenies, the fangirls, the 'punk princesses' etc.

and once again I'll be here (Along with many others across the globe) beating them off with a stick.

the album afetr the american idiot follow up (see now even I am using it)

will overshadow american idiot.

man, parts of my post sound egotistical.

i'm not old (born about 2 months before dookie came), but i love GD, i love their music, that's what i go for. it's just a bonus that they're hot :happy:

-but i think that i depends on the music. is it very foxboro like they won't get much i think (don't get me wrong, i love foxboro), but most of my friends are popguys&girls, who only care about looks. but like i said. it depends on the music. ^^.

The album will not be able to overshadow american idiot.

In case you haven't noticed magazines, critics etc. keep refering to the upcoming album as 'AI follow-up'

The album (no matter how super special awesome it is) will never shake this horrid tag.

But having said that, We will still get the idiotic teenies, the fangirls, the 'punk princesses' etc.

and once again I'll be here (Along with many others across the globe) beating them off with a stick.

the album afetr the american idiot follow up (see now even I am using it)

will overshadow american idiot.

man, parts of my post sound egotistical.

agreed.

insomniac, nimrod, warning, shenanigans, international superhits, none of them could shake off the shadow of dookie.

Archived