Will Green Day's upcoming album appeal to young listeners?

Pan.

Will Green Day's upcoming album appeal to young listeners?  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would want Green Day to be somewhat commercially successful is so I could see / hear more of them, and have more chance of getting to see them live all the way over here, but it would make absolutely no difference to how much I like them.

It's nice to see good bands get the recognition they deserve if they've earned it, even if it doesn't particulary matter to the band itself.

Pretty much every band I've read interviews from say they write music for themselves more than anyone else.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty much every band I've read interviews from say they write music for themselves more than anyone else.

the day a band stops writing music because the feel they "have to" or because its what they want to do... and start writing songs to please the fanbase... in my opinion pretty much seals their fate.

sorry.. do it because you have to/want to/get a kick out of writing. do it for the fans and you just sold your arse to the blood sucking bottom feeders.

i`m pretty sure that if greenday did release an album it will still appeal to young listeners

i`m pretty sure that if greenday did release an album it will still appeal to young listeners

For the last time, you don't have to put a space after an apostraphe.

Yeah of course, I wasn't suggesting otherwise. I don't think Green Day's music is at all affected by fan's reactions (as I have said numerous times). They feel inspired to write and play, so they do.

Commercial success would just be a bonus for me cos I wanna see as much Green Day as possible :D

oooops sorry *looks embarressed*

Who cares O.o :lol:

Who cares O.o :lol:

She always types like that.

Grammar Nazis! Defend the master language!

oooops sorry *looks embarressed*

I want you to type out a word with an apostraphe to prove to me you understand.

Otherwise, off to the concentration camps with all the other misspellers.

I only bought Warning because of how hot Billie Joe looked on the front.

She always types like that.

Grammar Nazis! Defend the master language!

I want you to type out a word with an apostraphe to prove to me you understand.

Otherwise, off to the concentration camps with all the other misspellers.

look the reason is that i`m dyspraxic so sometimes i don`t see spelling mistakes or grammer mistakes and i`m afraid your gonna have to put up with it so there :P

I only bought Warning because of how hot Billie Joe looked on the front.

:lol:

I have to admit when I saw Nimrod in the shop I thought the two blokes on the cover looked pretty sexy, I had to buy it.

can i ask all the people who say they dont want green day to attract more younger fans when they release their new album what age were ye when ye started to like green day????

I think it all depends. Green Day are quite known for their love of experimentation and doing whatever they feel like, so I suppose whether or not the album appeals to young listeners involves what it is they do with the album, and whether or not it's what young listeners are interested in hearing. Personal taste is also a factor.

I'm sure they'll garner new fans with it. They always do. That's the way it works. Some fans might be disappointed, some fans might love it, but there will always be new people who enjoy it as well. Just like there will also be new people who hear them and decide not to like them. That's just the way the entertainment industry is.

I doubt they'll be able to draw new 12 and under fans, but i think most teenagers have the decency to realize music is good whether the members of the band or young and hot or not.

Have no idea what their new stuff will be like, but if it's anything like American Idiot, it will definatley attract the kids

I was about to make a metaphor but nevermind, even I thought it was stupid.

i read won't instead of will.

"won't definitely attract"?

Even Madie's grammar isn't that suckish.

That's a cheap generalization.

I like MCR too. They're going to go down as the Queen of our time. Or maybe different. I mean, the guitar playing is nothing short of amazing, and the vocals are very sharp, and the music all together is extremely catchy. There's no denying they have their enemies, as far as fans go, but they are one of the most popular bands of our time.

I'm younger than you, and I know good music. You can doubt me if you'd like, but that doesn't change a thing.

I can be descriptive on how the music is good, and can make statements impossible to argue with.

Younger kids, like 10-13 year olds are going to pick up on everything either way. Chances are, it won't be as big in numbers as American Idiot, but it will pick up quite a few teenies. They won't stay near as long though.

What pissed me off about AI is that you could go up to most people who liked tracks from AI or had worn some AI clothes, and say something like, "Hey did you ever see the video for Welcome To Paradise" and they'd be confused. It bothers me when people don't dig into a band's history once they get really into new material.

For example, I just got into the White Stripes, and I've been digging into their past work a lot, and they're really starting to catch on with me.

I definitely don't doubt you! There are many kids -- even under 18, like me -- who appreciate good music. It's a bit rare to see, but yes, there are quite a few. =)

I'm simply basing my opinion on the vast majority of kids I see nowadays who would rather listen to crap like the Jonas Brothers than other great bands like MCR and Green Day, which is why I sort of doubt that the youth will want to buy Green Day's new album.

Yeah, I constantly get bashed for liking MCR. Either because people think they're a crappy "emo" band or that I only like them because of their physical appearance. Stereotypes really bug the shit out of me...and sometimes I wish that people could see that there are actually kids out there that truly appreciate good music -- just like you and me.

I definitely don't doubt you! There are many kids -- even under 18, like me -- who appreciate good music. It's a bit rare to see, but yes, there are quite a few. =)

everybody thinks the music they listen to is good music.

everybody thinks the music they listen to is good music.

But only a few know what they're talking about.

exactly! you seem to be insulting people simply because they dont have the same taste in music than you.

Archived