What if Green Day never came back?

justcause

Didn't Billie Joe once say something like "The only way someone's gonna leave this band is in a body bag."? I'm not worried about Green Day ending, I think it's highly unlikely. To me, the Foxboro thing doesn't make new GD material less likely, it shows that they are back in the creative process of making music and closer to a new 'proper' album.

Just as The Network was a bi-product of all the musical energy leading up to American Idiot, the fabulous Foxies is a bi-product of the new GD stuff. Billie Joe has said they have 40-50 songs, so they must already have plenty of material to work on. I think people are getting a tad paranoid about this because there's been a 3 1/2 year gap since AI, but there was a 4 year gap between Warning and AI!

I'm glad they're taking their time to make a quality record, and FHT only shows that they clearly don't want to stop and the creative juices are definitely flowing.

agreed

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest billy024

ah, i agree.

but it kinda makes me sad.

just because i know that if they take so much time into making it a great album,

and if there aren't any hits, and it's a commercial failure.

then they just wasted a whole lot of time.

ah, i agree.

just because i know that if they take so much time into making it a great album,

Have a little faith.

fht will only be around for one album and maybe play a few shows ever 5 years or so like pinhead.

green day will be around until the day tre goes bungee jumping off a bridge and gets hit by a bus, it has been foretold

I still think gaps between albums are blown way out of proportion. They tour long after the album comes out, and once that's over, they rest a bit. What does everyone expect? Bands to shack up in the middle of nowhere and do nothing but constantly write and record?

more green day

more albums

more ''unknown'' bands

Yes please

whoa whoa whoa

did i just get slained by a noob

kelso no play like that

no, it was for the 2 above you, but u managed to squeeze in a post right as i was typing.

omg omg omg nooooooooo, green day are the best and always have been, they are the ones ive followed ever since i heard the word music, not foxboro hot tubs, even its green day, but they will come back and they will change the world!!!!!

GREEN DAY FOR LYK \m/ whos with me?????

I still think gaps between albums are blown way out of proportion. They tour long after the album comes out, and once that's over, they rest a bit. What does everyone expect? Bands to shack up in the middle of nowhere and do nothing but constantly write and record?

I was thinking about this the other night. The tour finished in early 2006 I believe. Then they rested, and if i remeber correctly it was the end of the summer they started working. So it has barely even been 2 years, and they may have written some stuff on tour, but they might have scrapped that, so it hasn't actually been that long.

I hope we'll have Green Day a few more years... If not, I will come to them and do some things with which you can watch on The Passion Of The Christ :lol:

I hope we'll have Green Day a few more years... If not, I will come to them and do some things with which you can watch on The Passion Of The Christ :lol:

:o

So shocking? I'm a satanist, so... :lol: :wink:

no it's not that,

i've never seen that movie actually.

but if it's torture of some sort i don't think the boys deserve that just because they don't want to make records anymore.

no it's not that,

i've never seen that movie actually.

but if it's torture of some sort i don't think the boys deserve that just because they don't want to make records anymore.

Once I told my friends what I would exactly do... No, I'm just kidding, I loveto hurt but not in that way^^

Once I told my friends what I would exactly do... No, I'm just kidding, I loveto hurt but not in that way^^

oh so you'd rather hurt people mentally & emotionally then?

okay...

*changing subject*

oh so you'd rather hurt people mentally & emotionally then?

okay...

*changing subject*

I'm not known for hurting everyone... No, not that way... I'm a good girl... For everyone...^^

I'm not known for hurting everyone... No, not that way... I'm a good girl... For everyone...^^

it's the "not in that way" part that i'm stuck on

To be honest, I think it would be better if they didn't come back.

it's a debateable and a touchy concept at this point.

Why?

ah, i agree.

I don't think at this point that they would really give a shit if the next album doesn't have hits and isn't successful commercially. It would hardly be "a waste of a whole lot of time" if they are happy with it regardless of how well or badly it sells.

I would prefer it to be a critical success and less of a commercial success. Fewer apeshit fans.

i don't care if it's a success at all!

i just want to listen to my music and not give a fuck about what anyone else thinks at this point.

Archived