What if Green Day never came back?

justcause

as long as they only change their name and not stop making the green day music... that'd be okay i guess ^^

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I think it speaks for itself.

Some of the fans will GENUINELY treat the day they break up as one of the saddest days of their lives.

Or obsessive fans of any band really.

No, I think it speaks for itself.

Some of the fans will GENUINELY treat the day they break up as one of the saddest days of their lives.

Lots of fans are like that about different bands, it's happened throughout the history of popular music and will continue to do so. The Beatles, Take That ffs, it happens, fans get attached, but not all fans react like this.

I for one will not consider the band splitting or calling it a day as the 'saddest day of my life'. Jay i'm one of these so called obsessive fans ffs, seriously stop generalising.

as long as they only change their name and not stop making the green day music... that'd be okay i guess ^^

Awesome sig. :lol:

:lol:

Reality is gonna be a HUGE shock for you!

you are right

infact you all are

i am just being a stupid 15 year old

i havent been able to grasp reality yet

hopefully one day i will

but the the time being i will cherish my childish ignorance of the real world

Lots of fans are like that about different bands, it's happened throughout the history of popular music and will continue to do so. The Beatles, Take That ffs, it happens, fans get attached, but not all fans react like this.

I for one will not consider the band splitting or calling it a day as the 'saddest day of my life'. Jay i'm one of these so called obsessive fans ffs, seriously stop generalising.

I'm so glad you have your head screwed on.

I thought it was clear Jay only meant the obsessive ones, had he meant them all, that would include himself in one way or another.

I'd be terrible if they did that. But I don't think they would give up on being Green Day anyway. Most bands would kill for a back catalogue like they have

I thought it was clear Jay only meant the obsessive ones, had he meant them all, that would include himself in one way or another.

NO....Really? :lol:

but the the time being i will cherish my childish ignorance of the real world

Seriously, do that. Being an adult sucks.

you know, I keep going to answer this and then keep changing my mind. I do NOT think this is the end of green day. I find this almost laughable when I see how much fun they are having right now but I will answer any way.

the simple answer is.... tough shit. if they decide to end it... not a lot we can do about it. I just hope they decide to say "enough is enough. we cant do it any more." rather than it turn it into a public bitch fest as all too many bands do.

as it is... so we have the tubbies to listen to.. thats doesnt in any way mean that green day have finished! rumours of them splitting up have come up for years! even before I got into them.

they`ll finish when they want to. if they do it after the tubbies...

after what we have had from them... well thank you guys! I have loved the music/loved the mystery/been driven insane by the rumours,lies and gossip,board arguments and invasions/I have your songs in my collection... there to go back to when I want to remember the past or when your songs (as they often do) evoke the feeling I had at certain times in my life.

music is a big part in a lot of peoples lives. for a reason. most of us cant express how we feel at any one time in a way that others can understand. music above any other art form is a simple way of explaining ourselves.

I can remember listening to local radio and having a note pad to hand because I wanted to get the names of all the songs that I liked! all the songs were old... but still meant something to me. didnt matter if they were cool or anything! I liked them. loved them! and probably still do in a lot of cases!

I love and respect the people who have made the music that have provided a sound track to my life. if they choose to finish.. so be it. I`d rather show gratitude for them expressing what I cannot than bitching about them stopping.

in some way i can agree with you.

but i think that green day should at least make one final record...i'd probably cry a bit after that, but as long as i knew that they'd still be making stuff under the radar (or just under a different name), i'd be okay.

it's too early for them to retire...

you know, I keep going to answer this and then keep changing my mind. I do NOT think this is the end of green day. I find this almost laughable when I see how much fun they are having right now but I will answer any way.

the simple answer is.... tough shit. if they decide to end it... not a lot we can do about it. I just hope they decide to say "enough is enough. we cant do it any more." rather than it turn it into a public bitch fest as all too many bands do.

as it is... so we have the tubbies to listen to.. thats doesnt in any way mean that green day have finished! rumours of them splitting up have come up for years! even before I got into them.

they`ll finish when they want to. if they do it after the tubbies...

after what we have had from them... well thank you guys! I have loved the music/loved the mystery/been driven insane by the rumours,lies and gossip,board arguments and invasions/I have your songs in my collection... there to go back to when I want to remember the past or when your songs (as they often do) evoke the feeling I had at certain times in my life.

music is a big part in a lot of peoples lives. for a reason. most of us cant express how we feel at any one time in a way that others can understand. music above any other art form is a simple way of explaining ourselves.

I can remember listening to local radio and having a note pad to hand because I wanted to get the names of all the songs that I liked! all the songs were old... but still meant something to me. didnt matter if they were cool or anything! I liked them. loved them! and probably still do in a lot of cases!

I love and respect the people who have made the music that have provided a sound track to my life. if they choose to finish.. so be it. I`d rather show gratitude for them expressing what I cannot than bitching about them stopping.

i don't thin i could have put it any better. honestly.

so much to say, so little ways to form the words...

I don't know if you're responding to my original post, or some of the ones that followed and veered off in a different direction, but I wasn't suggesting that Green Day were splitting. I was playing around with the idea of identity. People have been going on about waiting for the 'real' Green Day record, and it made me wonder what exactly they define that as being - for sure, a lot of them don't think Stop Drop and Roll constitutes it.

I admit the title of the thread throws the cat among the pigeons to a certain extent, and that was intentional - just to get people to think about how they look at things. But it's also about how much I love the whole FHT thing, how it cut thru all of the bullshit and just let the music speak for itself.

i can't be the only one who gets confused when the "tubbies" are mentioned and think about the "Teletubbies"

i can't be the only one who gets confused when the "tubbies" are mentioned and think about the "Teletubbies"

Nope, makes me think of Tinky Winky every time :)

I glance through posts before i read them fully, and i seen the line "we still have the tubbies to listen to" and i was like..

O.o TELETUBBIES ARE GOIN' PUNK.. WHOAAA YEAHH :thumbsup:

*ahem wink ahem*

I don't know, really. I probably wouldn't be too thrilled about it, but I'd support them anyway.

I think I'd really miss them as Green Day, though. After all, without Green Day, none of these side projects would even be possible, and well... even if they happened, we probably wouldn't have a clue who they were in order to listen to them.

I really can't fathom the concept of 'no more Green Day' though. It seems outlandish to consider just yet. Especially with that new headline for NME.

For some reason, i'm pretty sure that even if this album we've been waiting so long for DOES come out, it'll be the last. Sadly, in this day and age, 40 year olds don't fly with the young'uns.

If I'm being honest with myself, I wouldn't like it at all. As good as FHTs might be, or any other GD alter-ego band that could come in the future, it's Green Day's music I fell in love with... not a sideband. I'm probably wording this all wrong but I don't know how to describe it.

If I'm being honest with myself, I wouldn't like it at all. As good as FHTs might be, or any other GD alter-ego band that could come in the future, it's Green Day's music I fell in love with... not a sideband. I'm probably wording this all wrong but I don't know how to describe it.

no i get what u mean.

its kind of a hard concept to talk about at this point...i mean, the fact that we're all pumped up & ready for a new album (and the fact that FHT is right around the corner), it seems like green day would never fade completely.

and the "40-yr old" thing...i agree with that as well. I remember when i got into green day i was like "they're 35? no way!" my mom always says they look like they haven't aged in 15 years...but what does she know anyway?

what im saying is, to hardcore fans like us, green day won't ever completely go away- be it we listen to albums on repeat or listen to side bands- compared to people on the other side, who already think green day has split. It's all based on what you know and how strong of an attachment you have to the band.

like i bet there's people who still listen to the Beatles or something, and they still love them as if the albums were released a year ago.

i can't explain it...

Honestly, I don't think I'd care much as long as it's the same people

putting out music.

I would be sad

basically because everyday I anticipate the day we hear more and more news on their new GD album

to find out they are no more would be like well pfft i drained my soul for nothing

i'm..half serious about this post lol

I would be sad

basically because everyday I anticipate the day we hear more and more news on their new GD album

to find out they are no more would be like well pfft i drained my soul for nothing

i'm..half serious about this post lol

i probably would be half serious if i posted that too.

but i highly doubt they'd stack up all this anticipation just to say "*upft* okay we're done here".

Archived