Working Class Hero

Fuzz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, I hate that my first post here in a millennia is somewhat bashing... oh well. :P

Good to see you again.

I listen to the preview it doesn't sound to great to me. :down:

i absolutely love it.

whenever it comes available to buy, i'm going to buy it. yay.

I just got an email from their manager. He confirmed that the song would be released monday, and even more excitingly, he told me the guys will start recording the music video next week with Sam Bayer directing. He'll get back to me with a date when the video will premiere.

!!!

I just got an email from their manager. He confirmed that the song would be released monday, and even more excitingly, he told me the guys will start recording the music video next week with Sam Bayer directing. He'll get back to me with a date when the video will premiere.

:woot:

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

!!!

The video totally excites me. Sam Bayer does not. :/

Thanks for the info Andres. :)

I think Sam Bayer will do a good job. I like his sort of "off-beat" style of directing, though some things don't work.

Hmmm..I just listened to it. Uhmm..I dont like it too much :/

i agree. from what i heard it sounds.........i dunno how to explain it. i'll have to listen to the whole song. hopefully i'll like it cz i wasn't sure about 'the saints are coming' when it first came out and now i love it!!

Good to see you again.

Why thank you Andres! The past 8 months have been absolutely insane for me. I moved across the country to Vancouver and I am going to Vancouver Film School studying Acting for Film and TV. It's a blast, but its a lot of hard work and dedication, not to mention pouring my heart out to my class constantly and being ripped to shreds by my instructors. As a side not, for part of my audition tape for school I had someone record me singing Holiday at an awesome Karaoke bar. LOL

Good to be back, don't know how often I'll be posting, but I do check GDA daily for news. On that note, can't wait to see what's up with the Network. After John Roecker joined the band he told me they were working on a new album, so I've got my fingers crossed on that. I also just got an email from him confirming that Heart Like A Hand Grenade will indeed be out this year (praise Satan, he said).

Missed you all.

Cheers,

Mikey

I read GDA and I got all excited, I thought this was a new album or something haha damn

Oh well the cover preview sounds cool.

doesn't this sound kinda like.....nickelback..?

Poop@yer face.

Not too pleased about Sam Bayer directing the video, but they sounded great in the clip.

doesn't this sound kinda like.....nickelback..?

As a matter of fact, no. Not at all.

*edit* Sorry, Last Caress--didn't realize you'd just made the same quote. :P

Thanks Andres for the update. I think Sam Bayer will do a good job. I hope Green Day feature a lot in the video. That's about the only thing I wasn't as happy about with WMUWSE and JOS because there really wasn't much Green Day in them, whereas Holiday, BOBD and American Idiot were great because they were in virtually every frame. I can never get too much Green Day. I'm so looking forward to this. It will be brilliant brilliant brilliant! :wink:

!!!

:woot: That is the best news I've heard in a long while :bunny:

I agree with you Sydneygirl. Not enough Green Day in the Jesus and September videos. I really hope we got to see a lot of them in this new video!

from what i heard in the preview, i think they've done a freakin amazing cover! i'm a huge Beatles/Lennon fan and that song has always been one of my faves...i've been dying to see how their version would sound and what they would do with it. now i can't freakin wait til the 30th to hear the whole thing!

I was going to try and hold off on listening to it until Monday.. but I couldn't resist. I downloaded the original Working Class Hero by Lennon, listened to it (for the first time) & directly after, listened to the Green Day one. My first thought was "It's not acoustic!?" My second thought was "Damn, I don't care if it's not acoustic... covers are supposed sound different (in a good way) than the original!" Can't wait until Monday...

think that they will have it out by 4 AM Monday!?

It sounds great. Not quite as good as The Voice of God :dry: , but pretty darn good.

psshh not as good as the voice of god eh? well he is the voice of god so whatever your trying to say...

anywho think its amazing! its a good job! cant wait for monday wich means this is going to be a slow weekend for me. :D super happy though cant wait for the video!

Archived