Working Class Hero

Fuzz

lame to help a good cause or lame because you dont like the song? jw.

I dont like the song, fair do's if its for a good cause, but this is the second song on the trot from them that i just can't be arsed with.

I really hope that this is not the case in future.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read a scathing review of the song in NME.

It was short but basically it said that it was "The worst idea ever" and "Laughable even from a band who released an album called Kerplunk"...

If anyone wants it I'll probably have scans tomorrow,but its pretty venimous :dry:

It was short but basically it said that it was "The worst idea ever" and "Laughable even from a band who released an album called Kerplunk"...

If anyone wants it I'll probably have scans tomorrow,but its pretty venimous :dry:

It's the NME, their opinion is worth jack shit. They only care about 'nu-rave' and 'indie-rave'!

Well , that just shows how wrong the NME can be. It always did have a lot of stupid opinions.

The song is brilliant. I still can't stop listening to it.

now what was that quote Mike came out with about people and opinions?? :P

whether fans love it or hate it, it will hopefully raise a sizable sum of money for Amnesty and their work in Dafur and help hight light the situation.

as for those worrying about this being some kind of sign of what the band intend to do in the future? yes, they probably will do more covers in the future, be more active and public about supporting charities and causes they believe in. that wont stop them though from recording, releasing and promoting their own music in the future. whether you like it is something you will have to wait and see. whatever they put out, THEY will believe in it and if you arent up for it then so be it.

I'd like to see it - I was interested to see how this song would float, and the couple of reviews I've read online have been lukewarm, 'it's for a good cause' type of thing. I'd like to know if this writer has anything to back up his/her critique, or just a couple of variations on 'it sux'. If there's nothing more, then 'laughable from a magazine that couldn't climb far enough up the collective asses of Green Day and U2 when they got an exclusive on Saints Are Coming', springs to mind, lol!

I'd like to see it - I was interested to see how this song would float, and the couple of reviews I've read online have been lukewarm, 'it's for a good cause' type of thing. I'd like to know if this writer has anything to back up his/her critique, or just a couple of variations on 'it sux'. If there's nothing more, then 'laughable from a magazine that couldn't climb far enough up the collective asses of Green Day and U2 when they got an exclusive on Saints Are Coming', springs to mind, lol!

:lol: Hahaha

They just couldn't reach Kerrangs level of sucking up :happy:

Hopefully ill get it tomorrow,if I remember, I can't find any traces of it on their website...

Its short but the reviewer is pretty blunt and to the point.

If i remember rightly the review also called John Lennon 'boring' lol, so i highly doubt it's just Green Day they're 'attacking'. I hate NME anyways, i prefer Kerrang.

when ever anybody posts, or says anything to the media, or even in our day to day lives.... there will always be detractors. some say it sucks. some day it rules big time. some like the original song but not this version.

so what? if you like the song and green days version, great! if you like the song but not their version, but like or support the cause, then donate direct to amnesty.

this has been done because it was the best way the band thought they could support publically this issue.

every musician starts out by playing songs written by other musicians. we all know we have songs that are precious to us, but we dont actually own those songs!

I have seen people/bands or whatever do versions of songs that I love and I cringe! but I couldnt ever take the first step they have so why should I bitch?

as for which mag is right?

I`d rather listen myself and see if I can connect for myself than rely on any magazine for my opinion.

we need to step away.. in fact. we need to take a running jump away from what the media says about most issues.

give me facts. give me info. then let me decide for myself.

then I can live with it.

i don't see how people hate it! but whatever...that's their opinion.

oh my god is awesome to see you guys arguing for just 1! song this is the real love

to our gods GREEN DAY!!! :lol: we care a lot of them they're awesome :wub:

Did you enjoy Green Day's cover of "Working Class Hero."

Personally, I liked it more then the original. A lot more energetic and Billie's voice sound dead on.

Awesome.

Let me know.

yea i thought it was pretty good,

i just finished downloading it:)

And I can't wait for the album :P

at last, idiot club has properly been updated! they just need to do the Q+A! When does the CD with the other bands doing covers come out?

at last, idiot club has properly been updated! they just need to do the Q+A! When does the CD with the other bands doing covers come out?

i've heard 12 June

I just heard the song for the first time today (thanks Beth). And I loved it :D .

I love the song. That day they played it on the radio all of teenie hell broke loose.

I love the song. That day they played it on the radio all of teenie hell broke loose.

:lol::lol:

It`s an ideal song for frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, whose haunting vocal leaves no doubt that he was meant to sing angry couplets like, "Keep you doped on religion and sex and TV/And you think you`re so clever and classless and free," which still ring true today, perhaps more than ever.

'Haunting vocal' sounds about right. I'm still loving this song. Thanks for posting Susanne. :)

I like it more and more everytime i listen to it.

Archived