Working Class Hero

Fuzz

Mine too, Pat! I keep listening to it over and over again! Man, this weekend will go soooo slow. I wish I could put it on fast forward to Monday. :P

Maribel :wub:

:happy: Yeah, Im doing the same: listening it again and again and again :) I love how it sounds: strong!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maribel :wub:

:happy: Yeah, Im doing the same: listening it again and again and again :) I love how it sounds: strong!!

It sounds great. Not quite as good as The Voice of God :eyebrows: , but pretty darn good. :thumbsup:

Cant wait for the whole thing!

Billie's voice it's self doesn't sound different to me; you can tell it's his (he has very distinct vocals. Sign of a good one :D:thumbsup: ), but he's using it differently. I really love what they've done with the song so far... it sounds freaking awesome. They always seem to do great covers (better ones when they're alone to do their own thing). Billie's vocals don't surprise me much anymore; I've seen his hidden talent, while some people who say he has an OKAY voice, I'll disagee. I've heard him immitate Billy Idol, Brian Johnson, and others, and it was GOOD. Very unique vocalist. Very great band; most bands only blend a handful of influences into them (usually ones of their genre), but Green Day blend many... Loves them to death!

I like what I hear so far. I don't think his voice sounds different, either. On AI (the album), his voice varies a lot over the course of the album--he sings in a wide range of octaves. So it isn't a new thing for him to sing in a lower voice than on the early albums.

I hope the song gets lots of radio airplay, but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.

It sounds greeat, but I agree, Billie's voice sounds different. Im not saying that in a bad way though.

Wow April 30th, cant wait!!

Did you really have to say that?

I didn't have to,I just felt like saying it,and i'm taking it back.....:P no,seriously,it was just a first thought.....

Billlie's voice sounds amazing, just totally blew me away. Can't wait to buy it!

It sounds great.

And this is coming from a huge Lennon fan who hates any cover versions of any of his songs.

Hey, something new at last.

I knew there's got to be something great :eyebrows:

Nobody can't do a bad song from John Lennon's original fantastic version.

And Green Day.... They made it... according to that clip. Very exciting :thumbsup:

Oh, sorry, forgot: Billie's voice is something.... deeper and greater :P

I knew it would be great - I just didn't know what kind of great! Fuck, a tiny clip and I could see fucking huge vistas of the new album, like looking thru a keyhole. So fucking exciting!!! :)

^I totally agree with you Angeline :)

It sounds great. Not quite as good as The Voice of God :eyebrows: , but pretty darn good. :thumbsup:

Cant wait for the whole thing!

:eyebrows: :wink:

It sounds so strong, so deep!! I just realize how I was wanting some new song from them (even not being a 'new' song): I feel so excited about to listen it for the first time!! Its always so unique the first time.....

ohmygosh.!!.

it sounds soo good.!!.

i actually like it a lottt.

&hearing a new song well cover song anyways. from them is pretty amazingg. haha.

i can't wait for the whole thing to come out

:)

I loved it of course. I loved Billie Joe's voice.

But I was a little disturbed by the bigness and sort of uh, how shall I say it, pomposity is not the right word because it's too harsh, but it has that kind of arena-rock grandiosity in the guitar sound. The Saints Are Coming had some of that too, but I thought that came from U2's contribution to the song, since it was more like U2's sound in that respect.

I loved it of course. I loved Billie Joe's voice.

But I was a little disturbed by the bigness and sort of uh, how shall I say it, pomposity is not the right word because it's too harsh, but it has that kind of arena-rock grandiosity in the guitar sound. The Saints Are Coming had some of that too, but I thought that came from U2's contribution to the song, since it was more like U2's sound in that respect.

Really? First thing I heard was their roots in metal, I think it's gritty and as I said in another post, industrial. It's a big sound, but it has depth and intensity, it's not just empty air. With Saints, I felt over-production going on, in the sense that it cushions the sound and the impact too much, curves what should be angular and strident. This is a dark, metal dirge - it connects with the bitterness and pain of the original and amplifies it. I love it. :)

Really? First thing I heard was their roots in metal, I think it's gritty and as I said in another post, industrial. It's a big sound, but it has depth and intensity, it's not just empty air. With Saints, I felt over-production going on, in the sense that it cushions the sound and the impact too much, curves what should be angular and strident. This is a dark, metal dirge - it connects with the bitterness and pain of the original and amplifies it. I love it. :)

I don't disagree. I do think it has depth and intensity, and that it's not empty. But it is big, very big. That's not a bad thing in itself, just not what I expected from Green Day or what I think they're best at. Or what I personally like, which may really be all it comes down to. They're so good when they're scrappy and have that immediacy that is their trademark. I do love this, but dark metal dirges are not really what I look for from them, or what I like, I guess. Brain Stew is one of my least favorite Green Day songs.

I'm not really familiar with the original, but i love the sound of this. i mean, i've heard the song before of course, but i had no realtionship with it.

i can't wait for monday to roll around. ^^ it's going to be a slooow weekend.

That's awesome :D great song... great voice... great sound... yay!!!! :woot::wub: it is different from their normal sound, but I like it, and it suits the song better than a full on punk thrash out if u get what I mean

i like it :)

i wonder if the new album will sound anyhting like this...

I don't disagree. I do think it has depth and intensity, and that it's not empty. But it is big, very big. That's not a bad thing in itself, just not what I expected from Green Day or what I think they're best at. Or what I personally like, which may really be all it comes down to. They're so good when they're scrappy and have that immediacy that is their trademark. I do love this, but dark metal dirges are not really what I look for from them, or what I like, I guess. Brain Stew is one of my least favorite Green Day songs.

I think American Idiot changed everything - it opened so many creative avenues and experimented with so many genres that I think 'expect the unexpected' is gonna be the rule of thumb. What you say interests me in the sense that I wonder how much latitude fans are prepared to give a band before they think it sounds too different from what they originally liked.

Personally, I find it exhilarating when an artist is prepared to just keep going forward into new territory, but I have to also say that my taste in music is pretty broad. Metal can be shite, but metal can be fucking glorious.

I also love Insomniac so much - aw, best not to get me started on it at all, lol! :)

Sounds pretty great! I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

I'm curious to see the video too, when it comes out. :D

The more i hear that little preview the more i get EXCITED!!! :woot::woot:

Cant wait!! :woot::happy:

Archived