So... Where did Green Day go?

Havoc

Yeah, but hey. We don't know what Tre acts like behind closed doors. People know how to have fun and act like children, and then switch gears and act like adults. I think Tre is one of those people.

^hear hear! I think thats whats he's like.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but hey. We don't know what Tre acts like behind closed doors. People know how to have fun and act like children, and then switch gears and act like adults. I think Tre is one of those people.

i agree...people who've met him said he's really shy...but hes also human, no one can be like that all day :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should read this before you bitch.

Umm. It just took me to this thread.

Anyhoo, I don't see the point in making the same type of thread, that we have discussed to death, with a different title.

I know the NRDC isn't causing harm, but I think it would have been more effective if they did it a litte while after the new album was put out. I think it's more of just bad timing. Although, I support what they're doing, and think it's great they're speaking-up for what they belive, but lots of people are going to ignore what they're trying to do because of the new album wait. If they did it, say a few months after the new album was put out, they would get a lot more people to help.

Umm. It just took me to this thread.

Anyhoo, I don't see the point in making the same type of thread, that we have discussed to death, with a different title.

It takes you to a certain post. :wink:

I know the NRDC isn't causing harm, but I think it would have been more effective if they did it a litte while after the new album was put out. I think it's more of just bad timing. Although, I support what they're doing, and think it's great they're speaking-up for what they belive, but lots of people are going to ignore what they're trying to do because of the new album wait. If they did it, say a few months after the new album was put out, they would get a lot more people to help.

I think people should stop waiting for the new album - I think it's gonna take as long as it takes, to be what they want it to be. That being the case, what date could they set for doing the NRDC thing?

And they want to stop global warming and the oil thing and stuff, but don't they carry all their equiptment for concerts in big trucks or buses? And then they ride in a tour bus. Do they realize that they're kind of being hypocrites by doing what they want to stop? Anyway, my point is they're musicians, not super-hero politions.

Maybe that is their way of equalizing their situation. They kind of have to use buses, trucks etc.

The only other option I can think of is if they put all of their gear on a boat, and just sailed places. But that can only go so far.

They probably know that they aren't being quite environmentally friendly, and that is why they are taking a stand and choosing to educate.

Billie did buy a more fuel-efficient car. That counts.

I think people should stop waiting for the new album - I think it's gonna take as long as it takes, to be what they want it to be. That being the case, what date could they set for doing the NRDC thing?

I'm not quite sure what exactly you're asking.. Do you mean like when should they have done the NRDC thing?

we dont know what the band have done in private to off set the damage caused by the tour buses and lorries. and we dont have a clue how thye will deal with the situation in the future. just because they havent done the things some other bands have done to deal with this situation, doesnt mean that they havent done anything or wont in the future.

and have you done anything to off set the damage you do to the climate? ask yourself that before bitching at the band.

I'm not quite sure what exactly you're asking.. Do you mean like when should they have done the NRDC thing?

Yeah - you were saying they'd get more people to help if they did it after the new album comes out, but there's no guarantee of when that will be; in the meantime, the world's melting!

It takes you to a certain post. :wink:

Ok. I got it.

So this thread is approved. It still doesn't change my opinion. He could have gotten an idea of what people think on this subject by simply reading past threads. Now I have to chill here all night.

we dont know what the band have done in private to off set the damage caused by the tour buses and lorries. and we dont have a clue how thye will deal with the situation in the future. just because they havent done the things some other bands have done to deal with this situation, doesnt mean that they havent done anything or wont in the future.

and have you done anything to off set the damage you do to the climate? ask yourself that before bitching at the band.

Edit: Nevermind. That was cleared up. So I'll just turn this into a relpy.

Exactly. Green Day have been known to do things out of the spotlight that plainly benefit people. Whether it's helping out sick kids or donating. I'm sure this is the same case. They don't have to tell everybody when they do something good.

I'm not bitching at the band. As I said in another post, I think they just had bad timing putting out their NRDC ad, but it's great they are standing up for what they want. And I was just wondering if they have done anything with the whole bus thing, because we know that those buses aren't helping their cause. Maybe they have done something about it? We don't know.

And by the way, I have done somethings to help with their cause. I'm not old enough to drive yet, but when I am, I'm not going to drive until I have enough money to buy a hybrid car. And as for my parents who drive, I have tryed to convince them to buy a hybrid car, but they won't. I can't change what they do though obviously. I've also been trying to get my mom and dad to not drive as many places, but that too has failed.

And I've been trying to get other people to help by telling them about the cause.

Yeah - you were saying they'd get more people to help if they did it after the new album comes out, but there's no guarantee of when that will be; in the meantime, the world's melting!

Well, I'm sure waiting however long it would have taken to get the new album out wouldn't have hurt. I mean waiting maybe a year, or a year and a half wouldn't have made the world be destroyed. Global warming isn't that bad.

I don't care what you people think, but I'd rather have them be immature than be all serious and boring.

if you look at bands like AFI, there's a lot more drastic change than in green day.

i think their political approach to music is totally acceptable.

although one BJ's comment bothered me a lot:

in bullet in a bible he says "this is a big fuck you to all the politicians!"

all of them? that's a little harsh. well, maybe the government of the States is really just full of scumbags. but then again, the concert was at Milton Keynes, UK, not states..

I don't care what you people think, but I'd rather have them be immature than be all serious and boring.

I think that they should be both mixed. Like 50% serious, 50% immature. I love it on stage, or in interviwes and things when the guys do something funny or immature, but when it comes to standing up for what they believe, then, they should be serious.

he's not actually and proablly will never be

:lol:

Thats what I thought when I read that too, but I figured I wouldn't say anything :ph34r:

As I said, it's probably just because they have children, wives, and responibilities now.

It must be harder for them to go on tour for months on end when they want to spend time with their growing children. They're still the same people at heart, they're just growing up.

And maybe burning out.

I can agree with that. But I also kind of think that Billie Joe(not so much Mike or Tre) is being really influenced by Bono. I don't know if it is a good or bad thing just yet. :/

he's not actually and proablly will never be

Well its her opinion. Let her say that she thinks Tre is one of the bestest people ever. Everyone here thinks differently.

Archived