So... Where did Green Day go?

Havoc

Well its her opinion. Let her say that she thinks Tre is one of the bestest people ever. Everyone here thinks differently.

Nah

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its her opinion. Let her say that she thinks Tre is one of the bestest people ever. Everyone here thinks differently.

Not everyone, some people think that because they're in a band they're some sort of Gods, when they're not.

Not everyone, some people think that because they're in a band they're some sort of Gods, when they're not.

As well as those people who love and respect them after good amounts of calculation.

Vanessa, I dont think my last post made much sense :/ what i mean is that everyone has different opinions. If she wants to say that Tre is the best person ever since the thread starter called him horrible, then go right ahead. But she doesnt need people going "no he's not." just because thats what they think. I'm not saying saying that Tre is the best person ever, but this is not a who the best person ever thread.

Sorry if that doesnt make sense :/

Vanessa, I dont think my last post made much sense :/ what i mean is that everyone has different opinions. If she wants to say that Tre is the best person ever since the thread starter called him horrible, then go right ahead. But she doesnt need people going "no he's not." just because thats what they think. I'm not saying saying that Tre is the best person ever, but this is not a who the best person ever thread.

Sorry if that doesnt make sense :/

I know YOU weren't saying he was the "bestest person ever", but some people think that these guys are Gods, and that's not really healthy. :/

I know YOU weren't saying he was the "bestest person ever", but some people think that these guys are Gods, and that's not really healthy. :/

They're just being kids. I'm sure they don't really idolize them in that respect. If they do, then yes, that's unhealthy, but mostly it's just joking around.

Its not... But theres not much we can do about.

I do hope Billie doesnt go all Bono on us though.

although one BJ's comment bothered me a lot:

in bullet in a bible he says "this is a big fuck you to all the politicians!"

all of them? that's a little harsh. well, maybe the government of the States is really just full of scumbags. but then again, the concert was at Milton Keynes, UK, not states..

Politicians of any party always leave offiec richer than they came.

Why spend all that money to be a politician that makes 150,000 per year.

They are out to screw us somewhere down the line.

"Where did Green Day Go?"

Hey Asshole, they didn't go anywhere.

Sure they changed along with their music, but I still think they are pretty kick ass no matter what anyone says.

And what is it with the hits to their personalities?

Tre is the same way he was 10 years ago, so what the hell?

Along with all the "political bullshit", they are concerned about our crappy government and enviroment and I admire them for expressing their opinions instead of just sitting around and smoking pot.

Not to mention that they are all thirty-fucking-four year olds with kids.

They had to grow up eventually, but they still know how to have fun.

"Where did Green Day Go?"

Hey Asshole, they didn't go anywhere.

Sure they changed along with their music, but I still think they are pretty kick ass no matter what anyone says.

And what is it with the hits to their personalities?

Tre is the same way he was 10 years ago, so what the hell?

Along with all the "political bullshit", they are concerned about our crappy government and enviroment and I admire them for expressing their opinions instead of just sitting around and smoking pot.

Not to mention that they are all thirty-fucking-four year olds with kids.

They had to grow up eventually, but they still know how to have fun.

Shut up, and go back to the sewers you came from :)

are you one of those people that thinks they're superior to people because they hate the "new" green day?

news for you. green day didn't go anywhere. they make one different album and just because it's a hit with the mainstream, green day become a joke? i'm afraid i don't see the joke part there.

Shut up, and go back to the sewers you came from :)

Whatever happened to the "it's their opinion"- thing you preached about? Leave her be. She's allowed to call him an asshole. Freedom of speech.

You know, the thing the thread starter used when he called Billie Joe a joke, and Tre horrible.

Whatever happened to the "it's their opinion"- thing you preached about? Leave her be. She's allowed to call him an asshole. Freedom of speech.

You know, the thing the thread starter used when he called Billie Joe a joke, and Tre horrible.

I was relaying a message from someone else :lol:

She does have freedom of speach, but she don't have to be an idiot about it.

well its true

billie's a joke and tre's just a total dick

and mikes just cool cause bassist's arent total dicks

he said Mike's cool because he's hardly controversial.

well its true

Just because it's your opinion, doesn't mean it's true.

I was relaying a message from someone else :lol:

She does have freedom of speach, but she don't have to be an idiot about it.

Well, wednesday13 is being an idiot about it, but you aren't telling him to go back to his sewer.

No, I don't quite agree with you on part of what you said, Havoc. You see, I also think their older music is amazing. It's more the kind of music that I personally can relate to. But, with American Idiot, I think Green Day was the perfect band to write that kind of music; to make that big switchover. I don't agree with you when you said their lyrics aren't that great in AI; in fact, everytime I listen to those songs I get chills down my spine. The words they use are so forceful and inventive and true. Green Day wrote that album because they believed in something, and they put it into their songs. That album tells a story--it's literally a book in the form of 13 different songs. I've always been the kind of person to read between the lines, and if you read between the lines of AI, it tells a hell of a bigger story that makes such a huge statement that it cannot be ignored. It's too meaningful.

So where did Green Day go? They went to hell and back, and are much better for it. :thumbsup:

They're in my closet. :) But shh, dont tell.

:o Why wasn't I invited to the party in your closet?... :cry:

Well, wednesday13 is being an idiot about it, but you aren't telling him to go back to his sewer.

That's because that's who I'm relaying the message from :wink:

he said Mike's cool because he's hardly controversial.

no i like mike hes cool

Just because it's your opinion, doesn't mean it's true.

i wasnt in the thread at the time and yer i told vanessa the message and she thought it was funny and worth it so nerr

No, I don't quite agree with you on part of what you said, Havoc. You see, I also think their older music is amazing. It's more the kind of music that I personally can relate to. But, with American Idiot, I think Green Day was the perfect band to write that kind of music; to make that big switchover. I don't agree with you when you said their lyrics aren't that great in AI; in fact, everytime I listen to those songs I get chills down my spine. The words they use are so forceful and inventive and true. Green Day wrote that album because they believed in something, and they put it into their songs. That album tells a story--it's literally a book in the form of 13 different songs. I've always been the kind of person to read between the lines, and if you read between the lines of AI, it tells a hell of a bigger story that makes such a huge statement that it cannot be ignored. It's too meaningful.

So where did Green Day go? They went to hell and back, and are much better for it. :thumbsup:

I agree with you. :)

you mean, you didnt get your invite? :pinch: we've been waiting for you!

That's because that's who I'm relaying the message from :wink:

Ok. But you've made it clear that you agreed with him on the Billie and Tre thing- even though he used an even more offensive and stupid approach than she did. If you're gonna victimize someone for something, don't be biased. Either do it to everyone, or do it to no one.

Archived