Oasis says Green Day ripped them off

Fuzz

Maybe he's just a little bitter that Green Day managed to break out of the shadow of their biggest hit album, and they still haven't. Also he knows how big the band are, and saying something negative about them is bound to get him just a little attention.

Either way, i've never really seen the fascination with them myself. Personally i always thought they were kind of boring - 'Like watching paint dry' as Billie said. :)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit the chords are nearly identical, but really you can't get bitter at someone for using the same or similar chords as you did in your song. We're very limited into how many chords we can put together in western music, everything has been done before, mainstream or not, there are no new chord progressions anymore. Oasis do not own that set of chords, if it was sampled from the actual Oasis track, or is clearly stolen, like identical tempo and vocal melody, then yeh they have reason to be annoyed. The're just angry that Green Day are much more popular and are clearly better songwriters, and while Oasis do write a few good songs, i'm pretty certain they rip off other bands that are still alive. EDIT: ^^ Exactly.

The gallaghers rip into pretty much any one, so i don't even care about this.

They do. But I find them hilarious, especially Noel.

I am a big Oasis fan. I love Wonderwall too. But I honestly have never heard any similarties between them.

The Chords are similar but thats about it.

Noel is a great song writer. But, an arragant Bastard. I have the same accent as him though. :D

Meh... I still like 'em, they're my local band I guess.

Also (without sounding like i'm attacking Noel) he can hardly critasize anyone due to him admiting stealing alot of chords/rifts and stuff.

Just more Oasis banter :wub:

Not sure about the UK but Oasis hasn't had a hit in the states in forever.

I'm not sweating this comment, I mean after all this is comin from a guy who said his band was gonna be bigger than the Beatles. :lol:

I bet he wouldn't have said that if the BOBD/Wonderwall mix hadn't have been created.

This makes me laugh. Silly Oasis. I feel left out- Green Day has apparently ripped everyone off but me. haha

is there any particular reason he's waited over a year to say this?

noel gallacher has always been a gobby shite, but then, that's about all he's good at.

noel, get over yourself, everyone else already has.

Meh... I still like 'em, they're my local band I guess.

My local band is better than your local band :D

I bet he wouldn't have said that if the BOBD/Wonderwall mix hadn't have been created.

Yeah,exactly

But i wouldn't worry about it,its Noel Gallagher thats what he does,its like his job :D

Still adore Oasis though :happy:

I know the thread's a bit long to read through, but like I said earlier they are marketing their greatest hits album like mad right now for Christmas.

haha point proven

Why doesn't Green Day need to ripp off?

because they have enough of their own ideas

oh joy another outspoken "rock star" joins the bandwagon for green day bashing. this is getting tiresome. first it was john lydon, then some dude from the buzzcocks... then brandon fuckin flowers and now Noel Gallagher. yes the songs sound similar.. so what!

the guy is just saying this so he can get himself in the media again. loser

Green Day ripped off my knickers, but they looked pretty cute on Billie so I let it go.

lmao :lol: that's the kind of ripping off you want :eyebrows:

oh joy another outspoken "rock star" joins the bandwagon for green day bashing. this is getting tiresome. first it was john lydon, then some dude from the buzzcocks... then brandon fuckin flowers and now Noel Gallagher. yes the songs sound similar.. so what!

the guy is just saying this so he can get himself in the media again. loser

I agree. Who will be the next one that will ripped of Green Day?

because they have enough of their own ideas

So that's why they have 2 riffs that are very similar rhytmical and within the range of 1/2 step notewise from Wonderwall and The Passenger?

Noel should stop fucking himself up with booze, saying people stole his music and trying to be like the Beatles.

Maybe I know shit about it, but that's the way I see it.

So that's why they have 2 riffs that are very similar rhytmical and within the range of 1/2 step notewise from Wonderwall and The Passenger?

it's probably just a coincidence, i don't play guitar but i should think there are only so many different ways. even if it is the same, so what? Oasis don't have a patent on it and i'm sure in one of their songs is a part which sounds like a part from another song by a different artist. i couldn't care less to be honest, i like Green Day's music, i don't like Oasis' so i couldn't give a toss what Noel says

Archived