Green Day & U2 Nominated for another Grammy

woven_basketcase

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's hope none of the other contestants die, then we'll have a really good chance. you know how grammys like to take pitty on dead people. even if they sucked

I personally think that the Grammy Awards have become worse and worse over the years. Before, they used to be 'prestigious' and all that but, even though most people still take them as the most important and relevant music awards, I think they've come down, I mean, they've lost credibility,etc. Right now, they don't mean THAT much to me. For a start, there are many artists who end up winning awards when they definitely don't deserve them. There are many other artists out there who are much better than most of the nominees (at least in some categories). Secondly, artists tend to be nominated for categories they most surely don't belong to. And, of course, I find these awards are always (or almost) given to popular artists. It would be good to see some unknown artist (for most people) win an award at some point. I'm not saying the awards shouldn't be bestowed to popular artists, they should be given to those who really deserve them. I know this sort of statement sounds typical, but it's my point of view, and I'm not basing it on whether or not the artists I like are nominated (actually, some of them are). I understand not every single artist can be nominated, even if they deserve it, but still I feel like the nominees should vary a bit more.

Anyway, with all this I'm not saying anything against Green Day's nomination. I'm happy they've been nominated 'cause I like them and I like the actual song. And, even if I don't agree with the Grammy nominations, I will like to know who wins which Grammys. The fact that I don't like the way in which the Grammys are awarded doesn't stop me from getting informed about them, in that way (by getting informed) I can express my opinion in a more justified manner (I don't really try to know everything about them, only enough to state an opinion).

That's about it.

By the way, it would be great for Green Day to win the Grammy (although, I must say, it's true they may not deserve it as much as others, no matter how much we love them) as it's a way of acknowledging their work, but it's not the most important thing.

i agree the grammys are really going down hill

its not just popular artist its more mainstream major record lable

some of the bands they had werent really popular just majorly signed (if that makes anysense :/)

and please dont shoot me but i never really did get into that song

i think its the U2 i cant stand them :down:

Category: Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal

# My Humps

The Black Eyed Peas

Track from: Monkey Business

[A&M Records]

# I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Death Cab For Cutie

Track from: Plans

[Atlantic Records]

So I saw this on the nominations list and thought to myself that the grammys have truly lost all credibility.

Putting an outstanding song like I Will Follow You Into The Dark, against a song that I can only describe as rape of the ears is unforgiving.

Category: Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal

# My Humps

The Black Eyed Peas

Track from: Monkey Business

[A&M Records]

# I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Death Cab For Cutie

Track from: Plans

[Atlantic Records]

So I saw this on the nominations list and thought to myself that the grammys have truly lost all credibility.

Putting an outstanding song like I Will Follow You Into The Dark, against a song that I can only describe as rape of the ears is unforgiving.

My lovely lady lumps.... :bunny::banana:

My lovely lady lumps.... :bunny::banana:

LOL

@outsider: i guess you won't have to eat your bra!!!!!!! everybody loves the song and i really think they will win.(but if not i will 2!!!)

Gah, there are so many RHCP fans in my town and they act so superior all the time, like just loving some band makes their opinion on EVERYTHING valid or somethin... I really want GD & U2 to win over them all I'll be all "FUCK YOU YOUR BAND LOST" teehe...

^OK so I think my teenie streak just showed itself :P

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE RHCP but those annoying fuckers sorta sour the whole experience "oh I've been a fan longer than you" STFU!!!

Dani california has gotta be RHCP's most "pop" song :/ it sound so commercial, the rest of Stadium Arcadium is so much better.

But yeah, The Saints Are Coming pwns :D

yeah rhcp, are good.

but green day is better.

i cant remeber any other song of rhcp than dani california. whcih songs did they do before?! (ok this sounds like i'm totally stupid)

hey, folks did you recognize u2 is always very successful if they have other artists with them?!

just to mention, mary j. blidge and if you look at 18 singles back you also see maaaannnyy songs they play with others.

tsac just fucking rox!!! and it's also for helpless (new orleans)musician, wich makes it double worth.

Haha rape of the ears..so true! :thumbsup:

tht song is fukin awsum if they dont win well they will win!!!!!!

the onli comp i think 4 them will b rhcp!!!!! :P

^ because you can be at GDC, like GD, and still think another song should win.

and i think she said only competition. and she's right, too.

• 4 weeks later...

I know there have been other topics on the

Grammy Awards for 2007 but i wanted to know

how many of you thought that Green Day were

actually going to win.

You can also post here who you think shouldn't

win.

*I searched*

Archived