Brandon Flowers criticises Green Day

novacaine_kid

Wow, sounds like Brandon's got a big fucking mouth that he should probably keep quiet. He has no right to critisize Green Day, since he obviously doesn't understand what the album is about. It sounds to me like he just wants publicity when he talks shit about other bands, and he gets it, so he keeps doing it. Of course I could be wrong...

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice that Billie wrote the words "Don't wanna be an American IDIOT" not "Don't wanna be just a plain old American". There is a definite difference. Billie is critisizing some American politicians and the media, not America. He even says before "Holiday" in "Bullet In A Bible", "This song is not anti-American, it's anti-war!". Of course this Flowers guy has a right to his opinion, as we all do, but he says that his record is a way better example of America, than "American Idiot". It's one thing to critisize someone's work and opinion, it's another to say yours is better, just becuase your opinion differs from theirs. This man is a jealous bastard, and needs to WAKE UP and look around him and look at the world, and the terrible state it's in. As for the whole thing with the English kids at the "American Idiot" concert, the things Green Day plays music about, are really UNIVERSAL, which all good art should be. The story that is "American Idiot", can be applied to a lot of other countries and situations around the world, and I'm sure the U.K. could be one of them. Flowers is a "let's all be positive and pretend everything is ok" jerk. His Goddamn name is Flowers! o No matter what anyone says, we all know that "American Idiot" is practically a masterpiece, and there are way more fans than haters like this jerk.

brandon - read that ^

and come on, quit dissing bands. if you don't like them, don't listen to them... don't start talking shit about their songs and what they mean - because the only ppl who know what their song is really about are the songwriters themselves.. anyway, crack open a beer and chill, flowers!

this is your original post.

where in there did you say anything about getting their facts straight?

Ok, so I didn't elaborate at first, but you get me now, don't you?

When I first read the article, it really annoyed me, mostly the part about the DVD being "cheap" or something.

Now, that I think about it, it doesn't really matter. Its really stupid actually.

I am always talking shit about other bands, the only difference between me and Brandon, is that people actually listen to him. Thats the problem.

Has anyone noticed that there are a lot of no0bs commenting on this thread? Strangely, they actually make sense.

Has anyone noticed that there are a lot of no0bs commenting on this thread? Strangely, they actually make sense.

Yeah, I know eh? Because all noobs are completely stupid... :rolleyes:

Okay. American Idiot had been out two years. Bullet In A Bible has been out for nearly a year. Now, when his new album is coming out, he critizies Green Day. Where was this critizing a year or two ago? He just wants to promote his new album. In doing so, he has to bash other bands to make the album look good. Didn't he have a problem with another band not to long ago? I have no idea what this guy is thinking at all.

Oh, sorry. One more thing. American Idiot is about how the president sucks. It's no about how Americans are. Does that make any sense. So, that whole arguement is just went down the drain on this arguement. That is if anyone else agrees.

Sorry, I'm just sort of ranting on. So, if none of this makes sense, sorry once again.

Wow. I cant believe it, i mean, its almost, almost like I give a shit.

:D that made me laugh

Seriously, I think Brandon Flowers has a problem with everyone. I mean just now he solved his conflict with Pete Wentz. But then again, that's just his opinion, but in a way, it annoyed me how he said the killer's new cd was way better than American Idiot. I wonder if he ever listened to the cd? Because just so happens Mr. Flowers once had also dissed Panic! At The Disco and then later admitted that he never really listened to them.

It's not that I hate the killers because i will listen to them ocassionally and i do think they're good, but it's mainly Brandon Flowers that can get on my nerves. Sometimes there's always one band member that can get on anyone's nerves. There was also Tom Delonge and Pete Wentz, two very good examples. But anyways, it just annoys me a bit. It's like someone said before, why is he dissing BIAB NOW. It's been almost a year.

I like the Killer's music, but Brandon needs to fuck himself cuz if he calls paying for a stadium sized set AND a two day show for 65000 people a day cheap, he needs to be shot

woah..........i don't think I could have said it better. You fuckin rock n00b....lol

Dude, wtf. You have nine fucking posts; you're as much of a n00b as she is.

who care what that dipshit thinks about green day And Billie joe i think 99.9% if people would think that green day is better then that little turd anyway and he just cant acccept that he is no where near as good as them and he cant even get the show in england to be able to sing a song like american idiot he is to interested in telling people to not cheat of their wives in mexico and what sort of a fucking idiot has a fake beard on their face i mean what the hell is with that fugly little dipshit go and continue being huge in mexico and Australia coz they cant get a how in America USA or Europe or Asia fo that point but really who give A SHIT ABOUT WHAT THAT LITTTLE TURD THINKS ABOUT IT IT WAS THE BEST SELLING ALBUM OF THIS GENERATION AND THATS SAYING SOMETHING

another thing is Green day sold more american idiot cd's in Perth City western Australia then them little dipshits did over the whole world coz they cant do a album like american idiot and i look it up out of the 2albums they have they have only got a gold next to its name and Sam's Town or whateva has not even :down:

I'm not saying that I agree with Brandon Flower's comments, cause I don't but....

He most definitely has the RIGHT to say it, no matter what your opinion on it is.

You know, it's funny how fast this topic became huge. It's only been on for what, a day or two? and it already has 11 pages...

I watched bullet in a bible and it was hilarious. By the way is that his real name? Brandon Flowers???

I agree he does not give us Brits enough credit, we're involved too cos of Arsehole Bush/Blair. Thats what gives us the right to have an opinion. I've lost any respect I had for him.

What about Australians? Our pm Johnny does what ever George w is doing.

i like the killers but well i guess thats just his opinion.

theres heaps of people out there that dont like green day, he just happens to be famous.

hes just jealous that his band couldnt pull 130,000 people and i think that a very big majority of people there would known what american idiot meant and those who dont - well its there loss. and when the killers produce an album like american idiot and can sell out the same places as queen, u2, the rollingstones and coldplay or when they can be even in the same league as any of those bands then he can criticise green day. i love the killers music and would love to see them live but if the're going to be jerks well they can go and get fucked

Brandon Flowers...really...any criticism he makes is completely bullcrap...like, Green Day isn't the first band he's criticised...I think he wants The Killers to be the only band in the world 'coz no one's listening to them...he wants ATTENTION!

ell I must admit I'm a little disappointed, as I really like The Killers...

(I will never be able to listen to a killers song again without thinking, what a dumb fuck, that mister Flowers)

But then again as some wise people have said..... Who gives a shit!

shit theres heaps of new members here. :blink:

I know... :blink: I was just thinking the same thing.

American Idiot meens just as much to us brits if not more, we got dragged into this war by cousin George, were more pissed off than anybody.

Archived