Brandon Flowers criticises Green Day

novacaine_kid

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm sure i've mentioned this somewhere on here but i fucking HATE brandon flowers! he's such a bitch and has no place to critize other bands. um newsflash brandon, nobody gives a shit if you're "offended". he's just a pussy. shouldn't he be trying to make the killers sound better than to be bashing other bands albums? hmmm. i don't think the killers are that bad of a band, better than alot of the stuff around right now, but brandon flowers needs to keep his mouth shut man.

-and oh...no offence to anyone who likes the killers/brandon flowers....

I personally think this is complete bullshit and Flowers is jealous.

Anyone else think this guy needs to keep his ridiculous opinions to himself?

Agreed!!! I offically dislike "the killers" now. What a fuckwit.

well...uhh...I guess...we've run out of things to say now? I mean...what more is there to say...really...well...uhh anyone got any ideas? 'Cause I'm up for more talking about this...just...I got no clue waht to say. Boy, how interesting am I? :D

If you read the whole artical you'll see that Brandon Flowers never said he didn't like green day, he just dosen't agree with the decision to film BIAB in England. His reasoning for that is a little messed up though. He said that the people at the show in miltin keynes aren't taking american idiot the way that Billie Joe meant it. but how does he know that? Did he survey every person at the shows? My better instincts are telling me no. The bottom line is Brandon can say what he wants, but he should at least have the facts staight before he talks about a topic like that.

Brandon Flowers has done this before. He criticized Fall Out Boy and Panic!at the disco and then just recently apologized for it. I think he speaks before he thinks and perhaps is a bit arrogant. Will it keep me from listening to either band?? Nah, it's all just posturing on Flower's part and is water off a ducks back to Green Day I'm sure... :cool:

If you read the whole artical you'll see that Brandon Flowers never said he didn't like green day, he just dosen't agree with the decision to film BIAB in England. His reasoning for that is a little messed up though. He said that the people at the show in miltin keynes aren't taking american idiot the way that Billie Joe meant it. but how does he know that? Did he survey every person at the shows? My better instincts are telling me no. The bottom line is Brandon can say what he wants, but he should at least have the facts staight before he talks about a topic like that.

I think maybe he can read minds! Or...perhaps he knows what everyone at that concert was thinking because...uhh...I don't know...well anyway my point is...I AGREE! :D

Who knows, Green Day could have done it on purpose. I think it's sort've funny. But yeah I think its ok for him and whoever else wants to be offended be offended by this. You chose to be offended. People do stupid things. Get over it Brandon Flowers.

I don't care what that idiot thinks.Its his loss if he dose not want 2 listen 2 the record.

haha what a loser. what the fuck? i know my government sux, and UK kids have just as much right to say it as i do.

Eh. Let Brandon Flowers say what he wants. He might be just saying this because he wants people to think that becuase "Sam's Town comes from a more positive perspective of America" that it is better. You need to see the ugly side too. Anyway. Let him criticize Green Day. It's not like he can change anything, and he is entitled to his own opinion. It is possible that Brandon is confused himself about the real meaning behind American Idiot.

Personally I like the Killers and the fact that Brandons voice isnt all that great live because that means he doesnt lip sync or whatever but thats besides the point.

I guess he took the actual title American idiot to heart and the fact that Green Day played it for British people he thought that they were instilling that idea in their minds that Americans are stupid (which their not).

I dont think hes jealous and I still have respect for him because when everyone else went with the flow he opposed to it...so ya.

via

please dont hate me :unsure: I still LOVE :wub: Green Day to death.

Ok, so Brandon Flowers said that he hopes his new album "is a much better representation of America......I hope it's more of a positive place." Well, yeah, America is okay, but Billie Joe informed everybody about all of the problems it does have! He made people think a lot more about what's going on.

"Do I want to change the world with music? Well fuck yeah I want to change the world to a certain extent yeah. It needs to be changed....it needs a kick in the ass." ~ Billie Joe Armstong

Personally I like the Killers and the fact that Brandons voice isnt all that great live because that means he doesnt lip sync or whatever but thats besides the point.

I guess he took the actual title American idiot to heart and the fact that Green Day played it for British people he thought that they were instilling that idea in their minds that Americans are stupid (which their not).

I dont think hes jealous and I still have respect for him because when everyone else went with the flow he opposed to it...so ya.

via

please dont hate me :unsure: I still LOVE :wub: Green Day to death.

except one little fact that green day are americans.

i'm sure billie likes the freedoms of america just as much as the next guy, and he's using them how he wants. and hasn't he said before holiday, that it's not anti-american, it's anti-war. brandon can't expect people to always sing about the good stuff america has. he shouldn't listen to the album if he thinks of it that way.

I guess Brandon thought the group needed a little more press. Everyone knows that all you have to do is criticize Green Day and you'll be in all the magazines and newspapers. Poor Brandon.

dude should spend less time trying to be some sort of robert smith/bruce springsteen bastard child.

Archived