U2 to record with Green Day / Confirmed

Fuzz

i think it would be kinda cool to hear them record a

song togeather :cool: but thats just me :happy:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big fan of U2... I only like few songs. but I'm pretty sure that it will be great

(becouse of green day...) :)

By "both bands" i assume you mean Green Day and Bono.

Hahaha that's really funny :lol:

If it ends up to be true, I'd like to hear it, just because I'm curious about what it would sound like. I don't like U2... :/

This whole thing just seems weird to me. Wont they have double of every thing if they do that. 2 drummers, 2 basses, etc...

It'll be interesting if it happens. I admire Bono and U2 for their social activism, but I really never cared for Bono as a singer.

the comments people are postin on that announcement (link is in 1st post) are rather interestin...

I as insinuating that Bono is the only one in U2 'on the top of the world'

My thinking was that since U2 had the second biggest grossing tour last yr that they were on top of the world. (But maybe Bono is the only one and the Edge and the boys are not. :ermm:)

It also seems wrong that Green Day only raked in 36.5 Million while U2 made 260 Million.

I saw both shows. There was no comparison. :verymad:

that would be cool if it happened.

meh bono bothers me though. :/

i guess he's cool for all the charity that he does but i dunno....u2 is alright i guess. i don't like listening to them, they bore me. it'd be cool to see how the song turns out if they're really doing it.

doesnt really matter what we think of U2 if the band decide they want to record with them. its up to them after all.

Bono might have said this is going to happen... but when record companies get involved.. and you get all the legal thing going on, plus the egos of both bands... and who knows what else. who the hell knows what will happen?

this is still a rumour. yeah, Bono might well have said it! but until we have official news... its still a rumour. so get the knots out of your knickers about this. it wont matter one jot at the end of the day any way! if they want to do it, they will. no matter how much people bitch about it.

Oh god I hope not, I fucking hate U2 :dry: Guess it would be nice to hear some fresh Green Day stuff - maybe thats the big news the Idiot club are gunna post...

Oooh! I was right!! check out the idiot club!!!! it's trueeeeeeeeeee ha, and GDC got the news first :happy:

09/07/06

The Saints Are Coming

As promised, we are very proud to unveil the big news we've hinted at. In the coming weeks, we'll be going into the studio with U2 to record a cover of the song "The Saints Are Coming," which was originally recorded by Scottish punk band, The Skids. We were asked by U2 to record the song with them to benefit Music Rising (www.musicrising.org), an organization that replaces instruments musicians lost in Hurricane Katrina's wake. One year later, the devastation is still fresh in our minds, and we'd like to keep it in yours. New Orleans has always been a special city to us, being a hotbed of music and creativity, and it's hard to believe parts of the gulf region still remain devastated. We feel that it's important to continue to raise awareness.

Recently posted on Green Day.com -

As promised, we are very proud to unveil the big news we've hinted at. In the coming weeks, we'll be going into the studio with U2 to record a cover of the song "The Saints Are Coming," which was originally recorded by Scottish punk band, The Skids. We were asked by U2 to record the song with them to benefit Music Rising (www.musicrising.org), an organization that replaces instruments musicians lost in Hurricane Katrina's wake. One year later, the devastation is still fresh in our minds, and we'd like to keep it in yours. New Orleans has always been a special city to us, being a hotbed of music and creativity, and it's hard to believe parts of the gulf region still remain devastated. We feel that it's important to continue to raise awareness.

(I know there is already a thread talking about this being a possibility but I figured now that it's been confirmed there should be a new thread.....or you could just change the title of the other one :) )

Archived