Green Day's back-up vocalists

catholichornet

maybe you should have said that in the first place

just because other "punk" bands dont have many shouldnt limit how many green day have.

You're right in both things, maybe my post was a little confusing. :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

easily done mate. getting your ideas across sometimes is hard. which is why I tend to waffle a lot when I`m trying to explain exactly how I feel about things. somethings cant be explained properly in one sentance.... but posting a huge explaination can be just as confusing.

I think it should just be Mike doing the back up vocals, Green Day are known for being a trio and I think it should be emphasised by just them doing any singing, including Tre (however I admit for instruments being played that, as they can't play more then 3 instruments between them at a time, that can't be changed).

Plus I like being able to hear Mike's voice :)

i dont care. i love how they sound live so i dont care if its only mike or all 5 of them (its 5 right??)

i dont care. i love how they sound live so i dont care if its only mike or all 5 of them (its 5 right??)

No, there's up to six people at times, but only 5 of them sing (Tre sings sometimes).

Billie Joe, Mike, Tre, Jason White (Switches between rythmn and lead guitar), Jason Freeze (Piano, Trombone, Saxophone, Accordian), Ronnie Blake (Trumpet, Percussion), Mike Pelino (3rd guitarist on certain songs)

I just think sometimes it gets to be a bit much.

Hey, as long as it sounds good I don't mind.

yeah... if they sound brilliant, who cares.

numbers mean nothing anyways.

easily done mate. getting your ideas across sometimes is hard. which is why I tend to waffle a lot when I`m trying to explain exactly how I feel about things. somethings cant be explained properly in one sentance.... but posting a huge explaination can be just as confusing.

yep. Plus my english sucks, and sometimes I can't write in english what I want to say, haha.

As long as it sounds good, I don't care how many people do back-up.

I think its fine. Just do what they want.. Its not harming me in any way. Or affecting me in any way for that matter.

Is it "anyway" or "any way"? =/

I think that Green Day has too many back-up vocalists.

Mike Dirnt, Jason White, Jason Freeze, AND Ronnie Blake?

I think they should keep it to just Mike Dirnt. It's over-powering to have 4 back-up singers.

Thoughts?

(and yes, i searched first)

well for starters you dont know much jason white and jason freese really only have alot of vocal work in jesus of suburbia homecoming and a couple more and there mainly just like oooooo and that sorta background stuff where mike is the main still and ronnie black i have never seen doing backing cause he plays trumpet little hard for him im not having a go at you but yer i have noticed what they do i suggest you should watch something like storytellers or aol sessions to get the full story and what they do dosent hurt the song i really dont mind plus its really only on sings from warning era and american idiot so yer no harm done

i think they should keep it the way it is cause when they sing songs like king for a day, jesus of suburbia or are we the waiting and so on, when the crowds not as big or they don't sing back loud cause they have no mic them selves or something like that its good to have more than mike dirnt, just the way it is i guess

I like it however they choose to sing it- whether it is just Billie Joe and Mike or the whole gang.

Besides, its only all of them when they're live, isn't it? :/

thats what I thought. :/

I think they sound good. They all blend together really well too so I don't see it as a really big problem.

exactly. :thumbsup:

I think Green Day sound way different than most punk bands. Maybe it's cause punk is kind of a new trend right now, and GD is 17 years old. American Idiot was a little different, but it's still different from most punk bands today.

It sounds great so why bother changing it- at live concerts you want to make as much noise as you can get! :D

It works, because they also need people to play keyboard/trumpt/sax./accordian.

The vocals fill the song, and it makes it awsome :)

Archived