Future Green Day Music Videos

Beara

if sam bayer did his last video already then who do you think should be the new director of the future green day music videos. i was just wondering what you guys think. i'm thinking that they should choose Marc (he directed the music video for bat country, but not only that he's really exsperienced on lots of other videos as well)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know you have to see the music and hear it then find the message/meaning they are trying to put out there

I don't know many Music Vidoe Directors, but it will have to be someone good, if they're goin to replace Sam Bayer.

i dont know you have to see the music and hear it then find the message/meaning they are trying to put out there

Yeah, whoever directs the new videos will decide what to do with the song. I'm guessing it will be good, though, whoever the director is.

At least a new director would bring a new level to the vidoes, make something really different. i have no idea of names though, unless it could be someone like Tim Burton, that would be so cool.

exactly and at the same time, its the guys who will decide if its good and they havent had one bad video yet ( i mean that horriby sucked) and they will make the final decission

yea I hope they get someone good as well. obviously. no offense to sam bayer or green day but i didn't really like the wake me up video and JOS was not my favorite either.

I like fun videos like holiday and american idiot.

yea I hope they get someone good as well. obviously. no offense to sam bayer or green day but i didn't really like the wake me up video and JOS was not my favorite either.

I didn't really like the JOS video either. It fit the song pretty well, but I just didn't like it too much.

yeah but you wernt really totally supposed to enjoy them there were disscussing hard topics (billies dad, the war and for JOS just rage and love and struggles you deal with)

I don't care who they chose as long as it's someone besides Sam Bayer. I really don't like him.

maybe they will use Mark Kohr again

i was thinking that they might use someone that they previously had to direct their videos, but then again they most likely might not

Sam Bayer's videos for the American Idiot singles were a bit over rated. he made the videos for JOS and WMUWSE have too much going on. I think whoever Green Day choses to make their next videos should concentrate more on having the band in the videos playing their instruments and walking about and stuff.

I would like them to get their old video director back, oh well.

I don't care who they get,as long the video is good and no more Sam Bayer.

not having the band in the videos is one of the biggest complaints some fans had. personally I know what the band look like and dont need to see them perform or whatever to get what the song is about. not having the band in the videos was the a good thing in my view as it meant the song was put "center stage" rather than the band for once. all credit for them and Sam for doing that.

the reaction from fans just shows that the fans are more interested in the guys than the music. sadly. or at least those who I¬ve seen talking about the videos for "wake me up" and "JOS" any way. I know the impact that was hoped for.... and what I hoped for.... but it didnt work. not from what I`ve seen any way. which is a shame.

I don't care who they chose as long as it's someone besides Sam Bayer. I really don't like him.

were on the same brain wave, he's so...grrrrrrrrrr :mad::thumbsup:

QUOTE(bern @ Jul 5 2006, 11:55 AM)

yeah but you wernt really totally supposed to enjoy them there were disscussing hard topics (billies dad, the war and for JOS just rage and love and struggles you deal with)

^sorry not sure how to quote.

anyway yea I understand that so I guess they were ok for that purpose. What I didnt like about the wmuwse video were the actors idk they just bothered me.

also it wasnt the fact that the band wasnt in the video that bothered me. i guess the way I was interpreting those songs was portrayed a little differently in the videos so thats what I didnt like. more september than JOS.

I didn't really like the JOS video either. It fit the song pretty well, but I just didn't like it too much.

yeah, there were things i would have done, like made it so u cold hear him and his mum talk, and other thingd, but i think it fit the song preety well.

i like the dude who did the MCR videos, i 4got his name right now

maybe sam and marc should both direct the video that would be cool

maybe sam and marc should both direct the video that would be cool

I wonder how that would turn out, probably really good

I don't know any music directors or stuff..

I just like the bands and music..

Not really....the directors..

But I guess they need credit..

<gives credit to the music video directors>

there :happy:

I don't know any music directors or stuff..

I just like the bands and music..

Not really....the directors..

But I guess they need credit..

<gives credit to the music video directors>

there :happy:

lmao

Archived