Did Green Day influence you to start learning an insrument?

Mallory

Did they influence you into getting a musical instrument?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got into guitar because I wanted to play When i Come Around so badly. I still can't play it properly.

i voted then yes, then influence me cause i play there songs and

i wanna make music too.....

yeah,they did

billie joe-guitar

Trè Cool do it on the drums..... :pinch:

ive got a question and i know its off topic, but ive been thinking about learning guitar, and seems as u all seem to play/learn instruments

when do u think its too late to learn, im 18 atm

thanks? :blink: :/

naah its not too late.. i know someone that was in 12 grade in school and he started to play guitar and now he just graduated and he's really good, i'm sure you can do it too :happy:

• 1 month later...

Greenday definately influenced me to learn guitar =]

xxx

Definatley not. My dad started playing at 20. Now hes 48 and a fucking pro

no, my brother had an acoustic guitar, i was sick of palying piano (had played for 7 yrs), started takign lessons, then i started playing Green Day. Now i'm a rediculous guitar player (THANK YOU JOE SATRIANI!!!) but yes, Billie Joe did help me have a reason to play :thumbsup:

well they got me to start playing the bass... but i played alot of other insterments before

Yes. I was so young when I first heard Green Day, that they became my first, immediate favorite band. Seeing Mike on the bass like that, I can't really describe how I felt watching him play, but from about the time I was 7 or 8, along those lines, I decided I wanted to be a bass player. He was just one of those sort of idols, "I wanna be like him," sort of thing I suppose. Young and impressionable is why. But I'm not sorry that they are my influence for it.

Yes, because I love their music and I want to play their music, too. Some songs I can play on the piano, but the piano is boring and not the right instrument for Green Day songs of course. I wish I could play the guitar... Sometime I will learn it, I hope.

oh yes, they absolutely did. if I wouldn't have listened to Green Day, I wouldn't be the person I am today :)

Oh, most definitely! Billie Joe inspired me to play guitar, so I'm taking guitar lessons now. But I'll never be as good as him.

:thumbsup: me too! started a fwe weeks ago :)

Yes. but every member of Green Day inspire me for any instrument then I play, Billie Joe inspire me to play the Guitar, Mike Dirnt to play the Bass, and finally Tre Cool on the Drums. :)

I did mention to Saxophone.

Oops

Fuck yeah.

I'd wanted to play the drums as soon as I started listening to Green Day. And I did.

My Mum worked so hard to give me the cash for lessons and I'll love her forever for it. I'd kill to be as fast as Tre Cool though. I've been playing for 6 years now so I'm at a decent level now but I'll never be good as Tre.

Archived