What Green Day songs can you play?

green_day_maniac

I can play all of their songs. Even every B-side. Of course there is a solo here and a solo there I haven't learned but I can easily play any song. It's not like it takes a rocket scientist to learn them. Anyone who has played guitar for some years and likes Green Day I am sure can play any song and if they can't, I'm sure they could learn to play any of their songs in a couple of minutes.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I learnt Green Day a few weeks back, well, not exactly, I can't do the solo.

But I learnt to play anarchy in the UK in 15 minutes. :sherlock:

- Good Riddance

- Wake Me Up When September Ends

- Brain Stew

- When I Come Around

and now i'm learning Basket Case and Boulevard Of Broken Dreams. ^^

Quite a few,they are(i might foget some)

American idiot:holiday,JOS,WMUWSE

shenanigins:Rotting,haha your dead

Warning:warning

Nimrod:nice guys finish last

insomniac:stuck with me,brain stew

Dookie:when i come around.all by my self,welcome to paradise

thats all i know on bass and guitar.

Hahaha. I know more than three chords = I can play all of them :lol:

Just kidding. But seriously I can play quite a few. Good Riddance was the first song I learned on guitar, I can also play Minority, Holiday, American Idiot, JoS, Letterbomb, Basket Case, Warning, Macy's Day Parade, Longview, When I Come Around, Welcome to Paradise, Castaway, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Hitchin' a Ride, Dominated Love Slave, All By Myself, Maria, Blood Sex and Booze, Platypus and the Grouch.

I know there are some others I've forgotten (either I've forgotten how to play them, or I've forgotten that I can) but those are the ones that spring to mind. All on guitar, although I can also play Longview, JoS, Holiday, American Idiot and Wake Me Up When September Ends on bass. :D

i can lay thses with no tabs, only music:

Reject

Redundant

ST.jimmy

Letterbomb

Jesus of surburbia

Scatterd

The Grouch

Panic Song

American idiot

Warning

Castaway

Church on sunday

Uptight

Having a blast

In the End

SHe

Whatsername

Welcome To Paradise

Stuart and the Ave

Longview

Time of your Life

When i come around

All By Myself

woow, thats was menny more then i thought.. 23 songs..

too many to name.

try :P

allways dun to see how menny songs you actually know ^^

I can play all of their songs. Even every B-side. Of course there is a solo here and a solo there I haven't learned but I can easily play any song. It's not like it takes a rocket scientist to learn them. Anyone who has played guitar for some years and likes Green Day I am sure can play any song and if they can't, I'm sure they could learn to play any of their songs in a couple of minutes.

TBH, green day isnt the worst songs you can play.

and some songs takes some more time then 2-3 min, but when you first get it, you remember them :)

Paper Lanterns

The Judges Daughter

Going to Pasalaqua

2000 Light Years Away

Christie Road

My Generation

One of My Lies

Welcome to Paradice

Having A Blast

Longview

Basket Case

When I come Around

She

Coming Clean

F.O.D.

All By Myself

Armatage Shanks

Brat

Stuck With Me

Geek Stink Breath

No Pride

Bab's Uvula Who?

Brain Stew

Jaded

Walking Contradiciton

The Grouch

Scattered

Nice Guys Finish Last

Hitchin' A Ride

Worry Rock

Redundant

Good Riddance

King For A Day

Reject

Haushinka

Jinx

Walking Alone

Warning

Blood Sex and Booze

Church on Sunday

Fashion Victim

Castaway

Misery

Deadbeat Holiday

Minority

Waiting

Macy's Day Parade

Roshambo

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Holiday'

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Are We the Waiting

St. Jimmy

Give Me Novacaine

She's A Rebel

Extraordinary Girl

Letterbomb

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Homecoming

Whatsername

Favorite Son

Shoplifter

Working Class Hero

I Fought The Law

Desensitized

Outsider

Tired of Waiting

Ha Ha You're Dead

Stop drop and Roll

Mother Mary

Ruby Room

Red Tide

Highway 1

She's a Saint Not a Celebrity

The Pedestrian

Sally

Dark Side of Night

Pieces of Truth

27th Ave Shuffle

Alligator

The Two Chords for 21CB and last but not least the duet with him and Elvis Costello of Allison

Paper Lanterns

409 In Your Coffeemaker

Dry Ice

Welcome To Paradise

Christie Road

No One Knows

F.O.D.

Emenius Sleepus

In The End

Castaway

Minority

Deadbeat Holiday

Rotting

Ha Ha You're Dead

American Idiot

Holiday

2000 Light Years Away

One Of My Lies

Strangeland

Chump

Geek Stink Breath

Basket Case

Going To Pasalacqua

Why Do You Want Him?

She

When I Come Around

Brain Stew

Walking Alone

Good Riddance

She's A Rebel

Waiting

Macy's Day Parade

Extraordinary Girl

Letterbomb

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Whatsername

Coming Clean

All By Myself

Walking Contradiction

The Grouch

Redundant

Scattered

Worry Rock

Jinx

Reject

Church On Sunday

Misery

Are We The Waiting

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?

Disappearing Boy

Guitar.

try :P

allways dun to see how menny songs you actually know ^^

at the library, don't leave me, disappearingboy, green day, going to pasalacqua, 16, road to acceptance, judge's d, paper lanterns, why do you want him, 409, knowledge, 1000 hours, dry ice, only of you, one that i want, i wanna be alone

2000 lya, one for the razorbacks (mostly), WTP, christie road, dominated love slave, one of my lies, 80, android, no-one knows, who wrote holden caulfield, sweet children, best thing in town, (strangeland (except solo), my gen.

burnout, having a blast (mostly), chump, longview, pulling teeth, basket case, she, sassafrass roots, when i come around, coming clean, in the end, fod, all by myself

brat, stuck with me, geek stink breath, panic song, 86, brain stew, jaded, walking contradiction,

nice guys finish last, hitchin a ride, the grouch, redundant (except solo) scattered, worry rock, platypus, reject, take back, king for a day, good riddance

warning, blood sex and booze, chirch on sunday, castaway, misery (mostly), waiting, minority

all of american idiot

stop drop and roll, mother mary, broadway (except solo), shes a saint...(except solo), pedestrian, 27th ave shuffle (not solo)

2 chords of 21stCB plus an unknown song from that album (1st song in the 1st studio vid)

all on guitar. and these are only the songs that i can play completely. if i listed all the songs that i could only play parts of, it would be almost every song, the only exceptions would be most of shenanigans and the ai b-sides.

i can play

american idiot, jesus of suburbia, holiday, boulvard of broke dreams, are we the waiting, shes a rebel, whatsername, welcome to paradise, sassafras roots, basket case, when i come around, church on sunday, deadbeat holiday, hold on, minority, haha your dead, poprocks and coke, brain stew, hitchin a ride, scattered, all the time, worry rock, good riddance, paper laterns, and thats all i can think of right now :P

i can play the whole of dookie and insomniac on guitar, to be honest, not that hard either.

i can do a few songs from AI haven't tried any warning songs, i can play good riddance, 2000 light years away, uptight, paper lanters and only of you as well

It's easier for me to answer what songs I CAN'T play! lol. I play guitar and sing just about any green day song you could throw at me. (I can't help it, when your drunk and just wanna rock out in your room with your guitar, it's hard to beat throwing on a green day album and just swinging away!) :/

Although they don't all sound 2 good I can play all of American Idiot on Piano and Good Riddance

being able to play Green Day songs isn't impressive, you barely have to put any effort into playing them.

Some people learn whatever they want... I might choose to play Green Day over Rush somedays. I think chord progressions can be mighty impressive.

All of them. I've played along to every one in my room and my band's covered probably half at some point.

Basket Case, When I Come Around, Welcome to Paradise, Longview, American Idiot, Jesus Of Suburbia, Holiday, BoBD, WMUWSE, Whatsername, Hitchin A Ride, Deadbeat Holiday, Fashion Victim, Waiting, Walking Alone, Ha Ha Your Dead, Are We The Waiting. And you know that first studio video they release a few months ago? I can play what Billie is playing at the start, though its only 2 chords haha

Archived