Another dig at Green Day / Green Day & Buzzcocks

Parley

:blink: everyone is just getting very jelous about green day now...they shuld really mind their own buisness.. no wonder why they r not as good think about envy of green day instead of themselves :ermm:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink: everyone is just getting very jelous about green day now...they shuld really mind their own buisness.. no wonder why they r not as good think about envy of green day instead of themselves :ermm:

do you even know who the buzzcocks are?

I know who those bands are. And I don't care what anyone says. There's so much music out there, that every song someone writes is going to sound at least a teeny bit like one that's already out there. It's just the way it is. Who cares if Green Day is "watered down" or not? Green Day influences each person in a different way. And for me, no music has sounded quite like them. As long as the music speaks to you, then who gives a crap about who said what about it? It's music. Music doesn't come with labels. It's soundwaves floating through the air. And it's absolute heaven for some people. Including me.

i dont think musicians really have the right to judge other musicians. because they are all in the same boat . this guy says that punk music is 'rejecting the past and creating something new', which is exactly what green day did over time.

I know who the Buzzcocks, Pistols and The Clash are

Sex Pistols weren't very original, look at the song "I Fought The Law" - stolen

Buzzcocks sound like every other punk band making them not that good, but I do listen to them...

It isn't very "punk" to go around, labelling people and telling you if you're a wannabe try-hard or not!

in what way are they the watered down version..

just because they didn't beat the shit out of their wives :pinch: ?

those old "punk" bands were fucking assholes. :down: .

They probably weren't assholes back then but now they sure are!

But, if anyones seen te move Sid and Nancy... :/

Again? Bands need to stop bagging out green day. Sometimes you would have to use someones work as i guide for your own. Now for a lesson,

What Graan Day are doing (and not only green day do it): are inspired by someones work and use their idea, but only changing it alot to their own likeing. Using more as a structure instead of calling it 'their own'

What is claimed their doing: 'Copying' someones work completely and not changing it much. (ex, using the exact same tabs or chords as a song exept changing one or 2 small things and calling it their own.

I'm done with my lesson

they're just jealous that they got more famouse them all of them put together :rolleyes: :wink:

i honestly think u lose some "punk" when u get famouse but who in the hell cares.they're rich and they could probably give a care less what people think about them

Who cares?

People are allowed to have opinions and of cource we are going to hate it, we are Green Day fans.

Actually it's kinda pointless to be all like 'he's so wrong, green day are the most amazing band in the world'

- it's obvious.

We laugh when someone attacks a band we hate or dislike. Sometimes it bites us in the ass...

Sorry but i just see it as something pointless, he says he doesn't like Green Day, then some of us say we hate the buzzcocks, he fuckinodjgrjirjgf!!! It never stops. Just... hmm. love him instead for saying that, making you think.. saying his opinions out loud.. mwahah.

peace and love. :blush:

Who does he think he is the fucking Chairman of the Punk Rules society? Why can't he just leave them alone!?

Isn't everything from the original punk watered down from what it initially was?

I honestly don't care who insults Green Day. They're not being very original with their insults by saying Green Day are unoriginal EVERY TIME.

Did that even make sense?

Yeah it did :) and i agree

Guest Quietus

Yes, because Green Day clearly gives a fuck what this person thinks. I bet they are crying over (ruining their perfect eyeliner) it whilst slitting their wrists because hey! They're emo fag fuckers!

Who does he think he is the fucking Chairman of the Punk Rules society? Why can't he just leave them alone!?

:lol::thumbsup:

meh who cares? It's not like Green Day are gonna stop making music because, shock horror, this guy doesn't like them. I'd choose Green Day over Sex Pistols/Buzzcocks any day. "Old School" or "Hardcore" punk just all sounds the same to me...

I like the Pistols and the Cocks :lol: but i like GD waaay better. Maybe because the others are from the UK and they talk more about UK stuff. ....

Pssh. He's the one to say that they aren't doing something original.

After the sex pistols and the clash started getting attention, bands, including the buzzcocks popped out of nowhere, overnight, and jumped on the bandwagon, which makes him the original copycat.

They did fucking do something original, not many punk bands went from 3 chord punk, to acoustic ballads, then wrote a pop song.

And music is based on past influences. People don't just wake up one day and write an hour long album from nothing.

Even "punk" bands like the sex pistols, buzzcocks, the clash drew influences from david bowie, beatles (although they might not admit it), 60's garage bands and reggae, so what is he trying to prove?

I think he's flattering himself, sorta like the whole "I taught him everything he knows" shit.

But green day's largest influences far surpass punk, ie.

Bob dylan (one of their fav artists, greatly criticized for changing style),

the clash (london calling is far from what most punk bands were doing in 79', if they even lasted that long), david bowie (he's dipped his fingers into everything hasn't he) ect.

So again, all just bull shit.

I completely agree. :)

same shit, different day from all the old punk bands. They all say they never wanted commercial success, but deep down (they would never admit it) they would have loved commercial success and are jealous. I truely believe this. They get their next 15 minutes of fame by dissing Green Day. That makes news of course and they get their names in print one more time.

That is EXACTLY what I always say about those people...the semi-successful bands who put down any successful band...

I cannot imagine any band who believes in and loves what they do, but says, "ummm, I don't care if anyone hears our music"

It sortof defeats the purpose of music in my opinion.

AND I STILL commend Green Day for making music they believe in and performing at the top of the ability every time despite the critisim they have recieved!

Besides, there is no such thing as originality. There will always be someone before you who did it first!

With American Idiot, Green Day has managed to transcend the "punk" label or any other kind of label with, perhaps, the exception of "rock." (Ooh...that sounds like the opening sentence to a review :lol: )

I think all these old fart punk dudes really do recognize this and their envy just can't be contained. Funny how GD's huge success has now attracted these comments. As someone already said, it's a great way for the aforementioned farts to get a teeny-weeny bit of press now that they are generally ignored by the public.

Well said, it's easy to take shots at those flying higher than the rest.

Nobody soared higher than Green Day last year, American Idiot was a cultural phenomenon.

I think they were probably aping the Ramones in the beginning a bit, but now I think they're pretty original and I love 'em. Don't we all bear a resemblence to others in one way or another? I mean, come on.

I think all these older guys speaking bad about green day are just pissed that green day is doing as well or better than them..or just angry old farts :whistling:

Guys, punk. Just stop being hysterical every time somebody looks crooked at Green Day - even Green Day don't react like you do.

The Buzzcocks, The Clash - these are names that are revered and bands that are dear to the hearts of anyone who cared about the original punk scene, and if they're asked their opinion - as they regularly are , to get a reaction as it inevitably will, they're going to give it. Unvarnished, and not caring what anyone thinks of it - because they're punk; what do you expect them to do, come out all touchy-feely and sweet? Did you expect Johnny fucking Rotten to say 'actually, I think what they do is just adorable and I hope they make even more money' - his second name is 'Rotten', and if Billie was born, as he says, to make Bush's life hell, then Johnny was born to piss everyone off, and I think it's very impressive that the old guy is actually managing to agitate teenies thirty years down the line!

Diggle's comments are hardly some kind of vicious criticism - if he thinks Green Day have deviated from the original ideals of punk, then he's entitled to his opinion.

My own feeling is that there are two distinct schools of punk, and the division among fans is caused by not recognizing that what Billie calls punk is not what Steve, Johnny et al call punk. It seems logical to me that what appeared and evolved in the Britain of the 70s, in times of unemployment, poverty, Cold War threat, and Thatcherism, must necessarily be a different animal to its successor which developed among disenfranchised, poverty-hit youth, in California, in the era of Clinton, 'Friends', and 'The Simpsons'.

It's a more sophisticated era, it's a different continent, it's a separate strand deserving of its own separate identity, that would not need to keep referring back to Brit Punk and having to explain itself.

Call it California Punk and be done with it - then define what it is, on its own terms. Who's going to write this history, record this culture? Well, fuck it, I will, guys, because it's rivetting.

And could someone stop asking the old guys the kind of questions you know will get you headline answers?

Nah, didn't think so!

Just stop being hysterical every time somebody looks crooked at Green Day

Just because people are voicing an opposing opinion doesn't mean they are hysterical.

Just because people are voicing an opposing opinion doesn't mean they are hysterical.

True - I exaggerated slightly. Looking back through this thread, the posts aren't as heated as others I've seen for this kind of thread. One of my points is that basically these guys are asked what they think of Green Day in the hope and expectation that they will say something negative and generate a reaction from GD's fans; it insults both the person they're interviewing and GD's fans alike, quite apart from shying some mud at Green Day that they no doubt shrug off at this stage.

Archived