Weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played?

Chrismond

At a license renewal place...it was weird, it was american idiot, but it was weird because there were all these old people and this old guy was bobbing his head to the music. Haha. :ermm:

This is something from like a million pages ago, but I believe a "funeral after party" is called a wake. ^_-

Anyway, nothing too special.

-In art class, where they normally play weird hippie music and nothing worth listening to, we finally got the closest thing to a decent radio station on, and I heard Holiday

-Outback [steakhouse, for those that are unaware], when my sister got her job there

-On said almost-decent radio station, they play not-American Idiot tracks sometimes, especially Good Riddance and stuff from Warning and Dookie.

in study hall. my sub teacher had the radio on, and "when i come around" came on

Same.

My 8th grade friends were graduating, and they played Good Riddance.

Which is funny because in an interview Billie said, "That song is really a big fuck you."

^ Yeah, I have to agree. I sang it for graduation this year, and it was kind of weird.

this is weird I had just finish listening to the a.i cd when I went to sea World and they were playing Whatsername that was weird because i had just walked in their :blink:

in the nurse's station in the doctors office where I work. Oh yeah I had to laugh when they played Good Riddance on the series finale of Seinfeld.

in computer class. we were presenting powerpoints and i swear like 10 people had green day on theirs. but then i did so..........i had american idiot

A couple days ago in gym Holiday came on and my friend started screaming the lyrics along with the rest of the class. It was quite odd.

Where is the weirdest place you've heard a green day song being played...mine was at a school assembly. It was Good Riddance with a slide show :)

WOAH... i heard Good Riddance on a slideshow at an assembly for 6th grade graduation last year.. OH well another wierd one was Whatsername at a Chile's resturaunt in Texas. So there you go!

The lunch ladies at my school like playing Green Day in this Snack Shack thing we have. It's pretty cool because they'll crank it up really loud and sing along to it, haha.

ha ha church :whistling: it was platypus( i hate you) it was very funny the preist actually laughed when the big line of curses came on :lol:

wow. . .that rite ther is hularious man! :lol:

hm...once at a school assembly they played part of extrordinary girl in this play/skit thing that some anti drug group came to do. that was strange....

I heard Extraordinary Girl when I was walking by one of those trendy type stores. I think it was either Hollister or Abercrombie. It was kind of funny because then the next store was Hot Topic and they were also playing Green Day, only it was American Idiot.

haha i had that same type of experience except it was whatsername in hollister and brain stew in hot topic. it was pretty funny.

they played american idiot on a school dance, and that line 'maybe i'm the faggot america' they BARELY altered out 'faggot' lol. everyone heard it

not at a weird place, but one day i was outside at a sandwitch place and i was talking about green day and the song basketcase and then a car stops right behind me and they were basket case... that was kinda weird

I had a dentist appointment today. While the dentist was tightening my braces, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" was playing on his radio. I completely forgot about the pain. =D

I had a dentist appointment today. While the dentist was tightening my braces, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" was playing on his radio. I completely forgot about the pain. =D

They should have played "Give Me Novocaine." :P

Last week, I heard Wake Me Up playing at Publix (the grocery store I work at). It was really weird because normally they play light jazz/elevator music, so I got really excited, and I said "Whoa! They're playing Green Day!!" And this middle-aged woman that works there was like "Huh? What's that?" I couldn't believe that she had never heard of them, so I started asking random customers if they knew who Green Day was, and most of them didn't. Do they all live under the same rock or something??

I also think I remember hearing a Green Day song being played at one of my school's football games.

Edited by beLIEve

I was in the photo shop using the machine to develop my digi photos of the BIAB premier when they played Basket case on the radio. I was so excited and was showing the assistant that the band playing on the radio was the band on my pictures. She wasn't impressed though.

And when we went on holiday to Spain last June, Holiday was played on the radio on the coach transfer to the hotel. Quite ironic and my kids were singing at the top of their voices. Later in the week we took a boat trip and BOBD was on Spanish radio. They have good taste. I nearly died when my two kids shouted FUCKED UP in front of my Dad. Don't think he noticed though. They wouldn't have got away with it at home.....

Waiting outside Preston train station, 7PM and a huge black van went past, with blacked out windows, playing Good Riddance haha.

That's about the weirest.