Rotten: "Green Day are plonk"

Fuzz

I think it is because of jealousy because Green Day had a lot of success. The Sex Pistols were a great band at all and they tried to become so punk that they weren't quite punk but they are punk so it gives them a right to critize Green Day and tell they are not punk but they are punk but the Sex Pistols kinda started punk and they know about punk but Green Day are kinda is in the same level with the Sex Pistols about punk but the Sex Pistol told them that they are plonk which is wrong and........ :ermm::huh: I don't know want I'm saying. :ermm:

I think Green Day are punk with a little (barely anything) pop.

No bad Carla, GREEN DAY ARE PUNK!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think it's funny. I mean, PLONK? Come on Johnny, you can do better than that! :lol:

:lol:

I didn't know what the hell is plonk before Johnny say that, I thought that he made a new word :rolleyes:

I like him && everything, but he's being a bit of a hypocrite, seeming as Macolm McFuckwit told him what to do all the time.

++ The Ramones were the first punk band. Not the Pistols

xxx

^noo..I think I have something to say.

(though it is amazing how much talk people could generate out of one man's crap.he probably just got what he wanted - everyone paying attention to him. like someone said, 'whining'.Really.)

so i'm guessing you have to be the one who created punk to be punk? interesting... and i thought punk was about not caring about what anyone thought and dressing how ever you wanted and not following what people before you were doing...lol silly me. so i'm just wondering what band johnny rotten would rather have to show everyone what punk really is, good charlotte maybe? :rolleyes:

bleh. i hate when bands rag on other bands. no matter how old or young the other is, it's not their place.

yeah that about sums up what I was thinking.

It's just a label.

No, it's a virus!
It's an attitude towards life, sth. people believe in, a struggle for freedom and identity and, fuck it, people are living for it!

It's not sth. you can paint on your jacket and it also can't be found inside a studded belt, It's not sth. you can buy nor sth. you can sell, because it's sth. that comes from the heart.

Think about that, the next time you're spitting a punk in the face.

what's sth?

Use your brain! You have one, dude!

DEAD KENNEDYS - Chickenshit Conformist

Punk's not dead
It just deserves to die
When it becomes another stale cartoon
A close-minded, self-centered social club
Ideas don't matter, it's who you know
If the music's gotten boring
It's because of the people
Who want everyone to sound the same
Who drive bright people out
Of our so-called scene
'Til all that's left Is just a meaningless fad
Hardcore formulas are dogshit
Change and caring are what's real
Is this a state of mind
Or just another label
The joy and hope of an alternative
Have become its own cliche
A hairstyle's not a lifestyle
Imagine Sid Vicious at 35
Who needs a scene
Scared to love and to feel
Judging everythng
By loud fast rules appeal
Who played last night?
"I don't know, I forgot.
But diving off the stage Was a lot of fun."

So eager to please
Peer pressure decrees
So eager to please
Peer pressure decrees

Make the same old mistakes
Again and again,
Chickenshit conformist
Like your parents
What's ripped us apart even more than drugs
Are the thieves and the goddamn liars
Flipping people off when they share their stuff
When someone falls are there any friends?
Harder core than thou for a year or two
Then it's time to get a real job
Others stay home, it's no fun to go out
When the gigs are wrecked by gangs and thugs
When the thugs form bands, look who gets record deals
From New York metal labels looking to scam
Who sign the most racist queerbashing bands they can find
To make a buck revving kids up for war
Walk tall, act small
Only as tough as gang approval
Unity is bullshit
When it's under someone's fat boot
Where's the common cause
Too many factions
Safely sulk in their shells
Agree with us on everything
Or we won't help with anythng
That kind of attitude
Just makes a split grow wider
Guess who's laughing while the world explodes
When we're all crybabies
Who fight best among ouselves

That farty old rock and roll attitude's back
"It's competition, man, we wanna break big."
Who needs friends when the money's good
That's right, the '70s are back.
Cock-rock metal's like a bad laxative
It just don't move me, ya know?
The music's OK when there's more ideas than solos
Do we rally need the attitude too?
Shedding thin skin too quickly
As a fan it disappoints me
Same old stupid sexist lyrics
Or is Satan all you can think of?
Crossover is just another word
For lack of ideas
Maybe what we need
Are more trolls under the bridge
Will the metalheads finally learn something-
Or will the punks throw away their education?
No one's ever the best
Once they believe their own press
"Maturing" don't mean rehashing
Mistakes of the past

The more things change
The more they stay the same
We can't grow
When we won't criticize ourselves
The '60s weren't all failure
It's the '70s that stunk
As the clock ticks we dig the same hole
Music scenes ain't real life
They won't get rid of the bomb
Won't eliminate rape
Or bring down the banks
Any kind of real change
Takes more time and work
Than changing channels on a TV set

I think it is because of jealousy because Green Day had a lot of success. The Sex Pistols were a great band at all and they tried to become so punk that they weren't quite punk but they are punk so it gives them a right to critize Green Day and tell they are not punk but they are punk but the Sex Pistols kinda started punk and they know about punk but Green Day are kinda is in the same level with the Sex Pistols about punk but the Sex Pistol told them that they are plonk which is wrong and........ :ermm::huh: I don't know want I'm saying. :ermm:

I think Green Day are punk with a little (barely anything) pop.

No bad Carla, GREEN DAY ARE PUNK!

oh my. You used the word punk like rapid fire.

And frankly, catfights aren't punk so this is all a wates of time and major e-bitch slaps to whomever decided it was totally nessecary to bump this.

oh my. You used the word punk like rapid fire.

And frankly, catfights aren't punk so this is all a wates of time and major e-bitch slaps to whomever decided it was totally nessecary to bump this.

Seriously ... you really should do some sports!

Ok, another question. Do you folks have nothing better to do than to flame everyone in this forum who... (don't really know, what so ever has been the reason! I'm just guessing...) voices an opinion that differs from yours?

Ok, another question. Do you folks have nothing better to do than to flame everyone in this forum who... (don't really know, what so ever has been the reason! I'm just guessing...) voices an opinion that differs from yours?

you didn't answer my question.

And calm down.

you are doing that exact same thing. mmmcrazypills was giving her opinion to your message.

this is a messageboard, expect fucking messages.

you didn't answer my question.

And calm down.

Ok, to stick to the cat analogy, in nature every animal is aware that energy is not to be wasted. I keep my lechery for fightings for things that actually make sense, if you can follow me?!

Or, in other words, things that are worth fighting for. It's not like every little wanker who feels the need to insult me, even deserve thinking about the term wanker.

Look, I don't know you. Why the hell, should I start a fight? What for? To be right? I have my opinion and you have yours! There's no need to to get abusive. I dont want to change your mind, nor would I do it with flaming. So where's the sense?

Ps. If I waste energy, than I will do it for fun. Sorry, you aren't funny, baby! *kittengreetz*

Ok, to stick to the cat analogy, in nature every animal is aware that energy is not to be wasted. I keep my lechery for fightings for things that actually make sense, if you can follow me?!

Or, in other words, things that are worth fighting for. It's not like every little wanker who feels the need to insult me, even deserve thinking about the term wanker.

Look, I don't know you. Why the hell, should I start a fight? What for? To be right? I have my opinion and you have yours! There's no need to to get abusive. I dont want to change your mind, nor would I do it with flaming. So where's the sense?

oh my, she said one thing and you type that? lame.

oh my, she said one thing and you type that? lame.

To put it briefly > I am not interested in your kindergarden games. Remember that for the next time... :wink:

Ps. If I waste energy, than I will do it for fun. Sorry, you aren't funny, baby! *kittengreetz*

You are shitting me right?

YOU are the one who had a tizzy. Not me. I actually didn't read any of this before I posted.

I wasn't fighting with you.

Actually I directed ntohing at you. I was talking about whomever bumped this shit from a billion years ago.

Stop trying to be hardcore with the keyboard. =]

Archived