I have an idea on how we as Green Day fans can do our part to make Green Day's fame everlasting

willgc

If you are actually serious about this, count me in, I'll start saving up now. I'd love to see my band on the Hollywood blvd, when I went to America I was looking for them but the Hollywood fags didn't put them up, I was majorly disappointed.

I hope this actually works.

Good luck<3

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought people could do whatever they want with their money? :rolleyes:

they can. im just saying that I would rather donate money to charity than have a a band on a golden star.

I always thought people could do whatever they want with their money? :rolleyes:

of course, but in my opinion it could be spent on better things, but if you guys are actually gonna go ahead with this then good luck.....you'll need it :/

isn't there a Rock of Fame for rockbands?

that come on there,when they were making music together for 25 years..

or is that sth different?

I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd check and see how this was going...

The rock and roll hall of fame is different. In order to get a star on the Hollywood walk of fame you need to have been in the business for over 5 years (GD in their 17th or 18th year now), in the commission's words: aquired a status of "Professional achievement" (I think multiple Grammys, countless other awards and over 30 million albums sold constitutes that), and established a contribution to the entertainment community (Green Day started mainstream punk rock and changed rock and roll history at least twice, I think that counts!)

As far as the people saying they have better uses of their money. That is your decision, and I totally respect that. What I'm suggesting is a statement for fans who wish to show their absolute support for Green Day. As some of you may have heard me say on this forum, I started listening to Green Day at a real low point in my life, and I think they really contributed in bringing me back up, I even believe they saved my life. When Billie Joe presented Tom Petty with a lifetime acheivement award, Tom Petty said that people told him they were grateful for writing the soundtrack of their lives, well, Green Day's written mine and I just want to thank them in the best way that I can, and I think I'm not alone.

On a side note, I do donate to charity. I'm an Type 1 Diabetic. 3 months ago I volunteered at a fundraised for the most advanced Diabetes Research Institute/Clinic in America and afterwards I donated $200 to the cause. Every year I strongly support and make contributions to Cancer/AIDS/MS/Down Syndrome campaigns and I'm a big supporter of Stem Cell Research. I have money at my disposal and I donate it to any charity that I see fit. What I'm trying to do here is thank the people who gave me so much.

i think this is a brilliant idea!

lets hope it gets of the ground floor....it would make my trip to america more worthwhile i could stand on the star and say i contributed to this! :laugh:

Yeah,that would be great. Green day's music has helped me up from a low point, I'm really grateful. They deserve immortality! ( of a sort) :wink:

I guess that would be kinda cool - it would give me warm fuzzy feelings about being a member of this land we call GDA. :laugh:

awesome idea. i'm in. but i need a word from my parents first.

i think we should spread the idea more.

Wow what a good idea :)

I'm in on this :D

Green Day has changed me and my life in so many good ways so i would do this for them, without a doubt :wub:

This is one of the best idea's I've seen in a long time on here. They totally deserve one, I say sure!

Wow what a good idea :)

I'm in on this :D

Green Day has changed me and my life in so many good ways so i would do this for them, without a doubt :wub:

me too...

they thought me how to stand up for my liberation and not letting anyone push me around

i'll be myself and this is myself...

so Green Day does deserve that honor, and for me to pay them back for what they'd taught me.

This is one of the best idea's I've seen in a long time on here. They totally deserve one, I say sure!

agreed...one of the best ideas here

Archived