I have an idea on how we as Green Day fans can do our part to make Green Day's fame everlasting

willgc

Hey everyone. I know it's been a while since I posted on here (school's been Hell) but I've come here tonight for a VERY special reason!

I have a proposal that could give us all the chance to show Green Day how much we truly love them, and add another REALLY BIG accolade to their long list.

I've been living in Southern California for all of my life, and for most of it, I've been going to Hollywood for vacations, day trips, movie premieres, all sorts of things. Anyways, one of my favorite things about Hollywood is the Walk of Fame. For those of you who don't know what that is, on Hollywood Blvd and on some surrounding streets the sidewalks have rows of stars on them. These stars have a person (or persons) name on it and a symbol representing the kind of artist they are. (TV has a TV set, Movies has a camera, Radio has a mic, and Music has a gold record).

Most of the stars are for movies or television, but there are a few bands on there such as The Beatles, The Monkee's, Rolling Stones and then other singers like Tony Bennett and Queen Latifah all have stars.

I think we should unite and try and get Green Day a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame!

Also, the reason I'm suggesting we do this is because in order to get considered, an artist needs to be nominated by a representing fan club, and if they get the nomination approved the fan club needs to raise $15,000 within 5 years to get the star put on there.

If you get a chance to read this Andres, what do you think about GDA being the nominating fan club? and what are everyone elses thoughts? (by the way, I know $15,000 sounds like a lot, but when you consider the fan base GD has, I think it would be easy to raise. Hell, if they get the nomination, I'll put in $100 in on the spot! So what's everyone's thoughts?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that sounds like a REALLY good idea...plus that wont be that hard to raise within 5 years...i like it :thumbsup:

GREAT! I'm glad there's so much support after just 5 minutes! Hopefully, this stays up at the top and Andres reads it in the morning. If we can get him and GDA behind this, it can happen!

i think it's an awesome idea and count me in on it too...green day really deserve it :thumbsup:

And when I go to LA, I'll make sure I jump up and down on that star. Hahaha yeh c'mon guys. If we're gonna do one thing good in our lifetime, let's help 3 guys get eternal respect. Sure it's not for ourselves but won't you be proud you contributed to that star?

I love how once every couple of years I have a good idea! Thanks for everyone support, plus, the people who support this the most usually get to go to the ceremony. A family member of mine helped get a TV star their star on the walk of fame 6 or 7 years ago, I was at the after party. It was really cool!

Thats a cool idea, do you think we could involve other Green Day sites aswell, such as the Idiot Club because that has a ridiculous amount of members and would help amensly with raising the money. :D

Hell yeah! I expect we'd need the idiot club. But if I understand the rules correctly, we have to submit our nomination under one group. Maybe we can get everyone from every site to establish the "CITIZENS FOR GREEN DAY'S STAR" club or something. But what we really need are the heads of each of the Green Day fan clubs to support this, and since this is the biggest, that makes Andres and the other leaders of GDA the most important!

no way, not pay most of it. We can make this cheap for everyone. Just think about it, millions of fans. all we need are 1,500 to put in $10 and there will be many who put in more (including me). This can be cheap for everyone!

no way, not pay most of it. We can make this cheap for everyone. Just think about it, millions of fans. all we need are 1,500 to put in $10 and there will be many who put in more (including me). This can be cheap for everyone!

ah okay thats a much better way to think it :laugh: considering theres a few 1,000 people on GDC

Archived